phpbb_search_wordlist

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
netclectic
Former Team Member

phpbb_search_wordlist

Post by netclectic »

Can anybody enlighten me as to the significance of the 'word_common' column in the phpbb_search_wordlist table?
Defend the game:
morpheus2matrix
Former Team Member

Post by morpheus2matrix »

yes, this is a good question :roll:
Former phpBB MOD-Team Member -

Forgive my bad English :(

No support by PM/Email - Thanks - You can thanks me here :) - Pay me for installing MOD's :lol:
AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB »

How is this a MOD-Authors support question?? Are you developing something, or just a general question... in which case it should be in 'support' forum ;)

Thanks.
Black Fluffy Lion
Former Team Member

Post by Black Fluffy Lion »

it's to state whether the word is one which is commonly posted on the fora. When searching, if the word is marked as common, then it will be skipped out (I think :))
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

AbelaJohnB wrote: How is this a MOD-Authors support question?? Are you developing something, or just a general question... in which case it should be in 'support' forum ;)

Well, i figured it was a bit more specific than general support as it's about the internal workings of the software rather than the functionality or use of the software.

Anyway, yes i am developing a mod where the search words are used to build dynamic meta keywords in viewtopic and i was unsure of the significance of the word_common column as none of the words in search_wordlist table of my forums have a value of anything other than zero.

So if a word has a value greater than zero should i ignore it?
Defend the game:
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

If a word is very heavily used (i.e. if that single word's occurences makes up a certain percentage of the total number of occurences of all indexed words) then the word is no longer indexed when people post it. It is marked as 'common word' and handled as if it were in the search_stop_words. This only happened for one word on my board, so it doesn't have much impact (IMHO).

To learn more about the search, look here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=33810 or look into the add_searchwords function, it'll become clear.
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Thank you!
Defend the game:

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”