- add error_die_function parameter
- add html, bbcode_on, smilies_on parameters
- fix bugs with special chars
- remove check for version specific field names
- added current_time parmeter as suggested by wineknow
- fixed small problem with ' being change to ''
- fixed small bug in insert_post as point out by Pda0
- This functions is used to insert a post into your phpbb forums. It handles all the related bits like updating post counts, indexing search words, etc. The post is inserted for a specific user, so you will have to already have a user setup which you want to use with it.
- reply to an existing topic
- specify topic type - normal (default), sticky, anouncement
- backwards compatible with some earlier phpbb versions (2.0.0 - 2.0.4)
- returns an array containing both the post_id and the topic_id
In the zip file you will find 2 files:
- functions_insert_post.php - in subdir mods/netclectuc - this is where the insert_post function lives, i've put in a seperate file like this to make it easier to update with a view to adding support for attachments shortly.
- test_insert_post.php - in here you will find some examples of how to use the function. It shows the bare necessities (i can feel a song coming on) of how to set it up for use outside of phpbb. The examples show posting a new topic, a new sticky topic, a new announcement and a reply to a topic.
(de-stickified by AbelaJohnB)