There are a couple of rules you should be aware of when posting in the MOD Writers Discussion forum at phpbb.com.
The MOD Writers Discussion forum was setup as a place for modification authors to discuss with each other issues concerning development on their modifications.
What this means:
- Issues that may be discussed
- Difficulties in starting with phpBB modification authoring
- Issues arised with coding for phpBB
- Not general PHP questions
- Not questions on coding for scripts other than phpBB
- Programming concepts related to phpBB only
- Programming techniques related to phpBB only
- The modifications community at phpbb.com
- Everything else may not be discussed, including but not limited to:
- Obtaining support with a modification, find the topic for the MOD and post a reply there.
- MOD requests, they do not belong in this forum (they belong in the MOD Requests forum). If you have no intention of coding anything yourself, it is a MOD request.
- MOD releases, do not post whole MODs in this forum, they belong in the modifications database.
- MOD developmental releases, do not post whole MODs in this forum. Instead, for support purposes only, you are required to link to the developmental topic at phpbb.com only.
- Security issue notification, we have a Security Issue Tracker for this, please use it. We will notify the author after you have created a ticket.
Violations of these rules will be locked, and/or removed. Continued violations may be subject to a warning under the board-wide rules.
Posted: 2007-May-01 - smithy_dll