[BETA] Mods Manager - Released v0.5.4beta - 07/04/2004

This forum is now closed as part of retiring phpBB2.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

This forum is now closed due to phpBB2.0 being retired.
Luka-Kama

[BETA] Mods Manager - Released v0.5.4beta - 07/04/2004

Post by Luka-Kama »

MODS MANAGER
Working with "Easy Mod Compliant" Mods (from V. 0.3.0)

APP NAME: Mods Manager
APP AUTHOR: ME :D

APP DESCRIPTION:
The object of the program is to make much easyer the installation of the mods. For do this, it allow also to Uninstall mods, the hardest procedure to follow if someone want to upgrade an already installed mod.
It also make the Developer work much easyer, using the Edit feature of the program :D.

NOTE: Some mods (EMC) use a trimmed find code whit the replace tag (use portion of searched code instead the full line). My program CAN'T INSTALL and UNINSTALL this mods!!! IT can't Understand if a mod use trimmed code, but i suggest to don't use this type of mods with my program.

SITE URL: http://modsmanager.sourceforge.net/

Download Page: Here u can download Mods Manager and the Language Files

SECURITY DISCLAIMER:
BEFORE USE MY PROG, I SUGGEST TO BACKUP ALL FORUM FILES.
AND ALSO, BEFORE USE THE MODIFIED FILES, TEST IT ON A NON LIVE BOARD.

SUGGESTION:
NEVER INSTALL A MOD IF THERE ARE SOME ACTIONS ALREADY INSTALLED, IN THIS CASE, UNINSTALL IT BEFORE REINSTALL.
CHECK EVERY MOD FOR THE RIGHT TXT TEMPLATE FORMATTING (SEE LIST IN A POST BELOVE).
ALWAYS CHECK IF A MOD IS LOADED CORRECTLY (ALL ACTIONS MUST BE WRITED IN THE ACTION COLLUMN IN THE LIST).
FIX ALL INCORRECT FILES PATH BEFORE INSTALL A MOD.
BACKUP ALL FORUM'S FILES BEFORE INSTALL OR UNINSTALL A MOD ^^

FEATURES:
<*** WORKING ***>
  1. Pre Install/Uninstall Check
  2. Install/Uninstall
  3. Auto Search for Repleaced or Modded String by other Mods
  4. New/Load/Save/Import/Export
  5. Edit/Insert/Remove Actions
  6. Auto Make Modified File List While Export and Save
  7. Multy Language Support
  8. Pretty Default Graphics Interface (Icons & Menu')
  9. Auto Pre-Backup of Modified forum files.
  10. Copy modified file on an external directory, for upload they on the forum host. (U must activate this feature in Option->ForumDirectory)
  11. Simple way to upload modded file to the host via ftp using the program :D (U must activate the "Copy modified file on an external directory" feature)
  12. Automatically apply mod to all languages in the forum
  13. Automatically apply mod to all templates in the forum (Hum, it work only if the program can found the searched code string, in the template file)
  14. Copy files (using the [ COPY ] tag). SEE THE CODE LIST BELOVE FOR TEXT FORMATTING.
  15. Automatically copy files in all Languages and/or Templates installed :D.
  16. Possibility to Include Files making a mod with the program.
  17. Auto Making a file named "MMInstall.php" for install all sql code in "[ SQL ]" tag :D
  18. Support for EMC mods :D.
  19. Support for Trimmed Find code :D.
  20. Test if a mod is loaded correctly.
  21. Show Installation Progress and Check Progress.
  22. Multy Forums/ModDatabases Suport - (v. 0.4.0)
  23. Auto modify the Table prefix on SQL queries. - (v. 0.4.1)
  24. The Ability to install only Selected Action instead all mod. - (v. 0.4.6)
  25. A feature to install a single action whithout importing/make a new mod. - (v. 0.4.7)
  26. Auto New Version Checker. - (v. 0.4.10)
  27. Multy MODS Template Support - NEW (v. 0.5.0)
<*** NOT WORKING (to do) ***>
  1. Auto Make a file named "MMUninstall.php" to remove all sql entry that should be removed.
<*** REQUESTED ***>
  1. None :)
<*** REMOVED ***>
  1. AutoConvert Not Standard Template (request by Mods Team Admin)
  2. Skinnable Interface
  3. Auto Make Txt Mod, Comparing a "Non Modified Forum" to "Modified Forum"
Mod That can be used with the program:
THE PROG WORK ONLY WITH MODS THAT USE "STANDARD MOD TEMPLATE".
ALL MODS THAT USE A NON "STANDARD MOD TEMPLATE" WILL LOADED IN ERRONEOUS MANNER... AND INTALLING IT WILL CAN MAKE SOME DANMAGE TO THE FORUM FILES.
Ah.. the program work only whit Dos code txt. However, if it found a unix Code Mods, automatycally convert it in Dos Code :).

For the localizzation:
For localize the program, edit the file "Default.lng" in the "Lang" SubFolther in the Program Folder. Once u have edit the file, resave it like "Language_Name.lng", and then post a link to that file in this thread, so i can include the new localizzation in futures release of the program :D.

Forum's File:
The program require that the forum's files are coding in Unix Code (Default coding of phpbb's files). If the program found a file that use the Dos Code, it will reconvert and resave it in Unix Code.
The only difference is that, the Unix Code, use only the ascii code "10" (NewLine Char) for new line sign, but the Dos Code, use "13" (Return Char) and "10" (NewLine Char) ascii code.
An unix coded file isn't editable with notepad, but on internet exist a lot of program (also greater than notepad ;)) that can read this type of file.

... I think that i have say all... :D

Bye

PS: SOMEONE CAN STIKY THIS THREAD?? ^^
Last edited by Luka-Kama on Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 35 times in total.
AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB »

Hello.

First, thank you for the effort you are putting into this.

It is always nice to see the community getting behind the product!

Let me (as both a phpBB Group Member, and the MOD Leader) point out a couple of small issues for you to take into consideration.

They are, by no means, an attempt to get you to stop development of your app.

1) We do not use the term "hack" at phpBB. It implies a negativer term for most major corporations, and we here at phpBB do not want to alienate anybody. As a result, see this point as a formal request to discontinue using the term "hack" and to use the term "MOD".

2) Nuttzy, a fellow member of the phpBB Community, as been working on such a program, which I would encourage you to look at, before you get to far into your own app. You can find it in discussion at:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12926

3) In regards to:

language/lang_XXX/file_name

We are no longer accepting MOD's with XXX in them. All New MOD's submitted to us must have: lang_english This is because phpBB is officially released in English, as well as to solve problems such as you are having, withing EasyMOD.

4) It would be nice if you shared your code with the phpBB Community, once you get it somewhat stable. Following in line with the Open-Source of phpBB itself.

Ok, I think that is about it.

Again, please do not see this as a discouragement message, simply letting you know where I/we stand, within the phpBB Group/Community.

Later.
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

Tanks for the informations :)
I'm going to change the program name to... Boh... i tink it tomorrow ^^
For the code, its a "Windows Program" not a php prog :P.. however.. if someone request the program code i'm happy to share it. :)
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

I'm going to request the autorizzation to Nuttzy99 for using his Formatting code :P.
However the Pro of my prog is that i can Install and also Uninstall a Mod..
In plus it can also make automatically the txt.
Another Plus point is that whit my program is possible to modify the Mod :).
And during installaiton progress.. if the mod find a replaced string.. the program search the replaced string to find the exact location of serached string (i don't know if I can explayn it exactly... I am not so good in english ;)).
However.. now i see if i get the autorizzation.. if i don't get autorizzation... then i stop the developer :)

Bye and Tanks :D
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

I received the autorizzation for developer the software, but no to release it :P.
So i can't distribuite the program, but i'm going to port my progect from VB to VC++.

Bye :)
Savizzaviz

Post by Savizzaviz »

It sounds to me that you and Nuttzy could really help each other and even work together (unless that breaks the code of programmers :wink: ) to make a really nice and useful MOD that could even be implemented in a future phpBB and even other forum types in the future. Competition builds an economy; partnerships build comunities.

And I didn't even know that "Hack" was a bad word here. :)
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

Ehehe :)
The problem is that I don't know php language (only a little :P), and even i don't know how make Windows application with VC++ (for example how setting a caption for a button in "runtime").
However.. i still programming in VB code, and today i've added the "Database" feature.. tomorrow i going to add the "search repleaced string" feature.
I Have Changed the program name from "EasyHack" to "Mods Manager" :D (it's most appropriate ;)).

There is the list of currently feture:
---Finished---
  1. Install/uninstall (Working - Finished)
  2. Pre Install/Uninstall Test (Working - Finished)
  3. Database Manager (Working - Finished)
---Not Finished---
  1. Import/Export TXT Mods (Work only Import - Programming)
  2. Editing of Mods (Work But don't save the changes - Programming)
  3. Search Repleaced String (Programming)
  4. Auto TXT Mods Maker (Not Started)
  5. Import And Conversion Of Old Mods Scripting (Not Started)
  6. Skinnable Interface (Not Started)
NOTE: I have NOT used any code of EasyMod Hack, ALL code used in my program is come from MY MIND :D (I use only the same txt formatting used by EasyMod to make a standard "Scripting" language).
Savizzaviz

Post by Savizzaviz »

Wow... Sounds like you have a lot done and a very cool ha... I mean Mod. ;)

When do you think you will be releasing your alpha version? Or wont you? I, for one, would really like to test this hack and see how well it works. I don't know if I could be of much programming use (I know absolutely nothing :roll: ) but I can make a good test monkey. :D
nexialys

Post by nexialys »

humm... have i read the term Windows Program somewhere ?!... i hope nothing developped here is in that mind, or anything rinning configuration script is in need of any windows/unix/linux/mac program to be able to run...

you can use any html/php/cgi/perl script that can do the job, but please, inside your Apache/OtherWebServer installation, so everyone is happy, not only a part of the community.

-=nexia -- pro mac and pro everything that is running well!=-
-=nexia=-

i'm not god, i'm a nexialist... god is perfect.. i try to make it weak.
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

There is a ScreenShot :D
http://digilander.libero.it/lukakama/Image1.gif (~54 k)
The Last Installation Time not working (i fix tomorrow)
In the toolbar will going to be button to fast navigate betwen the windows.
In the status bar... boh.. i have only added it :)
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

nexialys:
Sorry, but i release this only for windows (After the autorizzation from Nuttzy...)... Mybay someone (OOPS, i wrote "someuno" [uno = one in italian] bwawbawab :D) can porting it to linux OS (The only problem was the GUI, for the rest is simply).. however, if you want a php installing mod script that run on a server u can use EasyMod :D.

Savizzaviz:
I haven't the permission to release the program (i need it from Nuttzy.. that for now don't wont to give it :()

PS: the Graphics of the app isn't so great (im' a programmer.. i'm absolutly negated for anyting that is "Graphics" :P). But i think that the Skinnable interface (if i can program it under VB, else someone can help me to make a great graphics :D) can solve this problem :)
Twins

Post by Twins »

i would like to know a fews things.

1. what is your release date.

2. will there be a installation to install this program.

3. will this mod install any mods we want.

4. how easy will this be able to use.

thank.
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

I want puntualize a things:
"Pre Install/Uninstall Test" mean that the program search the "Find" text and say if it have Found or not this text before applyng the mod... Not that u can Test the Mod in an Internet Explorer Window whitout modify the Forum's files...However, if u want to test the applyed mod, u can install the mod, test it an then uninstall it :).
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

Twins wrote: i would like to know a fews things.

1. what is your release date.

2. will there be a installation to install this program.

3. will this mod install any mods we want.

4. how easy will this be able to use.

thank.

1. Boh :\... When i received the autorizzation from Nuttzy...

2. Yes.. i use the Microsoft MSI Installer Wizard

3. The mod (really its' a Program.. non a Mod), Will install all Mod that use "EasyMod" Scripting Language.

4. Humm.. only a good BetaTest of program can say that.. However.. I try to make it Simply as possible :).

Bye
Luka-Kama

Post by Luka-Kama »

Ok.. I've made a working Alpha... i'm still waiting the autorizzation from Nuttzy (However i think that, without using his php code, I don't need the autorizzation...).
Changes:

NOTE: ALL TAGS CAN CHANGE IN ACCORDING TO THE STANDARD MOD TEMPLATE!

UPDATED!!! 30/08/2002

FOR SQL:
Standar: (the sql queryes are taken by Flags Mod byNuttzy)

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ SQL ]------------------------------------------
#
ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_from_flag varchar(25) NULL AFTER user_from;
CREATE TABLE phpbb_flags (flag_id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, flag_name varchar(25), flag_image varchar(25), PRIMARY KEY (flag_id));
INSERT INTO phpbb_flags (flag_id, flag_name, flag_image) VALUES ('','usa','usa.gif');
INSERT INTO phpbb_flags (flag_id, flag_name, flag_image) VALUES ('','afghanistan','afghanistan.gif');
INSERT INTO phpbb_flags (flag_id, flag_name, flag_image) VALUES ('','albania','albania.gif');
INSERT INTO phpbb_flags (flag_id, flag_name, flag_image) VALUES ('','algeria','algeria.gif');
INSERT INTO phpbb_flags (flag_id, flag_name, flag_image) VALUES ('','andorra','andorra.gif');

Note: the query MUST finish with an ";"

FOR COPY:
Standar:

#
#-----[ COPY ]------------------------------------------
#
copy statistics.php TO statistics.php
copy language/lang_english/lang_test.php TO language/lang_english/lang_test.php
copy test.tpl TO templates/subSilver/test.tpl
copy image.gif TO images/image.gif
copy images/image2.gif TO images/image2.gif

FOR OPEN:
Standar:

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
index.php 

FOR FIND:
Standard:

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
Code Here 

Standard:

# 
# 
Multy line find here

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
In-Line Find here

FOR ADD AFTER:
Standard:

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
Code Here 

FOR ADD BEFORE
Standard:

# 
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
Code Here 

FOR ADD INLINE AFTER
Standard:

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
Code Here 

FOR ADD INLINE BEFORE
Standard:

# 
#-----[ IN-LINE BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
Code Here 

FOR REPLACE
Standard:

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
Code Here 

For trimmed code:
Use this:

# 
# 
$sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE 
SET 
WHERE 
Is equal to use:

# 
# 
         $sql = "UPDATE " . USERS_TABLE . " 
            SET " . $username_sql . $passwd_sql . "user_email = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) ."', user_icq = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', user_website = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', user_occ = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', user_from = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_sig = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '$signature_bbcode_uid', user_viewemail = $viewemail, user_aim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", str_replace(' ', '+', $aim)) . "', user_yim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', user_attachsig = $attachsig, user_allowsmile = $allowsmilies, user_allowhtml = $allowhtml, user_allowbbcode = $allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline = $allowviewonline, user_notify = $notifyreply, user_notify_pm = $notifypm, user_popup_pm = $popuppm, user_timezone = $user_timezone, user_dateformat = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', user_lang = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', user_style = $user_style, user_active = $user_active, user_actkey = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_actkey) . "'" . $avatar_sql . " 
            WHERE user_id = $user_id"; 
Bye
Last edited by Luka-Kama on Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Writers Discussion”