Working with "Easy Mod Compliant" Mods (from V. 0.3.0)
APP NAME: Mods Manager
APP AUTHOR: ME
The object of the program is to make much easyer the installation of the mods. For do this, it allow also to Uninstall mods, the hardest procedure to follow if someone want to upgrade an already installed mod.
It also make the Developer work much easyer, using the Edit feature of the program .
NOTE: Some mods (EMC) use a trimmed find code whit the replace tag (use portion of searched code instead the full line). My program CAN'T INSTALL and UNINSTALL this mods!!! IT can't Understand if a mod use trimmed code, but i suggest to don't use this type of mods with my program.
SITE URL: http://modsmanager.sourceforge.net/
Download Page: Here u can download Mods Manager and the Language Files
BEFORE USE MY PROG, I SUGGEST TO BACKUP ALL FORUM FILES.
AND ALSO, BEFORE USE THE MODIFIED FILES, TEST IT ON A NON LIVE BOARD.
NEVER INSTALL A MOD IF THERE ARE SOME ACTIONS ALREADY INSTALLED, IN THIS CASE, UNINSTALL IT BEFORE REINSTALL.
CHECK EVERY MOD FOR THE RIGHT TXT TEMPLATE FORMATTING (SEE LIST IN A POST BELOVE).
ALWAYS CHECK IF A MOD IS LOADED CORRECTLY (ALL ACTIONS MUST BE WRITED IN THE ACTION COLLUMN IN THE LIST).
FIX ALL INCORRECT FILES PATH BEFORE INSTALL A MOD.
BACKUP ALL FORUM'S FILES BEFORE INSTALL OR UNINSTALL A MOD ^^
<*** WORKING ***>
- Pre Install/Uninstall Check
- Auto Search for Repleaced or Modded String by other Mods
- Edit/Insert/Remove Actions
- Auto Make Modified File List While Export and Save
- Multy Language Support
- Pretty Default Graphics Interface (Icons & Menu')
- Auto Pre-Backup of Modified forum files.
- Copy modified file on an external directory, for upload they on the forum host. (U must activate this feature in Option->ForumDirectory)
- Simple way to upload modded file to the host via ftp using the program (U must activate the "Copy modified file on an external directory" feature)
- Automatically apply mod to all languages in the forum
- Automatically apply mod to all templates in the forum (Hum, it work only if the program can found the searched code string, in the template file)
- Copy files (using the [ COPY ] tag). SEE THE CODE LIST BELOVE FOR TEXT FORMATTING.
- Automatically copy files in all Languages and/or Templates installed .
- Possibility to Include Files making a mod with the program.
- Auto Making a file named "MMInstall.php" for install all sql code in "[ SQL ]" tag
- Support for EMC mods .
- Support for Trimmed Find code .
- Test if a mod is loaded correctly.
- Show Installation Progress and Check Progress.
- Multy Forums/ModDatabases Suport - (v. 0.4.0)
- Auto modify the Table prefix on SQL queries. - (v. 0.4.1)
- The Ability to install only Selected Action instead all mod. - (v. 0.4.6)
- A feature to install a single action whithout importing/make a new mod. - (v. 0.4.7)
- Auto New Version Checker. - (v. 0.4.10)
- Multy MODS Template Support - NEW (v. 0.5.0)
- Auto Make a file named "MMUninstall.php" to remove all sql entry that should be removed.
- AutoConvert Not Standard Template (request by Mods Team Admin)
- Skinnable Interface
- Auto Make Txt Mod, Comparing a "Non Modified Forum" to "Modified Forum"
THE PROG WORK ONLY WITH MODS THAT USE "STANDARD MOD TEMPLATE".
ALL MODS THAT USE A NON "STANDARD MOD TEMPLATE" WILL LOADED IN ERRONEOUS MANNER... AND INTALLING IT WILL CAN MAKE SOME DANMAGE TO THE FORUM FILES.
Ah.. the program work only whit Dos code txt. However, if it found a unix Code Mods, automatycally convert it in Dos Code .
For the localizzation:
For localize the program, edit the file "Default.lng" in the "Lang" SubFolther in the Program Folder. Once u have edit the file, resave it like "Language_Name.lng", and then post a link to that file in this thread, so i can include the new localizzation in futures release of the program .
The program require that the forum's files are coding in Unix Code (Default coding of phpbb's files). If the program found a file that use the Dos Code, it will reconvert and resave it in Unix Code.
The only difference is that, the Unix Code, use only the ascii code "10" (NewLine Char) for new line sign, but the Dos Code, use "13" (Return Char) and "10" (NewLine Char) ascii code.
An unix coded file isn't editable with notepad, but on internet exist a lot of program (also greater than notepad ) that can read this type of file.
... I think that i have say all...
PS: SOMEONE CAN STIKY THIS THREAD?? ^^