[ABD] Backup Scheduler

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
rc31

Re: [RC] Backup Scheduler

Post by rc31 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:45 am

also this
There has been a problem with the temporary lock file which is stopping the schedules from running. To resolve this issue click the button below.

ttuu

Post by ttuu » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:42 pm

You can add a function to send the backup file to e-mail?

robdocmagic

Post by robdocmagic » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 am

Just out of curiosity, how does the backup know when to run? In other words, I don't believe I added anything to CRON on my system that would call any scripts to cause the backup to run (if its ready to run based on the settings).

thanks.

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:03 am

robdocmagic wrote:Just out of curiosity, how does the backup know when to run? In other words, I don't believe I added anything to CRON on my system that would call any scripts to cause the backup to run (if its ready to run based on the settings).

thanks.
The backup runs based on visitation by someone. So say you have a backup scheduled daily at 7pm. If no one visits the website for some time after 7pm say...4am...that's when it will run. It uses phpBB's CRON system if I remember correctly.

robdocmagic

Post by robdocmagic » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 am

SAFFLEUR wrote:
robdocmagic wrote:Just out of curiosity, how does the backup know when to run? In other words, I don't believe I added anything to CRON on my system that would call any scripts to cause the backup to run (if its ready to run based on the settings).

thanks.
The backup runs based on visitation by someone. So say you have a backup scheduled daily at 7pm. If no one visits the website for some time after 7pm say...4am...that's when it will run. It uses phpBB's CRON system if I remember correctly.
Thanks... Is there a way to run it with a real cron like I do with the mail digests? For example, it runs the script every hour and if a backup is due it runs it.... ?

I guess one could argue that if no one visits the site, there is nothing to backup .. :D

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:42 am

robdocmagic wrote: Thanks... Is there a way to run it with a real cron like I do with the mail digests? For example, it runs the script every hour and if a backup is due it runs it.... ?

I guess one could argue that if no one visits the site, there is nothing to backup .. :D
Not sure to be honest but I guess maybe you could write something like your own bot that pings the site once a day around whatever time?

Jemme

Post by Jemme » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:35 am

After installing the MOD I get this error when accessing the backup scheduler from the maintenance tab.
Any idea what I did wrong?

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_backup_scheduler.php on line 366: Undefined index: backup_post_count

robdocmagic

Post by robdocmagic » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi,

I have this mod installed and everything seems to be working great. The backup worked and it FTP'ed a file to my remote location.

However, I am trying to simulate a system recovery from the FTP'ed file. The file name is: Daily_Back_040309_074402.sql.gz

I was assuming that I can copy this file to the /store directory and then use the Restore function from the ACP. However, it does not seem to recognize the file and does not list it as an option to restore (it does not list anything since this is the only file in the /store).

Can someone let me know how I would use this file on my FTP site to restore the system?

Thanks!!

-Rob

GileZ

Post by GileZ » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:34 pm

You have to restore it with the backup scheduler restore function rather than the general phpBB3 one. Try restoring it by deleting any more recent backups of that type and click "Restore previous backup" on that backup.

RROB

Post by RROB » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:54 am

I translated the resourse file in Italian language.
You can find a copy here:
http://www.phpbb.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=18596

Tested on phpBB 3.0.4

Ciao
Roberto
Roberto Restelli
Microsoft MVP - Office Systems - Outlook
FAQ on Microsoft Outlook in Italian language:
http://www.msoutlook.it

SzaboZE

Post by SzaboZE » Fri May 15, 2009 8:58 am

Hi All!

I use this MOD since 2008 October, and worked excellent. I translated to hungarian, if anybody need it, write me a mail!

However in last week I discovered the lock file problem, that posted some users to here. I clicked to deleting lock file, file is deleted, but if I tried to make an another backup ( click on the + ) became a php error text:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 10 seconds exceeded in /var/www/vhosts/mazdaklub.hu/httpdocs/forums/includes/acp/acp_database.php on line 574

And next the scheduler write me the lock file problem on ACP. I tried more time, the error is still, but the line numbers are different. (607, 557, 705 etc...) I deleted cache directory, the problem is still. Tried make backup with the phpBB, was successfull. Only the backup scheduler stopped it. I tried deleting the job, maked a new, but not worked. Can anybody help for me?

Many thanks,
szaboze

fasko

Post by fasko » Sun May 17, 2009 10:02 pm

Plees help

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 5 seconds exceeded in /domains1/ws702400/public/www_root/includes/acp/acp_database.php on line 2262
Sorry for my english

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow » Sun May 17, 2009 10:06 pm

fasko wrote:Plees help

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 5 seconds exceeded in /domains1/ws702400/public/www_root/includes/acp/acp_database.php on line 2262
Ask your web host if they allow extending the maximum execution time for PHP scripts.
Moof!
Mac GUI Vault: Retro Apple II & Macintosh computing archive.
Inside Allerton bookMac GUIMac 512K Blog

fasko

Post by fasko » Sun May 17, 2009 10:11 pm

Dog Cow wrote: Ask your web host if they allow extending the maximum execution time for PHP scripts.
OK Thank you
Sorry for my english

mickeyr

Post by mickeyr » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:53 pm

I would like to keep the backups under a different folder name within the STORE folder.

ie. STORE/SCHED_BACKUP

Is there a way?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”