[ABD] Wall

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
green ticks

Re: [BETA] Wall

Post by green ticks »

I like this idea, but Don't like the part, that it's a WALL.
and that you can't pm's for wall comments.

It's stupid to name it wall.
:| I would get it, but w/o the wall and maybe just comments area. and no pm for new comments.
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

green ticks wrote:I like this idea, but Don't like the part, that it's a WALL.

:| I would get it, but w/o the wall and maybe just comments area. and no pm for new comments.
You know, you can always just edit the language file and name it whatever you want.
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

green ticks

Post by green ticks »

Gleasonator wrote:

You know, you can always just edit the language file and name it whatever you want.
True, if I don't find a better mod i'll get yours and wait till it's in a final stage and not BETA.
Marioverehrer

Post by Marioverehrer »

Very good MOD. I will wait for a version which supports subsilver2.
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

green ticks wrote:
Gleasonator wrote:

True, if I don't find a better mod i'll get yours and wait till it's in a final stage and not BETA.
Woah, since when am I credited with being the author of this mod?

I just think it's rude to criticize code that someone worked hard to provide to you for free. If you don't like it, you can pick up a PHP book and figure out how to make one yourself.

It's one thing if you provide ideas, but it's another thing to call the author's ideas "stupid" and write to him that you'll only use it if you "can't find a better mod." That's just rude.
gleason|design

darkonia

Post by darkonia »

when you make a subsilver2 version of this fine mod?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
CoffeeOD

Post by CoffeeOD »

Very good mod, tho I got one problem with it and hope to get answer, before that few comments.

1. "About stupid walL", like one said already, you can easily renamed it to "comments" or something, few lines, nothing major.

2. I got it working with subsilver based template, nothing major had to be done, just edited it to fit my theme.

Ok, to my problem now.

When I click "submit" it goes to memberlist.php?mode=group always, and doenst leave a comment which I wrote. I Removed <fieldset> -code from styles and it was fine, got it working and posted comments, suddenly it started going wrong.

I tried to upload every files in mod over again, but no luck.
green ticks

Post by green ticks »

Gleasonator wrote:
green ticks wrote:
Gleasonator wrote:

Woah, since when am I credited with being the author of this mod?

I just think it's rude to criticize code that someone worked hard to provide to you for free. If you don't like it, you can pick up a PHP book and figure out how to make one yourself.

It's one thing if you provide ideas, but it's another thing to call the author's ideas "stupid" and write to him that you'll only use it if you "can't find a better mod." That's just rude.
Well, you just seemed to be the author (pretending to know everything)
and um by, looking around for a better mod, that's not rude.. and it's not rude for me to say, that if I don't find a better mod, than I'll get this mod, and tweak it a bit.
I'm just saying if I find a mod that I truly think is 'better' than this mod, than I'll get it.
Freedom of speech, and I wasn't being rude, I just think there are better mods out there like this, maybe not on these forums but elsewhere..
And it wouldn't be rude to you because your not the author.. so maybe you could back-off.
The author didn't think I was too rude, or else there would probably be some PM @ me telling me to shut-up..
But there is none.. so please let the author choose who's rude about whatever I'm saying about his mod.
Last edited by green ticks on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
green ticks

Post by green ticks »

@ black001,
Could I suggest you make all the features of "Wall" To be modified, via ACP?

Thanks.. :roll:
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

I don't know everything. I was just trying to be helpful by providing the information that I do know.

As for freedom of speech, I have it too, and therefore have the right to voice my opinion about you voicing your opinion. Also, if you'll notice, the mod author last visited on the 18th, two days before you made your post. So even if he were to be immature and target you with a PM, he couldn't have because he hasn't been logged on to do so.

I will "back off" as you say (which I find funny, seeing as how this is the internet and if I were to not back off you wouldn't be able to do anything to me), as arguing with someone who I'm not likely to ever meet my entire life isn't worth my effort.

So in conclusion, I apologize to the phpBB Community for this thread hijack. I officially mark this end of flame-"battle", and will no longer respond to green ticks in this thread.
gleason|design

NeoID

Post by NeoID »

A great mod, but I have the same problem as Kharon. I've added the module that allows users choose if they want to be notified upon new messages or not, but I can't find the setting that allows them to choose the access level...
Kharon wrote: where is Permission Roles UCP?

'UCP_WALL_ACCESS0' => 'Anyone except my foes',
'UCP_WALL_ACCESS1' => 'Only my friends',
'UCP_WALL_ACCESS2' => 'Nobody',
Second question, being an admin I can see deleted posts... is there a way for me to delete it completely?
Norsk Anime Forum
http://www.AnimeNord.com
bill.marcy

Post by bill.marcy »

my registered users get this message "You cannot post comments on this wall. This wall is empty."

Anyone know what I did wrong?
Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator »

bill.marcy wrote:my registered users get this message "You cannot post comments on this wall. This wall is empty."

Yes. You need to enable registered users to post comments on walls via the ACP permissions. :)
gleason|design

Kharon

Post by Kharon »

where is mod author ?..
when update this mod ? ..
bill.marcy

Post by bill.marcy »

Gleasonator wrote:
bill.marcy wrote:my registered users get this message "You cannot post comments on this wall. This wall is empty."

Yes. You need to enable registered users to post comments on walls via the ACP permissions. :)
Hmmm, spent an hour going over each permission group, and everyone is enabled, and I still get that message.

Anything else?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”