[ABD] Wall

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Mudjosh

Re: [BETA] Wall

Post by Mudjosh »

Is there plans to let bbcode parse on the Wall?
focus_water

Post by focus_water »

For anyone that wants to know how to add avatars this is how you do it.

open memberlist.php

find

Code: Select all

//				'POSTER_AVATAR'
remove the // at the start

open memberlist_view.php and search for

<dl class="postprofile" style="min-height: 50px">
add under

<dt>{wallrow.POSTER_AVATAR}</dt>

If you want to change the amount of days a user has to be offline before you cant post on there wall.
open memebrlist.php and search for

define('WALL_ACTIVE_DAYS', 30);
Change 30 to any number you want. If you want to pretty much get rid of that feature the easiest thing to do would be to change the 30 to 9999999
Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

I am having a couple of small problems with this great mod which doesn't really affect anything but is strange nonetheless.

One: If I try to delete a normal topic post, the confirmation that I get before choosing yes or no is: "Are you sure you want to delete this wall comment?"

Has anyone experienced this problem and can it be corrected to say "Are you sure you want to delete this topic" or whatever it used to say?

Two: If I try to delete a comment and then decide not too by clicking "NO" the following error pops up:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /wall.php on line 147: Undefined variable: success
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 1951: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2994)

If I click yes the post is removed no problem.

And finally what is the status of this mod in terms of further development? One great feature would be for a feed to be created that would show what other people are posting to users walls. Or if you could subscribe to someones wall so that if a post is made you would be informed about it.

Thanks for any help with my problem...
Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh »

"Are you sure you want to delete this wall comment?"
I noticed this as well. But I wasn't very worried about it as I'm the only one who usually deletes topics.. :P

It would still be a very nice thing to fix though.

And the ability to use BBcodes would be extremely nice.. Plus the suggestions that Lucian had..
Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

I've come across a couple more bugs, hopefully someone has a work around?

I tried to write to a new member who just signed up and is properly registered but has not made any posts. I'm getting the dreaded message: "You cannot post comments on this wall. This wall is empty". ???? Why should this happen??

I checked all permissions and refreshed all templates, themes and purged the cache. No change...

I then thought I would increase the inactive period from 30 days to 365 as I thought I would post something on a members wall who has been inactive for a couple of months. Before changing the number of days it would not let me post as would be expected. Now however the ability to post is there but when I click on submit it just appears to refresh the page and nothing gets written or saved....

I would particularly like to fix the new member problem. Other than that the Wall seems to be working fine.

Edit: I created a new user, logged in and I could not post to my own wall. As the admin I could also not post to the new user wall either. This sucks because it appears that all new users are not getting the required permissions...
Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

Has anyone heard from the author of this mod? I see that he has not logged in since September 21st and wonder if he has abandoned the project? Does anyone know of any other forum where this mod is discussed? It would be a shame to let this die and maybe someone can take over the development...
Lucian_rider

Post by Lucian_rider »

focus_water wrote: If you want to change the amount of days a user has to be offline before you cant post on there wall.
open memebrlist.php and search for

Change 30 to any number you want. If you want to pretty much get rid of that feature the easiest thing to do would be to change the 30 to 9999999
I tried this and it did not work, so I had a look at the /root/wall.php file and found a repeat:

I made sure that both numbers of days were the same and then it worked.
focus_water

Post by focus_water »

there appears to be a bug. Im not sure if this is happening to everyone else but it is happening on my forum. i noticed that on random accounts you couldn't post on users wall despite having the correct permissions. here is a fix that worked for me.

open wall.php
find

$wall_active = ((($current_time - $user_lastvisit) / (60 * 60 * 24)) < WALL_ACTIVE_DAYS);
change to

$wall_active = 1;
open memberlist.php
find

$wall_active = ((($current_time - $user_lastvisit) / (60 * 60 * 24)) < WALL_ACTIVE_DAYS);
change to

$wall_active = 1;
clear your cache
Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh »

I really wish the Author would post.. Just to know he is still alive.. :(
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

nice edits focus, thx
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
focus_water

Post by focus_water »

If you delete a comment you will get a message saying
Are you sure you want to delete this wall comment?
You will actually get this message when deleting something on the forum too. Here is what you have to do to fix this

open languages/en/mods/wall.php
find

DELETE_POST_CONFIRM
change to

DELETE_WALL_POST_CONFIRM
open wall.php
find

DELETE_POST_CONFIRM
change to

DELETE_WALL_POST_CONFIRM
sedaniel

Post by sedaniel »

I read through all the pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer to my problem, apparently a couple of other people have had similar problems. I installed this mod (tried it twice, just in case I missed something or made a mistake the first time). I have set all the permissions to Yes for wall posting, and still all my members are seeing the "You cannot post comments on this wall." text. Does anyone know how to fix this, or what I might have done wrong? I double checked my permissions already, but will go through them again.
azzam

Post by azzam »

i am not getting wall preferences in ucp ..

Please tell me how to solve this i already done all edits and upload all files in exact place.
Azzam Malik
I love mods :)
azzam

Post by azzam »

sedaniel wrote:I read through all the pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer to my problem, apparently a couple of other people have had similar problems. I installed this mod (tried it twice, just in case I missed something or made a mistake the first time). I have set all the permissions to Yes for wall posting, and still all my members are seeing the "You cannot post comments on this wall." text. Does anyone know how to fix this, or what I might have done wrong? I double checked my permissions already, but will go through them again.
After updating to the latest version i also get this message.

But this isn't any thing serious just upload a new memberlist.php file and the add the wall mod code to the memberlist.php page.And it will work.

I am also the noob but i already get this error :)
Azzam Malik
I love mods :)
black001

Post by black001 »

Hey guys, sorry for dissappearing :(

I intend to continue maintaining this MOD and take it out of BETA, but I've been real busy with work. I'll get a new version out sometime between now and February with bug fixes, an anti-flood feature to prevent wall spam (that's been an occasional problem on my board), and possibly BBCode support if it's not too much work ;)

Untill then, I encourage you to share any fixes, patches and improvements here, so I can include them in the update.

Thanks for your patience!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”