[ABD] Custom Rank Titles 1.0.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Stitch625

[ABD] Custom Rank Titles 1.0.2

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:18 am

MOD Title: Custom_Rank_Title
MOD Author: stitch626

Author Notes:
Well here is my second mod besides my many tutorials listed at startrekguide.com
--I would like to thank Sniper_E in his tutorial lessons with Custom Profile fields and utilizing the IF
statements.
--A special thanks to mtrs for providing the prosilver edits for this mod.

MOD Description: This mod allows your users to choose a custom Rank title in their choice of color utilizing custom profile fields. This will replace the default rank that is defined in the ACP by the admin. The really nice feature about this mod is that it utilizes custom profile fields so that that there is no coding of the core code.

-Mod can be configured from the ACP to allow the custom rank to only show after X number of posts.
-Users can configure thier Custom Rank Title in the UCP
-Users can change the color of thier Custom Rank Title in the UCP.
-Custom profile fields will only show to the user when they have reached X posts.
-Custom Rank will be dislayed on viewtopic pages memberlist and in users profile.
MOD Version: 1.1.1 Beta
MOD Status: Beta

Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.7
Released: 21 Jun 2008

Installation Level: easy
Installation Time: ~ 10-15 Minutes

Demo Board
Mod Format: ModX

Download: Download

Credits:
--I would like to thank Sniper_E in his tutorial lessons with Custom Profile fields and utilizing the IF
statements.
--A special thanks to mtrs for providing the prosilver edits for this mod.

NOTE: IMPORTANT Please be sure to read the README file included with this mod. It contains important instructions.

Screen Shots:
User Profile
Viewtopic
Viewtopic
Memberlist
Memberlist
ACP
ACP
UCP
UCP
Last edited by Stitch625 on Sat May 22, 2010 5:02 am, edited 14 times in total.

ihermit

Re: Custom Rank Titles

Post by ihermit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:42 am

Great mod! However, this is the third one released, what's special about yours? :)

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:55 am

ihermit wrote:Great mod! However, this is the third one released, what's special about yours? :)
I wasn't aware that there were three released. Anyway I am not claiming this mod is any better> all I am claiming is that this mod accomplishes almost just as much as some other I have seen. I have seen some that edits like 15 files including some core code requires at least 30 minutes to install and requires a DB update which is fine but many intermediate user will find it difficult to install.

My mod only edits only One file {Template file) No core code and requires NO db update. Can be installed in 5 minutes. A lot less chance of error happening during install and much easier to debug if someone has a problem.

Very clean and simple. ;)

EDIT: As of 7/14/08 The above statement is no longer true. I have totally re-written this mod adding more options and functionality. This is a major improvement though. 8-)
Last edited by Stitch625 on Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

ihermit

Post by ihermit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:03 am

Stitch625 wrote:
ihermit wrote:Great mod! However, this is the third one released, what's special about yours? :)
I wasn't aware that there were three released. Anyway I am not claiming this mod is any better> all I am claiming is that this mod accomplishes almost just as much as another one I have seen that edits 15 files icluding some core code requires at least 30 minutes to install and requires a DB update.

My mod only edits only One file {Template file) No core code and requires NO db update. Can be installed in 5 minutes. A lot less chance of error happening during install and much easier to debug if someone has a problem.

Very clean and simple. ;)
In that case, I'm all for it!
One request, how can we make it so that users can only see the custom title field if the have x posts?

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:14 am

Have you read the REAME file. This is all explained in there, However if you still have any quetions pleas feel free to chomp at the ;) bit.

ihermit

Post by ihermit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:42 am

Stitch625 wrote:Have you read the REAME file. This is all explained in there, However if you still have any quetions pleas feel free to chomp at the ;) bit.
Sorry about that, I haven't gotten around to downloading it yet. I just wanted to know if it was possible 8-)
Thanks!

mtrs

Post by mtrs » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:47 am

This mod only have instructions for subsilver style.. Is it the same for prosilver?
I abandoned all of my mods.

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:16 am

can this mod be configured to be used as an 'extra' rank title? ie, so that users can make up their own 'title' that doesnt make a difference to permissions yet still have the one set within the forum?

ihermit

Post by ihermit » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:08 am

mtrs wrote:This mod only have instructions for subsilver style.. Is it the same for prosilver?
Most likely, you should be able to figure it out using partial finds.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:03 pm

rcnutterz wrote:can this mod be configured to be used as an 'extra' rank title? ie, so that users can make up their own 'title' that doesnt make a difference to permissions yet still have the one set within the forum?
If I am understanding your question: Are you wanting to show both the Default rank title as well as the custom rank>
mtrs wrote:This mod only have instructions for subsilver style.. Is it the same for prosilver?
Thanks for asking that question because I forgot to mention in the install instructions that the edits are identicle for Prosilver. ;)

UPDATE: I made a slight typo in the install instructions.
This line of code:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "custom rank" -->
Should be this instead:

<!-- IF postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "Custom Rank" -->
I will update the install file later. I am at work right now and don't have FTP access to upload the file.

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Stitch625 wrote:
rcnutterz wrote:can this mod be configured to be used as an 'extra' rank title? ie, so that users can make up their own 'title' that doesnt make a difference to permissions yet still have the one set within the forum?
If I am understanding your question: Are you wanting to show both the Default rank title as well as the custom rank>
yes. thats right. can it be done? *crosses fingers*

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:50 pm

It could be done quite easliy. You would have to modify the code though. Do you want both rank titles above the users avatar? or would you want one of them under the users avatar?

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:20 pm

Stitch625 wrote:It could be done quite easliy. You would have to modify the code though. Do you want both rank titles above the users avatar? or would you want one of them under the users avatar?
i think i would have them both above the users avatar. is there any limit to how many characters can be used? as obviously you wouldnt want a 16 page essay as rank title ;)

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:29 am

Hey rc try this. Please make sure you back up your viewtpic_body.html file. I haven't tested this but I am 99% sure this will work.

<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_CUSTOM_RANK and postrow.POSTER_POSTS > "99" -->
            <!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
               <!-- IF postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "Custom Rank" -->
                  <tr>
                     <td class="postdetails"{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</td>
                  </tr>
               <!-- ENDIF -->
            <!-- END custom_fields -->

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE -->
               <tr>
                  <td class="postdetails"{postrow.RANK_TITLE}</strong></td>
               </tr>
            <!-- ENDIF -->
         <!-- ENDIF -->
As for how many characters, that is entirely up to you. You define how many characters you want to allow when you create your custom profile field.

rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:19 am

thanks very much stitch. will give it a go later on. :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”