[ABD] Custom Rank Titles 1.0.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jmjm003

Re: [Beta] Custom Rank Titles 1.0.1

Post by jmjm003 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:36 pm

Currently using the edits you posted. They work great.

My problem as the picture shows is that the custom rank is not under the avatar as it should be. It's the boards default. It's nothing major, I would just like for it to remain the same as the topics.

.:: Chico ::.

Re: Custom Rank Titles 1.0.1 Beta

Post by .:: Chico ::. » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Stitch625 wrote: I am not sure what you are asking here.
Your MOD REPLACE a rank, i suggested to ADD the custom rank.

mtrs

Re: Custom Rank Titles

Post by mtrs » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:22 pm

You can keep default rank this way and show the custom one as well.
Open
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html
Find

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE -->             
              <dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}          
     <!-- ENDIF -->
     <!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_CUSTOM_RANK and postrow.POSTER_POSTS > "99" -->
           <!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
             <!-- IF postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "Custom Rank"  -->    
                  <dd>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}                  
               <!-- ENDIF -->
             <!-- END custom_fields -->
       <!-- ENDIF -->
      <!-- IF postrow.RANK_IMG --><br />{postrow.RANK_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
I abandoned all of my mods.

Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:07 pm

Hi, I'm the author of the Custom Title MOD, which is (I admit) awfully complicated to install. A good idea, using a custom profile field. I thought about it, but in many ways, it was easier to directly port my earlier version for phpBB 2.0.x.

I suppose I'll continue to update mine for the time being, but I think I'll point people to yours as an alternative. (I'm not sure if the features match point-by-point, but yours definitely wins in the ease of install category!)

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:57 am

New update. Version 1.0.2
Revised a bit of the code to conform more to standards and added prosilver instructions.

.:: Chico ::. wrote:
Stitch625 wrote: I am not sure what you are asking here.
Your MOD REPLACE a rank, i suggested to ADD the custom rank.
You mean show both ranks? I think I posted some code in some earlier posts for someone who requested this. Anyway the intent of this mod is to replace the rank title with whatever the user chooses. ;)
Aexoden wrote:Hi, I'm the author of the Custom Title MOD, which is (I admit) awfully complicated to install. A good idea, using a custom profile field. I thought about it, but in many ways, it was easier to directly port my earlier version for phpBB 2.0.x.

I suppose I'll continue to update mine for the time being, but I think I'll point people to yours as an alternative. (I'm not sure if the features match point-by-point, but yours definitely wins in the ease of install category!)
Hi Aexoden,
Thank you for your commnets. :)
It's amazing what you can do with the custom profile fields. I have created a few more mods using custom profiles for my own board that my members are having a ball with. 8-)

Anyway, It's always nice to have more than one version of a mod IMO. I like the idea of the permissions settings in your mod. It provides versatility. With more than one version of a mod available people have the choice of choosing a mod depending on their modding skills level or if they require the one with more options.

I had to stick with something simple because my php skills are limited. :oops:

mtrs

Re: [Beta] Custom Rank Titles 1.0.2

Post by mtrs » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Aexoden, thank you for your custom title mod, I tried to install it 2 months ago. It was a challenge for me as a newbie. I checked 3 times the myriad file edits, then achieved to make it work eventually.. :)
But seeing this mode how simple, I suggested some friends, so learnt a bit more while trying to install..

Stitch625, I have a suggestion.
You can hide this Custom Rank title entry at UCP, for the users who are not eligible to use, so they shall not see that field.
Also, this way you can remove ' postrow.POSTER_POSTS > "99" ' check from viewtopic.html file. By this way, everyone can use Custom Rank Title but can only change it after certain number of posts. I mean the admin can assign custom ranks at ACP if desired.

I provide the edits need for this suggestion..

Open
includes/functions.php
Find

'S_USERNAME'			=> $user->data['username'],
Add after

'S_USER_CUSTOM_RANK'    => ($user->data['user_posts'] < 100) ? true : false,
Open
styles/prosilver/template/ucp_profile_profile_info.html
Find

<!-- BEGIN profile_fields -->
Add after

<!-- IF S_USER_CUSTOM_RANK and profile_fields.LANG_NAME == "Custom Rank" --> 
    <input type="hidden">
    <!-- ELSE -->
Find

<!-- END profile_fields -->
Add before

<!-- ENDIF -->

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:42 am

mtrs,

That is pretty sweet. I think I like that but I also like the way I have it set up because you can choose to show the custom profile field on registration and allow the user to still fill it out but he/she will know that it won't take affect till after X amount of posts as long as ypou fill out a description. IMO this gives the user a goal to reach, an incentive to post more if you will. ;)

windstarfire

Post by windstarfire » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:01 am

Hey

Thanks for the cool mod, it seems the simpler one out of the similar custom rank mods

I would like to ask the question on:
If I install this mod, is it possible so that only the admin can change the custom rank of a user? I'm planning on installing it and granting certain users such as VIPS or users who have 'won' the right for a custom rank. I'd like to be able to fill out this custom rank via the admin panel.

Also, is bbcode/html supported for the custom rank? like colours etc...

Cheers

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 am

windstarfire wrote:Hey

Thanks for the cool mod, it seems the simpler one out of the similar custom rank mods

I would like to ask the question on:
If I install this mod, is it possible so that only the admin can change the custom rank of a user? I'm planning on installing it and granting certain users such as VIPS or users who have 'won' the right for a custom rank. I'd like to be able to fill out this custom rank via the admin panel.

Also, is bbcode/html supported for the custom rank? like colours etc...

Cheers
Hi windstarfire,
This would be quite easy for admin only:

<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_CUSTOM_RANK -->
                   <!-- IF postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "Custom Rank" -->
                      <tr>
                  <!-- IF U_ACP-->
                         <td class="postdetails">{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</td>
                      </tr>
                   <!-- ENDIF -->
                   <!-- ENDIF -->
             <!-- ELSE -->
                   <tr>
                      <td class="postdetails">{postrow.RANK_TITLE}</strong></td>
                   </tr>
                <!-- ENDIF -->
             <!-- ENDIF -->

As for the color goes, are you asking if there is a way to display the rank in your choice of color?

windstarfire

Post by windstarfire » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:42 am

If possible I'd like to be able to use bbcode or html to style that custom title, such as adding bold tags (<strong> or ) and other stuff like italics and underline, and colour it by either the colour bbcode/or html

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 pm

I'll be honest, I really would know how to go about that. If you want the rank to be underlined, bold or in a certain color we can modify the code a bit to do this. Would be quite easy. You just couldn't specify these options on an individual basis. It would be for all.

Stitch625

Re: [Beta] Custom Rank Titles 1.1.0

Post by Stitch625 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:06 am

New update.
I wasn't quite satisfied with this mod so I decided to re-write the entire thing adding many more options and functionality. I didn't realize at first how versatile the custom profile fields can be.

Now this mod allows your users to choose a custom Rank title in their choice of color utilizing custom profile fields. This will replace the default rank that is defined in the ACP by the admin. The really nice feature about this mod is that it utilizes custom profile fields so that that there is no coding of the core code.

-Mod can be configured from the ACP to allow the custom rank to only show after X number of posts.
-Users can configure their Custom Rank Title in the UCP
-Users can change the color of their Custom Rank Title in the UCP.
-Custom profile fields will only show to the user when they have reached X posts.
-Custom Rank will be displayed on viewtopic pages and in users profile.

Sorry but this mod is only currently available for subsilver at the moment. Unless somebody volunteers to write the template code for it I will give credit to the coder. I don't think I will be doing it. I just don't understand the tabeless theme enough to do this.

I guess now I can't claim that this mod is very easy to install anymore and only edits one file, but it's not hard either. ;)

jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:28 pm

Look forward to upgrading once we have some prosilver instructions.

Nice work Stitch!

mtrs

Post by mtrs » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:44 pm

jmjm003 wrote:Look forward to upgrading once we have some prosilver instructions.

Nice work Stitch!
I have prepared prosilver instructions, and tested them on 3.0.2 , working nice, Thank you Stitch

Open
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html
Find

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE or postrow.RANK_IMG --><dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE and postrow.RANK_IMG --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.RANK_IMG}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with

<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_CUSTOM_RANK and postrow.CUSTOM_RANK -->
               <!-- IF postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "Custom Rank" -->  
                   <dd><strong class="postauthor"<!-- IF postrow.S_PROFILE_RANK_COLOR -->
style="color:{postrow.PROFILE_RANK_COLOR_VALUE}"<!-- ENDIF -->>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</strong>                  
               <!-- ENDIF -->
        <!-- ELSE -->
                   <dd>{postrow.RANK_TITLE}         
            <!-- ENDIF -->
        <!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF postrow.RANK_IMG --><br />{postrow.RANK_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
Find

Add after

<!-- IF not ( custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME  eq "Custom Rank" or custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME  eq "Rank Color"  )  -->
Find

<dd><strong>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</strong> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
Add after

<!-- ENDIF -->
Open
styles/prosilver/template/memberlist_view.html
Find

<!-- IF RANK_TITLE --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK_TITLE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with

<!-- IF S_USER_CUSTOM_RANK -->
               <!-- IF custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "Custom Rank"    -->                  
                   <dd style="text-align: center;"><!-- IF S_PROFILE_RANK_COLOR --><span style="font-weight:bold;color:{PROFILE_RANK_COLOR_VALUE}"<!-- ENDIF -->>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>                  
               <!-- ENDIF -->
    <!-- ELSE -->
     <!-- IF RANK_TITLE --><dd style="text-align: center;">{RANK_TITLE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF --> 

Find

<!-- IF RANK_TITLE --><dt>{L_RANK}:</dt> <dd>{RANK_TITLE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with

<!-- IF S_USER_CUSTOM_RANK -->
               <!-- IF custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME eq "Custom Rank"    -->                  
                   <dt>Custom {L_RANK}:</dt><dd> <!-- IF S_PROFILE_RANK_COLOR --><span style="font-weight:bold;color:{PROFILE_RANK_COLOR_VALUE}"<!-- ENDIF -->>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>                  
               <!-- ENDIF -->
    <!-- ELSE -->
     <!-- IF RANK_TITLE --><dt>Custom {L_RANK}:</dt> <dd>{RANK_TITLE}</dd><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
Find

<dt>{custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</dt> <dd>{custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
Add before

<!-- IF not ( custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME  eq "Custom Rank" or custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME  eq "Rank Color"  )  -->
Find

<dt>{custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</dt> <dd>{custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}</dd>
Add after

<!-- ENDIF -->

Open
template/subsilver/ucp_profile_profile_info.html
Find

<!-- BEGIN profile_fields -->
Add after

<!-- IF not S_USER_CUSTOM_RANK and (  profile_fields.LANG_NAME == "Custom Rank" or  profile_fields.LANG_NAME == "Rank Color" ) -->
    <input type="hidden">
    <!-- ELSE -->
Find

<!-- END profile_fields -->
Add before

<!-- ENDIF -->
Stitch, I follow you ;) . I think, another feature can be added to disable some users' custom ranks usage at ACP.

Edit: Added screenshots..
Last edited by mtrs on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stitch625

Post by Stitch625 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:39 am

WOW mtrs :D
Thank you for translating this to prosilver. I will package up these edits and include them in the MODX file and you will definitely be given credit for this. ;)

I really hate prosilver...Well styling that is. ;)

I am working on a way to be able to limit certain users from using the custom rank from the ACP. I think I have an idea but I need some time. I am also working on a way to show the custom rank in the member list as well. For some reason this one has got me stumped, but I think I am getting close.
jmjm003 wrote:Look forward to upgrading once we have some prosilver instructions.

Nice work Stitch!
Thank you very much. Hope it works well for you.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”