[ABD] Camorea Suite (Dynamic Avatar + RPG) 0.5.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
crtdx

[ABD] Camorea Suite (Dynamic Avatar + RPG) 0.5.0

Post by crtdx » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Modification Name: Camorea Suite
Author: CRTDX
Modification Description:: Camorea Suite is a compilation of phpBB3 modifications that have been designed to work in unison and provide a comprehensive massive multiplayer online web based game system. The main modules, crtQuest and crtAvatar are php/ajax rewrites of the abandoned QuestMod and NulAvatar phpBB2 modifications respectively. Players can earn points or virtual money when they post or perform actions in the game environment that they can then spend in virtual shops on items to customize their avatar and increase character stats.
Modification Version:: 0.5.0
Requirements: GD Enabled.

Features:
crtAvatar
This phpBB3 modification enables users to create custom avatars utilizing layered images. With crtAvatar, you can have an avatar base with different layers of clothes, backgrounds and effects. A great example of this is Gaia Online. crtAvatar is a standalone modification that has the ability to plug into Camorea Suite to provide a more comprehensive game system. Players can earn items or currency when they post or perform actions in the game environment that they can then spend in virtual shops on items or enhancements to customize the character.

crtQuest
This phpBB3 modification adds a RPG-like world to the forum. Administrators can create maps which users can walk on. They can also talk to NPCs (Non-Playable Characters, like shopkeepers or castle guards), interact with the environment and walk to other maps.
  • Map/Map Editor and Ajax. Former map system used in QuestMod (and the current system live on my site) that was ported over to for the framework had two layers. One for displaying the map tiles in a table format and the second for display of Players, NPCs and Interactive Objects. The Map Editor was very bulky and consisted of far too many user actions to manually select and type in the coordinates of each tile. Revised system has the following to provide more control over the environment and ease administration:
    • Player
      Three layers with the following intended uses for each layer. The first two layers above are compiled into one single flat image for display to the user via the administrative panel upon exporting and saving the map.
      • 1. Background Layer: tiles that set the background tone of the layer space. Examples: Dirt, Grass, Stone.
      • 2. Object Layer: tiles that display objects with transparency such as Rocks, Tables, Signs that can fit against any Background to resolve the current need to create a dirt_sign.png and a grass_sign.png for example to display a sign on either of those terrains.
      • 3. Character Layer: this is the layer that contains the Characters, NPCs, Interactive Objects.
    • Admin
      The administrative panel has been rewritten in Ajax to provide drag and drop and direct click editing of the map tiles vastly improving the efficiency of Map Editing.
  • Character Creation
    Players can create a single character and edit various settings to affect the game environment.
  • Exploration System
    Players have the ability to search a set number of locations each day in hopes of finding any treasure which may be located at the point of interest.
  • Events System
    Players can also receive items, currency or experience from preset or random events. This is not limited to inside the game environment - players may experience this while simply browsing through the forums or after posting a new topic or a reply to a current thread.
  • Inventory and Bank
    Characters are limited with a soft cap to a certain amount of inventory space based on the stats and properties of the character. Additional items may be placed in the bank along with currency. Characters that are defeated in combat may lose items that are beyond the soft cap to the opponent.
  • Marketplace
    I have integrated Adrian's Shop Mod into Camorea Suite to manage item purchase and identification. Items purchased through the Marketplace are linked to the existing framework I built into crtAvatar to allow display of items only to those who currently own the item in the Shop Mod - this will be extended into the crtQuest portions of the Camorea Suite where items provide benefit to the adventuring player in or out of combat. Development of this section will be further elaborated as progress on his modification continues.
    I have decided to integrate Camorea Suite with Adrian's Advanced Points due to the state of the Cash mod.
  • Jail, Hospital and Penalty
    Characters who break the law, are killed in combat or are otherwise penalized will be handled depending on the server configuration with time limits specific to the event which placed them in one of those two holding cell locations. Characters who are placed in the Jail are restricted from using all the features of Camorea Suite and are relocated to the Jail map for a set period of time. Characters in the hospital are handled in a similar way.
  • Combat System
    There are two methods of combat that are being developed, naturally. PVP and PVE. The PVP system is based off the PVE system but requires that both characters be online and available for combat. Both types of combat are turn based with actions selected to be performed for a set amount of rounds and the server then processes the combat and outputs the result each turn.
  • Rewards
    Players who wish to assist the development through exposure can click links or perform actions to earn them normal or currency as set by the administrator. The world of Camorea for example contains a precious metal named quiescite because it absorbs sound. Players can earn this by supporting Camorea through toplists, through donations or random events.
History:
This is subject to change often. Features may be added and removed from the subsections without notice or for any reason.
  • 0.0.1 June 03, 2008 [COMPLETED]
    Rewrite NulAvatar as crtAvatar to work with phpBB3/DBAL. 100%
    Basic interface for crtAvatar. 100%
  • 0.1.0 June 06, 2008 [COMPLETED]
    Basic Admin Panel for crtAvatar to allow management of layers, images and settings. 100%
    Integrate into viewtopic.php to display generated Avatar on the phpBB3 forum. 100%
    More advanced interface for crtAvatar. 100%
  • 0.2.0 June 15, 2008 [COMPLETED]
    Rewrite QuestMod as crtQuest to work with phpBB3/DBAL. 100%
    Integrate crtQuest display with crtAvatar race and gender settings. 100%
    Basic Admin Panel for NPC, Scripting, Tiling and Map systems. 100%
  • 0.3.0 June 18, 2008 [COMPLETED]
    crtAvatar output generates multiple dynamic images based on settings. My website for example exports the following images: 1. Front and back full body display, 2. Close up detailed portrait view, 3. Sprite display for use in crtQuest. 100%
    Reorganize directory structure and file access. 100%
    Ajax in-line editing of Character Sheet fields. 100%
  • 0.4.0 June 24, 2008 [COMPLETED]
    Major code and database changes, crtAvatar settings are now controlled by the phpBB3 Admin Module system.100%
    Majority of language text and templating is integrated into the phpBB3 systems. 100%
  • 0.5.0 January 13, 2009 [COMPLETED]
    Added full support for transparencies in all images. 100%
    Integrated with Adrian's Advanced Points and Adrian's Shop Mod. 100%
Screenshots:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Demo:
http://forum.crtdx.net/camorea.php - Live development site, requires registration

Modification Download:
crtAvatar
http://forum.crtdx.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6
crtQuest - None Yet

FYI
I am coding Camorea Suite for use on my personal project. I work full time, have a very needy dog and a busy personal life that luckily includes a wonderful woman who does not mind watching me code; however, please do not be surprised when you see my progress slow down from time to time.

Furthermore, I plan to provide download and support of the Camorea Suite once it reaches a certain quality. I am not an expert in PHP by any means. I have never created a phpBB3 mod before and I am learning as I go. I am terribad when it comes to organization.
Last edited by Sam on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Marked mod as abandoned, if the original poster wishes to continue this, please PM any MOD team member to have it unlocked.

darkone_d1_2000

Re: [DEV] Camorea Suite (Dynamic Avatar + RPG)

Post by darkone_d1_2000 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:26 pm

WOW.

Reading over the features and overall project and you definitely have a good plan and background on the game world.

In the beginning will there be a world that we just addon too or do we need to use crtQuest to create everything?

Will we need a seperate DB or is it possible to use a seperate DB and still have it tied to phpbb users? Just wondering how much of an impact this mod would have on our current DB's for phpbb.

Are we going to need a points/cash mod installed or does the mod have something homegrown?

Crtdx from what I have read on your site this looks great. I cannot wait to demo your creation and see your tools. Great job so far. I signed up to your site but I cannot access Camorea Suite yet?

Thx and keep up the great work.

-D1-

crtdx

Post by crtdx » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:51 pm

darkone_d1_2000 wrote:WOW.

Reading over the features and overall project and you definitely have a good plan and background on the game world.
darkone_d1_2000 wrote:In the beginning will there be a world that we just addon too or do we need to use crtQuest to create everything?
I am planning to package a starter map with a bunch of sample NPCs when I release crtQuest. The one that I currently have running on my site will likely just be copied over and in because it will have an example of each type of option.

crtAvatar is going to be packaged with the races and genders I am using for my game along with the blank race and gender images and maybe the sample crtdx shirts for them to wear that are available now.
darkone_d1_2000 wrote:Will we need a seperate DB or is it possible to use a seperate DB and still have it tied to phpbb users? Just wondering how much of an impact this mod would have on our current DB's for phpbb.
Right now it is set up to use the same database. I will have to look into the possibility of a separate database but I am not sure how that would affect performance. I'm not familiar with MySQL enough to give an accurate answer.
darkone_d1_2000 wrote:Are we going to need a points/cash mod installed or does the mod have something homegrown?
I am planning to use Handyman's cash mod once it is RC with Camorea Suite unless I reach a point of needing it in my development before he is finished with it. crtAvatar and crtQuest can run without a points modification but a lot of features are disabled as a result.
darkone_d1_2000 wrote:Crtdx from what I have read on your site this looks great. I cannot wait to demo your creation and see your tools. Great job so far. I signed up to your site but I cannot access Camorea Suite yet?
You should be able to demo it now - what is occurring when you try to access Camorea Suite after logging in from the forum? http://forum.crtdx.net/ -> click on Camorea Suite up top. Also, just in case - you need to select a Race and Gender on the character sheet (mouseover the words to edit) before you can create an avatar because the images are organized based on that information. I'll be eventually adding a check to prevent accessing the Avatar Management if you have not set that information.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:57 pm

always when im logged in and i go on camoea suite, a screen shows me that i must log in, but i dont want all the time log-in, and nothing happen XD

but your idea is very fine, on my old rpg-board i ve run a very early install of nullavatar, i hope you make it better, than the first versions from this mod for phpBB2 wasnt really funny to work with.... :?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

crtdx

Post by crtdx » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:25 pm

I am redoing the backend for that very reason which is why I haven't released it yet. Currently I am manually working in the database there is no backend. :D

If it tells you that you need to log in after you register go back to the forums, login and then click the link again - for some reason a brand new account when registered needs to log out and back in again before Camorea Suite can be accessed. I am not sure why this is happening but I'll look into it. Very strange.

turkanime

Post by turkanime » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Waiting to release :D Awesome!

DarkBeing
Name: Sven

Post by DarkBeing » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:23 pm

Sounds very interesting. Gonna keep an eye on your progress with this modification ;)!

Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:26 am

This sounds absolutely amazing.

A question though: will I have to scrap my forums and turn it into an RPG? I'd like to have features added, but not removed.

Like, is each user REQUIRED to use a dynamic avatar, or can he or she still upload an image? Etc.

EDIT: Ah, I see. I just registered and took a look for myself. The set-up is perfect; I can have Camorea while still retaining my forum atmosphere. This is brilliant.

I can't wait for the release. :) I really am excited. Like a child in his bed on Christmas Eve.
Sorry for my bad Engrish !
gleason|design

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:19 pm

I just like Dynamic Avatar! A great mod! :)
Thank so much! I hope you can develop this to a final version :)
I'm very like this!
Regards!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

hanulbada

Post by hanulbada » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:55 am

I'm INCREDIBLY excited for this mod, seeing as I loved nulavatar before, I'm expecting great things out of this one.
I hope you finish this up as I would LOVE to try this out.

crtdx

Re: [BETA] Camorea Suite (Dynamic Avatar + RPG)

Post by crtdx » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Download is now available. Please test it out and let me know what you think. I am still working hard but wanted to at least get something out there. I know the code isn't the best but this is my first phpBB3 mod. Thanks for the support. :)

Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 pm

crtdx wrote:Download is now available. Please test it out and let me know what you think. I am still working hard but wanted to at least get something out there. I know the code isn't the best but this is my first phpBB3 mod. Thanks for the support. :)
YEAH! I'm really excited about this! :D

But I can't get the SQL to run... because it tries to insert into phpbb_crtavatar_layers when it's not yet been created.

A complete guess, but would this be anything close?

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_crtavatar_layers` (
  `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` mediumtext NOT NULL,
  `position` int(10) NOT NULL,
  `compulsive` int(10) NOT NULL
);
gleason|design

crtdx

Post by crtdx » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Gleasonator wrote:
crtdx wrote:Download is now available. Please test it out and let me know what you think. I am still working hard but wanted to at least get something out there. I know the code isn't the best but this is my first phpBB3 mod. Thanks for the support. :)

But I can't get the SQL to run... because it tries to insert into phpbb_crtavatar_layers when it's not yet been created.

Weird. I redownloaded the archive and inside sql.txt it has

`position` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
  `compulsive` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) AUTO_INCREMENT=11 ;

-- 
-- Dumping data for table `phpbb_crtavatar_layers`
-- 

INSERT INTO `phpbb_crtavatar_layers` (`id`, `name`, `position`, `compulsive`) VALUES 
(10, 'Accessories', 10, 0),
(9, 'Hands', 9, 0),
(8, 'Feet', 8, 0),
(7, 'Torso', 7, 0),
(6, 'Legs', 6, 0),
(5, 'Hair', 5, 0),
(4, 'Mouth', 4, 0),
(3, 'Eyes', 3, 0),
(2, 'Face', 2, 0),
(1, 'Background', 1, 1);
Your guess was right on though. :D

I uploaded it again just in case.

Edit:

I am using MySQL client version: 5.0.22, I am not sure if this matters concerning how the SQL is formatted on an export.

Gleasonator

Post by Gleasonator » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:49 pm

crtdx wrote:
Gleasonator wrote:

Weird. I redownloaded the archive and inside sql.txt it has

`position` tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
  `compulsive` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) AUTO_INCREMENT=11 ;

-- 
-- Dumping data for table `phpbb_crtavatar_layers`
-- 

INSERT INTO `phpbb_crtavatar_layers` (`id`, `name`, `position`, `compulsive`) VALUES 
(10, 'Accessories', 10, 0),
(9, 'Hands', 9, 0),
(8, 'Feet', 8, 0),
(7, 'Torso', 7, 0),
(6, 'Legs', 6, 0),
(5, 'Hair', 5, 0),
(4, 'Mouth', 4, 0),
(3, 'Eyes', 3, 0),
(2, 'Face', 2, 0),
(1, 'Background', 1, 1);
Your guess was right on though. :D

I uploaded it again just in case.
Whoops! :oops: Really sorry about that.

My mouse was acting weird (I'm using a tablet) and that chunk of code got deleted... after closing the file and opening it again it was there. Very sorry.

Well, I'm testing it out, now. :) Seems to work fine so far, but I'll give more detailed feedback ASAP.
gleason|design

crtdx

Post by crtdx » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Gleasonator wrote:
Whoops! :oops: Really sorry about that.

My mouse was acting weird (I'm using a tablet) and that chunk of code got deleted... after closing the file and opening it again it was there. Very sorry.

Well, I'm testing it out, now. :) Seems to work fine so far, but I'll give more detailed feedback ASAP.
Ah. :D I found your site and made an avatar there. 8-) Camorea Suite/crtAvatar also uses prototype / scriptaculous for crtQuest and Character Sheet and jquery / coda-slider for crtAvatar. I am moving everything over to prototype/scriptaculous but they will interfere with eachother if they're on the same page (or if you include crtAvatar inside a header with conflicting libraries that you're already using on a site).

I'll be resolving this by the next release as well.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”