[ABD] Camorea Suite (Dynamic Avatar + RPG) 0.5.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
giZZy-2

Re: [BETA] Camorea Suite (Dynamic Avatar + RPG)

Post by giZZy-2 »

Any news on how this one is coming along? I would love to see this one in the next stage.
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

This does look like a good system, I'd like to know how it's coming along as well. Although, the thread starter stopped posting ever since it became two pages long.
My Website | My MOD Requests | Foreign Key Docs (some topics are not requests)
"It's easy to rebel, but it's hard to be recognized."
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

I am interested in this also. :D
I tried it out on a test site and it installed easily, module was easy to install. The SQL query installed easily also. I see where to edit images and layers, but I don't see a way for a user to edit an avatar. Is it not there yet, or am I missing something?
When all else fails, read the instructions
Yukan

Post by Yukan »

Ladysarajane wrote:I am interested in this also. :D
I tried it out on a test site and it installed easily, module was easy to install. The SQL query installed easily also. I see where to edit images and layers, but I don't see a way for a user to edit an avatar. Is it not there yet, or am I missing something?
look here:
http://yoursiteurl/phpbbroot/camorea.php

Like- my site:
http://www.auriasonline.com/forum/camorea.php

I'm starting to worry that this has been abandoned... :(
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Yukan wrote:Like- my site:
http://www.auriasonline.com/forum/camorea.php

I'm starting to worry that this has been abandoned... :(
A lot of mods are abandoned for phpBB3, especially right now since it's so new. People have to learn the entire program inside and out before it gets to be more like phpBB2 or IPB 1.3

Also,

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea/includes/global_variables.php on line 36: Use of undefined constant config_value - assumed 'config_value'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea/includes/global_variables.php on line 37: Use of undefined constant config_value - assumed 'config_value'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea/includes/global_variables.php on line 38: Use of undefined constant config_value - assumed 'config_value'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea/includes/global_variables.php on line 40: Use of undefined constant config_value - assumed 'config_value'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea/includes/global_variables.php on line 41: Use of undefined constant config_value - assumed 'config_value'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 93: Undefined variable: content
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 94: Undefined variable: total_layers
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 95: Undefined variable: preview_img
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 96: Undefined variable: item_category
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 97: Undefined variable: button
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 98: Undefined variable: imagename
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 99: Undefined variable: choose_items
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 100: Undefined variable: dontshow
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 101: Undefined variable: no_show_list
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 104: Undefined variable: exported_save
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 105: Undefined variable: exported_back
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 106: Undefined variable: exported_port
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /camorea.php on line 107: Undefined variable: summary
For you
crtdx

Post by crtdx »

It's not abandoned. :) I'm working on it but I am not providing any support for any install or setup problems. The other complications concerning the actual Camorea Suite code I will be helping with once it is out of beta.

I'm not yet ready to go into details since a lot is backend but here are a few samples of what I have integrated so far.

http://dev.crtdx.net/Map/r2/mapeditor.php
http://dev.crtdx.net/Map/r2/game.php
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

I figured out how to alter the avatar already. I have added images. Just hoping you figured out how to do a transparent background so users can change the background with a different image..
Looking forward to being able to integrate the avatar system and Cash and shop mod into my website
The game part looks really nice! :D
I will be watching this.
I would be willing to help test it.
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

It's not really a good practice to not give support for alpha/beta versions (Although a lot of people do this) because through that, you can sometimes get code bugs fixed faster.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

iyeru42 wrote:It's not really a good practice to not give support for alpha/beta versions (Although a lot of people do this) because through that, you can sometimes get code bugs fixed faster.
If a person is giving "support" for Alpha/beta versions, then their work is slowed down by people asking for features and support for things that are not implemented yet, especially when people use them on live boards and are desperate because they broke their forums.
No, I agree for limited support on alpha/beta versions. They will know by reports, on things that stand out if something is not working. Most have trackers for users to submit bugs and feature requests. And if the concentrate on the mod and not answering silly questions, then they will get the mod done faster.
iyeru42

Post by iyeru42 »

Ladysarajane wrote:If a person is giving "support" for Alpha/beta versions, then their work is slowed down by people asking for features and support for things that are not implemented yet, especially when people use them on live boards and are desperate because they broke their forums.
That's why the great world of linux invented the Feature Freeze.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Yea, right. :roll:
Even with mods that are in the "approved database" and completed you see people asking for features, or to ask how to change something.
Besides there may be a feature that someone asks for that might be needed to be written in the core code and might be a really good boost to the mod.
For example. Transparent backgrounds for the avatar of this mod. That will need to be a change in the core code to allow this. It is better added now, then later changing the core code later.
Smaller mods might get by with giving support but larger mods like this one, the shop mod, Arcade mod and cash mod, all would benefit from a bug tracker (or development tool) of some kind rather than live support. That way the developer can browse to distinguish between bugs and features. And features that would be better now.....or down the road.
Cats777

Post by Cats777 »

Cats777 wrote:Does anyone know how to add or remove races?
I'm still needing some advice on this.
James78

Post by James78 »

This mod is a great idea and has a lot of potential. I will certainly be using this once it is a lot higher in the development status. Good job!

Edit: Is it possible either now, or later in development, to allow users to use this mods avatars OR any other avatar they wish? I'd like to allow users to select their own as usual, or this mods avatars.
If you encounter what is/or you think is a bug, please report it to the phpBB Bug Tracker
Ratmaster

Post by Ratmaster »

Any updates on this?
thelazynarakid

Post by thelazynarakid »

James78 wrote:This mod is a great idea and has a lot of potential. I will certainly be using this once it is a lot higher in the development status. Good job!

Edit: Is it possible either now, or later in development, to allow users to use this mods avatars OR any other avatar they wish? I'd like to allow users to select their own as usual, or this mods avatars.
I agree 100%! It would be great if they could use it as their forum avatar!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”