Page 2 of 18

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:04 pm
by Blitze
I had actually done this on my experimental site but without acp settings but it includes sub forums. It only shows if you users viewing is greater than 0. If you want to see my code let me know.

cheers

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:37 pm
by tommekemc
well, it's just running an if to show/not show.
the hard part is controll it in ACP :)
I have 0 turned on too, because I don't have realy active members at the moment.

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:09 am
by sharathu7
wow.. waiting for this... thanks.

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 am
by satandream
Yes this is a mod i have waited for

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:25 am
by tommekemc
I got the ACP stuff working, now I'm working on showing the usernames browsing the forum.

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:38 am
by sharathu7
great... waiting for more features... keep up the good work,...

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:48 am
by alecrust
I assume in the ACP you will be able to choose whether to have numbers or usernames...

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:37 am
by marian0810
Or both :D

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:53 am
by darkonia
can you build in the acp, that the colour is changeble in which the number of users is shown

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:33 pm
by tommekemc
marian0810 wrote:Or both :D
indeed, you have these 3 options ;)
darkonia wrote:can you build in the acp, that the colour is changeble in which the number of users is shown
shouldn't be too hard :)
sharathu7 wrote:great... waiting for more features... keep up the good work,...
suggest features ;)

Re: [ALPHA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:41 pm
by darkonia
tommekemc wrote:
darkonia wrote:can you build in the acp, that the colour is changeble in which the number of users is shown
shouldn't be too hard :)
you can take the colour part from the group settings in the acp

Re: [BETA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:58 pm
by tommekemc
beta is here, report any errors!!!

Re: [BETA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:09 am
by Stitch625
Great Mod however, wouldn't this mod create load on the db on a busy board? If I am not mistaken it would need a query for every forum plus it would need a query for each member that is viewing each forum. So in other words if you have 20 forums with 5 users in each forum, your board would have to run an extra 100 queries? Is this correct?

Re: [BETA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:17 am
by wiseman1161980
Seems to work fine, but a small error in sql

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` )VALUES ('x_users_show', '1', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` ) VALUES ('x_users_number', 0', '0');

Should be

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` )VALUES ('x_users_show', '1', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` ) VALUES ('x_users_number', '0', '0');

Keep up the good work!

Re: [BETA]X users viewing forums

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:55 am
by tommekemc
Stitch625 wrote:Great Mod however, wouldn't this mod create load on the db on a busy board? If I am not mistaken it would need a query for every forum plus it would need a query for each member that is viewing each forum. So in other words if you have 20 forums with 5 users in each forum, your board would have to run an extra 100 queries? Is this correct?
I only run 1 sql.
it checks for all users online (with your config time), then it loads the username and user color of every user.
then, for every forum it checks for people online (in allready fetched material).
wiseman1161980 wrote:Seems to work fine, but a small error in sql

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` )VALUES ('x_users_show', '1', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` ) VALUES ('x_users_number', 0', '0');

Should be

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` )VALUES ('x_users_show', '1', '0');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_config` (`config_name` ,`config_value` ,`is_dynamic` ) VALUES ('x_users_number', '0', '0');

Keep up the good work!
thanx for the heads up, mate!
don't know how I made that mistake, it was copy-paste from phpMyAdmin XD
fixed it btw ;)