[ABD] AIR-box Auto Image Resizer Box

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Largo84

Re: [RC] AIR-box Auto Image Resizer Box

Post by Largo84 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:13 am

rufuz wrote:
Largo84 wrote:And the mod uses that Library doesn't it. Therefor the mod clashes.
Your argument is a non sense,
it is like stating that a program for mac is buggy because it doesn't run on linux.

Largo, are you aware this space is for giving useful support to people and I am committed to do so in the best way possible?

Be helpful and constructive or please don't waste this space with cheap and erratic arguments.

bye

ricc.
It's you that's being such a prick actually. It's you that attacked me first and all I did was post my findings.
I did search this topic for the words status and facebook to see if anyone else had the same problem.

Also what I said doesn't imply that AT ALL! You must be completely stupid to think that.

Yes the Libraries clash, but the mods use those Libraries, so it's a problem with the mods.

If a program is made for a MAC, then it's compiled for that architecture and not a Linux architecture, so that has no comparrison to what I said at all. Get a clue.
If I write printf("Hello World"); in a program and compile it on a MAC, it will work. If I do that same on Linux, it will work.

Maybe you should adjust your original post to inform people of the problem.

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Largo84 wrote:You must be completely stupid to think that.
To post such opinion here It's not smarter, lol
Largo84 wrote:
Maybe you should adjust your original post to inform people of the problem.
We was just speaking about libraries before you came. Just read the posts, you can find all the info you need.
Definitley you choose the wrong place to lame, the original post is more than informative it is 3 pages long on a 24" screen... and it says the mod uses mootools 1.1.

even I just told you:
rufuz wrote: I'm thinking to upgrade airbox to mootools 1.2 or jquery. It is a hard decision. I would prefer Jquery at this stage but there are already a lot of boards using airbox+mootools and don't want to stop supporting them...
People knows you should not mix them. It is not a limitation of the mods nor of the libraries. It is just how things work. If I had chosen Jquery other people could not use it. It's A or B. B or A.

There are 19 updates of this mod and all of them are based on requests by users in those 406 posts of this topic. This is a lot of work and dedication for free. This is open source, if you have an unjustified rant please contribute instead and construct rather than destroy.

There are more than one hundred boards using this mod and need this space for support.

Finally, as I wote many times I cannot guarantee compatibilty with other mods. They are thousands, none could have control on that. Though I helped people with that, where it was possible.
Then again, if you want support or to contribute you're welcome, if you plan other personal attacks and offense, just choose another space.

I hope you understand.

bye
ricc.

ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:55 pm

rufuz wrote:Then again, if you want support or to contribute you're welcome, if you plan other personal attacks and offense, just choose another space.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Watch your tone, as flaming will not be tolerated here per rule 1b.
Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.

Largo84

Post by Largo84 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:30 am

Brainy wrote:
rufuz wrote:Then again, if you want support or to contribute you're welcome, if you plan other personal attacks and offense, just choose another space.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Watch your tone, as flaming will not be tolerated here per rule 1b.
Point this out to him too, as I've only responded to the flame directed at me. I'm not the one that started it with a smart arsed comment am I? There was no need for the reply he gave me.

Why the hell should someone shift through *thousands* of your posts to see if this mod works or not with other mods that are installed on the users forums? Most people read the OP and that's it.
I found that I couldn't run this with another mod I was running so I searched the whole thread for a solution based on what I thought someone would mention in their post. How was I to know that it was a Library issue? I seen that Liraries have been discuessed for a few pages, but at no point did that jump out and say "HEY! THIS IS YOUR PROBLEM!" as I don't work with JavaScript.

At no point have I attacked this mod. It's a good mod. I was just pointing out to people that it currently clashes with the Facebook Status Mod which is also a good mod.

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:33 am

ok let's go ahead.

the script could be upgraded to mootools 1.2 or Jquery.

The actual version needs mootools 1.1 :

pros:
lighter: (32kB + 5kB)
It doesn't mess up boards already using it and other 1.1 scripts.

cons:
in the future could become obsolete. As people begin to look for 1.2 scripts in the same site.

Upgrading to 1.2 -->

pros:
more new browsers compatibility and ability to run 1.2 scripts in the same page.

cons:
bigger size (45kB + 5kB) and you lost compatibility in your site with all other js relying on mootools 1.1 (those may become obsolete one day, though).

Mootools big concern is that every 1.x release is not compatible with the previous: 1.1 -> needed upgrading of all 1.0 scripts . Same story is for 1.2 -> 1.1*. Let's see when the 1.3 will be out...

*there are thousands of 1.1 scripts. Just thing about a CMS like joomla! that has 1.1 incorporated. The new release planned will upgrade to 1.2- This will be a huge issue for developers...

upgrading to Jquery

pros:
ability to run Jquery scripts in the same page.
New Jquery libraries should be compatible with older. That is a great thing for developers and for users.

cons:
biggest size (56kB + 5kB). If you have already other mootools scripts, you'll have to uninstall them.

I need feedback at this stage, I especially need the voice of all those who already have it installed and running.

bye

ricc.

m u r

Post by m u r » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:51 am

Am I missing something? How do I install this? And how do I get it to work with the Bl@ck template?

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

m u r wrote:Am I missing something? How do I install this? And how do I get it to work with the Bl@ck template?
there are complete manual instructions in the zip. Though it has not yet been tested in umil.
The mod is provided for standard templates prosilver and subsilver2. Many ppl installed it in other templates as it requires few easy steps to install and you should be able to adapt it.

bye

ricc.

demon327

Post by demon327 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:52 pm

Fast question: is it possible to make the image a "sub" size when you click and when viewed there is a button on the lower right corner to view the full size of the image, cause if users ar beginning to post full size posters the airbox size them to there maximum and that can't be good ;)

so:
thumb-->lightboxthumb(eg 800*600)-->button-->max size

like here on my site:
http://ashladan.be/bands/epica

click the picture and you'l get it

lovelysummer

Post by lovelysummer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 pm

edit : I work it out

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:31 am

demon, that is lightbox2 inside drupal I guess, this mod uses slimbox and doesn't have such function... as the same author wrote in the official page-
If I will plan a radical change to the mod, this will be the feature to look at.

photoworldblog

Post by photoworldblog » Sat May 09, 2009 12:35 pm

thanks... will try on my forum....

therealsutano

Post by therealsutano » Sun May 10, 2009 8:09 am

I don't know if its just me, but there is no link to download where the download button leads. I don't know if I'm completely looking right over it or if someone accidentally deleted it. Thanks ahead of time, therealsutano

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Sun May 10, 2009 11:23 am

the link is at end of the page marked as -=download page =- just after donation button

http://www.provisum-illumina.com/forum/ ... ?f=90&t=33

thejdm

Post by thejdm » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:27 pm

i been using this mod for quite some time and its still working flawless.
a few of my other mod on my forum use the highslide image pop-up.
would it be 2 much of a hassle to use the highslide JS with this mod instead of the lightbox?
www.thejdm.com ...turn it on, y0

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:12 am

thejdm wrote:... to use the highslide JS with this mod instead of the lightbox?
It would be nice, but unfortunately it is not GPL compatible... and it would too restrictive for most users...

Anyway, Thanks for the suggestion!

to all:

UPDATE:

airbox tested with new phpbb 3.0.5 and no problems were found.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”