[ABD] AIR-box Auto Image Resizer Box

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
morphrz

Re: [BETA] AIR-box Auto Image Resizer Box

Post by morphrz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:52 am

It works great under IE 7.0 but on FireFox 3.0.1 it's not resizing pictures. Look: http://www.rkf.inrzeszow.pl/viewtopic.p ... 975#p17975

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:37 pm

virtualkev wrote:Thanks ricc, a great mod.

I was a bit stumped by getting the attachments to show up in lightbox, then I figured to turn off the image size limit and link dimensions in acp->general:attachment settings, and it works a treat :D
thanks ;) , and you're right... I'll update diy intructions with this important info I forgot...
bye

ricc.

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:45 pm

morphrz wrote:It works great under IE 7.0 but on FireFox 3.0.1 it's not resizing pictures. Look: http://www.rkf.inrzeszow.pl/viewtopic.p ... 975#p17975
hi morphrz, welcome to the forum,

I opened your site with FF 3.0.1 and images are resized as supposed to be and the in general the mod seems to work out.
I picked up a random image, right click on properties and it returns this :

843px × 572px (resized to 700px × 475px).

bye

ricc.

p.s. your is a great photograpy forum, you may want to post your link in showcase (or comment) section of my forum, that is photography related. (an english ver. of main site soon will be out)

alexanderzwei

Post by alexanderzwei » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi@ll,

This Mod is great, but I have a Problem with the GeoMap. The Map will be resized. That's bad. The GeoMap is not clickable and no informations will be shown about the users, because I can't click on the points. If I try to click on a point or the Map, nothing happend.
How can I fix the problem?

Greets from Germany,
Alexander

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:51 pm

hi alexander,
google maps and other few maps make use of img html tag for the composition of map portions, and it seems to be a problem even they are wrapped in a iframe, from what you said.
I'm just guessing, you should provide me your url for a diagnosys and eventually a solution...

bye

ricc.

alexanderzwei

Post by alexanderzwei » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:28 am

Thank you for the Answer.

The Direct- URL to the GeoMap on the Site is http://pokeforum.de/geomap.php.

Greetings,
Alexander

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:46 pm

ok it like I guessed, it uses img html tag...

a quick suggestion is:

your posting layout is about ~700px wide.
you set max width to 500px.
your geomap is 720 px wide.

You could set ~700px as the max width in airbox.js to best macth your posting layout.
Then, if possible (I don't know this mod), reduce geomap ~20 px --> to ~700px.

this way geompa img shoudn't be resized.

bye
ricc.

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:47 pm

instead, can't you update your MOD to be only applicable to posts only ... and not on other images on forum ... there are 10s of different types of images user want on their forum.

and i'm not understanding your advice of setting width in airbox.js to the size of forum width .... isn't, by saying this, you are not considering other elements of forum than post area like mini-profile area, etc.

i'm confused with your advice. couldn't remember where, but I saw similar thing here on phpBB.com where the author of MOD made it only applicable on posts & not on other images.

P.S. As advising alexanderzwei, you emphasize on saying that geomap uses img html tag .... well if thats the case, then why don't you restrict somehow you MOD to only [img] BBCode. Isn't that possible? I'm sure there is some way of doing so. Plz if possible for you, give us a treat, and update your MOD with the solution of this problem. Just my request. :idea:

Other than this problem, your MOD is excellent & the visual element in it is very eye pleasing. Thanx for this MOD. :)

alexanderzwei

Post by alexanderzwei » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:58 pm

I'm the same opinion as iftitaj.

Please, reduce the Mod to pictures in posts, not to the entire Board.

Greetings,
Alexander P.

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:03 pm

alexanderzwei wrote:I'm the same opinion as iftitaj.
Please, reduce the Mod to pictures in posts, not to the entire Board.
alexander, iftiaj,
the point here the quote sounds a bit imperative, I'm not here to remeber you this is open source. I give support enough to listen, reply to all in hours -not days-, and update (6 updates in a month). I do this in my spare time and for free, again, the code is open and everyone is invited to contribute as they can.
The case of alexander is plain, it is conficting with another mod. Scroll down mod database and you'll see why compatilibity with all that comes from a non-standard instalation should not be compelled. (try the demo, and you'll find no glitches around)
BTW, I wished to help, so a bit of constructivism is welcome. I'm sure you can understand my point.
At least as I understand your point. Your suggestion is a good start point. For "start point" I mean it has to be developed. Alexander gave his url today then looked at it, I gave a "quick (still valid) suggestion" (sic) today, and today he writes the quoted text above.
Next week I'll see what could be done with your suggestions,

bye

ricc.

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:48 pm

sorry if I sound like pressurizing you. its already great that you developed it. i just gave a suggestion of restricting your MOD to [img] tag instead of img html tag.

whenever you said to set width higher in airbox.js, plz understand its not possible for everyone ..... i mean, say, i don't want thinner banner along with - do not want to set width higher since you didn't consider other things (like mini-profile) when saying to set width equals to forum width .... whereas it should be post-area width only.
so say my banner is 750x250 & my forum's width is set to 100% (i guess default of prosilver) ... now what width should I mention in airbox.js ??? and i'm planning to add a background image also, so then what should i set in airbox.js ??? I can't find post-area width when forum's width is measured in percentage.

I hope you got my problem ... and its only my request to find a solution of it - of course you are free to say NO. :|

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:58 pm

iftitaj,
your is a good proposal. I'm packing a new version, just wait few minutes. Please test it!

bye

ricc.

p.s. (I'm pressured by users who appear, 1 post in whole forum, got the solution and disappear. Not to talk about my pm-box always popping. This is not your case ;) )

iftitaj

Post by iftitaj » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:13 pm

ok am waiting ... but couldn't resist myself from suggesting more. :lol:

just a suggestion .... i know its a bad suggestion but it may create a way for you .... instead of including your script files in header ... restrict it to only section "<!-- BEGIN postrow -->" in viewtopic_body.html somehow. :idea:

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:24 pm

Update 0.9.0

-rel. 0.9.0 - Js Resizer rewritten from scratch. Now only images in posts are resized. All other images (including banner) are not resized and do not show in a lightbox.

bye,

ricc.

rufuz

Post by rufuz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:34 pm

iftitaj wrote:ok am waiting ... but couldn't resist myself from suggesting more. :lol:

just a suggestion .... i know its a bad suggestion but it may create a way for you .... instead of including your script files in header ... restrict it to only section "<!-- BEGIN postrow -->" in viewtopic_body.html somehow. :idea:
it was the first solution, I discarded it for some reasons... including some idiosyncrasies and more complex installation process (more files to edit). I'll look better.

bye
ricc.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”