[ABD] Buttons menu MOD 2.3.0 + subsilver2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Methen

Re: [RC] Buttons menu MOD 2.1.1 + drop down

Post by Methen »

Kamahl19 wrote:what do you mean by the scolling effect guys?
As in when the list under a certain catagory gets to long you would be abale to scroll up in down for example like when you click on your favorites in Ie or when you click on your program list to scroll up and down with a small arrow at the top and at the bottom.
Somebody is asking for a Hinne Whooping!!!
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

victory1 wrote:I would like to use this if it can do 2 things. First, instead of the color bar, could it be possible to use an image? That's what I'm using in both of my styles. I have a dropdown which I made myself using the jquery that was used for my dropdown Search & dropdown Login. I'm not able to add another sub-child to the child menu, which I assume yours do. What I mean by that, Info (which lead to the About Us custom page) is the parent, and one of the child's in the dropdown is Wiki, I want to add Troubleshooting Database as a child for Wiki.

Image Image
this mod doesn't do that...but it'll be nice if it could in future versions
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
torrfriend

Post by torrfriend »

Hi mate,
this is not working well in subsilver3 theme.

Everything is perfect except the space between the two buttons,
space between the dropdown buttons,
button is not clearly visible....

please check in subsilver3 and reply,
Thanks

Note:
please add space between buttons and space between dropdown buttons in settings in future update..
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Found a bug...I think

I have to click the up/down arrow twice to move up or down a button
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Buttons menu MOD 2.2.0 will include subsilver2 instructions, will support language variables and maybe also template variables.

I really dont know how to check which buttons is active, so if you have some suggestions feel free to explain and I will make it :)
DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

Nice, Nice, Nice - please also add an option to make it possible so display certain menues for registered users only (=don't display for guests/bots).

@active button feature:

i wish I could give some specific help but I'm not a coder. Still I'm running some tab-style menu (got that from phpbb.com as well) on my site that might contain helpful hints inside the code:

http://poison-door.net/phpBB3/index.php

Here's the snippet from the overall-header:

Code: Select all

<div id="tabs">
       <ul>
          <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'viewforum' or SCRIPT_NAME == 'viewtopic' or PAGE_TITLE eq 'Foren-Übersicht' or PAGE_TITLE eq 'Index page' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_INDEX}"><span>{L_INDEX}</span></a></li>
          <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --><li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'search' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_SEARCH}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
		  <li<!-- IF PAGE_TITLE eq 'Galerie' or PAGE_TITLE eq 'Gallery' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_GALLERY_MOD}" title="{L_GALLERY}"><span>{L_GALLERY}</span></a></li>
		  <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'calendar' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_CALENDAR}" title="{L_CALENDAR}"><span>{L_CALENDAR}</span></a></li>
		  <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'geomap' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_GEOMAP}" title="{L_GEOMAP}"><span>{L_GEOMAP}</span></a></li>
          <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'arcade' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_ARCADE}" title="{L_ARCADE}"><span>{L_ARCADE}</span></a></li>
          <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'bulitipp' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="http://www.poison-door.net/phpbb3/bulitipp.php" title="BuLi Tipp"><span>Kicktipp</span></a></li>		  
		  <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'memberlist' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_MEMBERLIST}</span></a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
          <li<!-- IF SCRIPT_NAME == 'faq' --> class="activetab"<!-- ENDIF -->><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}"><span>{L_FAQ}</span></a></li>
       </ul>
		</div>
I think the script names would do the trick because it's just necessary to find out the name of the destination files (dunno if that would work for php targets only or html targets as well). It's probably too complicated to determine all necessary values automatically by the mod but I'd be fine if I had to enter these within the ACP during configuring the mod. This is how the acp setting for a category may look like then:

Category name: xxx (with the possibility to enter language variables]
Name of the target file: xxx (for determine the active category)
Visible for: ( ) Everyone ( ) Registered Users Only
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

What if I have index.php button and also buysell/index.php button to go to Classifieds MOD? :)
DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

Kamahl19 wrote:What if I have index.php button and also buysell/index.php button to go to Classifieds MOD? :)
Just rewrite the other mod then :lol: :lol: ....I'm just kidding, that'll be a problem of course. Maybe it's better to use IF PAGE_TITLE eq 'xxx' - but that would require the support of language variables for this feature as well.
Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

DocSommer wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:What if I have index.php button and also buysell/index.php button to go to Classifieds MOD? :)
Just rewrite the other mod then :lol: :lol: ....I'm just kidding, that'll be a problem of course. Maybe it's better to use IF PAGE_TITLE eq 'xxx' - but that would require the support of language variables for this feature as well.
and what if it is button for about.php or some else site :)
DocSommer

Post by DocSommer »

Well that highlight feature is (for my understanding) suppose for the category links only and I think most forums (>90%) will link just to it's own content so the worst case is that a few users might just not use this highlight feature. I mean it's not something that might break the entire mod if a little minority can't use the highlight feature.
and what if it is button for about.php or some else site :)

If you link to someone else site I assume that the link is supposed to open in a new window/tab anyway - no need to highlight something in this case.

I don't understand the about.php example.
san3auni

Post by san3auni »

thanks for great mod
i have question
can i make it work to show notifications for phpBB3 Social Network 0.6.0 !?
i use supernova style :mrgreen:
DBM

Post by DBM »

I have this up and running on my test board and it looks great. 8-)

However, I have just changed the Wordpress front end of my site and I'd like to use the Buttons menu on the header there and on static HTML pages so that there is a consistent look throughout the site.

What are the bits of code I would need to use to make the menu work outside of phpBB? All I want to do is set up the menu within phpBB, then hard code the relevant html and css into Wordpress etc.

Thanks. :)
miyukini

Post by miyukini »

Please help me.

I tried to install everything twice button my bouttons don't show like it have to.

Someone can help me? my forum

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 »

1. we cant test it anything without a test account
2. what buttons are not working?
miyukini

Post by miyukini »

I want the boutton like in the 1st message.
But it is not like it, the text is on each other and not looking good at all.
Maybe it is CSS prb? or mod? I have installed phpBB gallery

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”