[ABD] Buttons menu MOD 2.3.0 + subsilver2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: [RC] Buttons menu MOD 2.3.0 + subsilver2

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I didn't see where anyone had done this so I created a prosilver_se.xml file for this MOD.

http://phpbbace.com/support/se_menu.zip

just unzip it and add the file to the contrib folder of the MOD.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
bubban

Post by bubban »

Very nice, thank you!

I had a question, do you know of any mod whereby I can put a button on a post to allow people to click on it and their name will show up. I organise events and I would like to know how many people will be joining and who will be joining kind of like an RSVP.

Thanks
scorpiors

Post by scorpiors »

Is it working with phpbb 3.0.12
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

scorpiors wrote:Is it working with phpbb 3.0.12
Yes.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder »

The screenshot link is dead...
astpierre1959

WOW menu bar 2.3.0 mess up the admin username and password

Post by astpierre1959 »

I try installing menu bar 2.3.0.

So I did all what was asked from me, then started the php install file and I got a blank page. Waited about 15 minutes and still a blank page. So I closed the browser window and went back to the main page. Now what was my surprise to see in the login text box, my database admin username and password. I try to login with my admin username and password with no success. Got the error message invalid username or password. Also tried to send an email, nada didn't send anything. So basically I was logged out of my own forum lol.

It was a chance that I was on a testing server.

My database wasn't modify as the new tables were not installed.

What did I do wrong or is it the menu bar the culprit?

I need to specify that the phpbb web is not in the root of my website but in a folder called phpbb3. Could this be it?

Thank you all in advance

Alain
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Hi,

the MOD works great, so there should be no problem there. And it definitely has nothing to do with login. There must be another problem.

Did you use the latest UMIL?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Kamahl19 wrote:the MOD works great
I agree, I've used it since day one without an issue but it's about time it was an approved MOD IMHO.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Alphacarbon

Post by Alphacarbon »

I have an issue with this MOD in IE. the menu buttons appear below the menu, but only when viewed in IE. This isn't the case in Firefox of Chrome. Is this the same code that is used for the subheader menu in this site?

Does anyone else have my problem? Has this been worked out?
Alphacarbon

Post by Alphacarbon »

Does no one really have some insight on this IE browser issue?
watisnf.nl
Name: David

Post by watisnf.nl »

Mick wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:the MOD works great
I agree, I've used it since day one without an issue but it's about time it was an approved MOD IMHO.
Just curious, why isn't it a validated/released mod yet? It works like a charm and it's a really good and useful modification.

off-topic: I really hope that you have plans to make this for 3.1. as-well
Dutch Translator | Looking for, Dutch extensions translations
tembry

Post by tembry »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:I didn't see where anyone had done this so I created a prosilver_se.xml file for this MOD.

http://phpbbace.com/support/se_menu.zip

just unzip it and add the file to the contrib folder of the MOD.

robert
Lumpy - I tried to download your prosilver_se.xml file for this MOD but the link no longer works. Any chance you could re-upload it somewhere?

Also, I was hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction with some customizations I'd like to implement on my site.
  1. I would like to have rounded corners on the drop-down menu to match the rest of the prosilver se style, similar to this site.
  2. What would I modify to create some white padding between the header and the menu, again similar to on this site?
  3. Less important, but what font could I use to get the menu similar to the one used on this site, or would they be images?
Thanks in advance.
Martine M

Post by Martine M »

I want to install this mod in phpBB 3.012.

I tried with automod but stumbled on to these 2 errors that can not be found..

Find

Code: Select all

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH and not S_IN_SEARCH -->
Replace with

<!-- IF ( S_DISPLAY_SEARCH and not S_IN_SEARCH ) and not ( .buttons and S_MENU_SEARCH ) -->

Find

</fieldset>
				</form>
			</div>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
Add after

<!-- IF .buttons -->
      <span class="corners-bottom" style="height:0px;"><span style="display: none;"></span></span></div>
    </div>
    <div id="menu" style="clear:both;margin-top:-3px;background: url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/menu/{S_MENU_COLOR}/menu_bg.gif') repeat-x;">
    	<div class="inner">
    	<span class="menu_corner-left" style="background: url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/menu/{S_MENU_COLOR}/menu_corner.gif') no-repeat;"></span>
    	<span class="menu_corner-right" style="background: url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/menu/{S_MENU_COLOR}/menu_corner_right.gif') no-repeat;"></span>
    <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH and S_MENU_SEARCH -->
    	<div id="top-search" style="<!-- IF S_MENU_ALIGN == 'right' -->float: left;<!-- ELSE -->float: right;<!-- ENDIF -->background: transparent url('{T_THEME_PATH}/images/menu/{S_MENU_COLOR}/menu_search.gif') no-repeat scroll 0 0;">
    		<form action="{U_SEARCH}" method="post" id="search">
    		<fieldset>
    			<input name="keywords" id="keywords" type="text" maxlength="128" title="{L_SEARCH_KEYWORDS}" class="menu_search" value="<!-- IF SEARCH_WORDS-->{SEARCH_WORDS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_SEARCH_MINI}<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="if(this.value=='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}')this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}';" /> 
    			{S_SEARCH_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
    		</fieldset>
    		</form>
    	</div>
    <!-- ENDIF -->
    	<ul>
    	<!-- BEGIN buttons -->
    		<li style="float:{S_MENU_ALIGN};"<!-- IF .buttons.sub --> onmouseover="getElementsByTagName('ul')[0].style.display = 'block';" onmouseout="getElementsByTagName('ul')[0].style.display = 'none';"<!-- ENDIF -->>
          <a href="{buttons.URL}" title="{buttons.NAME}"<!-- IF buttons.EXTERNAL --> target="_blank"<!-- ENDIF --> style="font-weight:{S_MENU_WEIGHT};text-transform:{S_MENU_TEXT_TRANSFORM};">{buttons.NAME}</a>
          <!-- IF .buttons.sub -->
            <ul>
              <!-- BEGIN sub --><li><a href="{sub.URL}" title="{sub.NAME}"<!-- IF sub.EXTERNAL --> target="_blank"<!-- ENDIF --> style="font-weight:{S_MENU_WEIGHT};text-transform:{S_MENU_TEXT_TRANSFORM};">{sub.NAME}</a></li><!-- END sub -->
          	</ul>
        	<!-- ENDIF -->
        </li>
      <!-- END buttons -->
    	</ul>
    <!-- ENDIF -->
Last edited by Martine M on Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martine M

Post by Martine M »

I found it myself, remembered I removed those entries myself when adjusting de banner.
So I added those entries myself now, the last one anyway.
Last edited by Martine M on Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martine M

Post by Martine M »

I installed the mod on phpBB 3.0.12 but it does not seems to display correctly, you can see what I mean here:
http://testforum.kippenforum.nl/index.php
When I hoover over a button to get to a sub-button the bar gets wider and the sub-button then stands underneath the menu button.
This is the same in prosilver and prosilver se
I checked all entries and all seems correct, refreshed themes several times.

How do I get it to drop down out of the menu bar?

And how do I make the button corners round? All images including round corners are uploaded and theme refreshed and still I get square corners.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”