[ABD] Buttons menu MOD 2.3.0 + subsilver2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Welsh-80

Re: [RC] Buttons menu MOD 2.2.0 + subsilver2

Post by Welsh-80 »

Anyone got any ideas why the mod is looking at the wrong path?

and where i can change it?

I've looked through the edits and files and cannot find any reference to these paths :(

pleeeeeease help :oops:

Welsh-80

Post by Welsh-80 »

anyone?

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

you're using Automod? maybe you'll have to manually install it
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Sounds like you are using more then one theme... have you done the edits to those as well?

Welsh-80

Post by Welsh-80 »

Ok so now i have deleted all themes but one, prosilver_se

and have purged cache etc etc

now i have this error when i install
Buttons menu MOD
PHP Version: 5.2.14
DBMS: MySQL(i) 5.0.92-community
phpBB3 Version: 3.0.9

Refreshing the prosilver template
ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/prosilverucp_zebra_foes.html for reading.

Refreshing the prosilver Special Edition template
ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/prosilver_sesimple_header.html for reading.
Any ideas?

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Welsh-80 wrote:Ok so now i have deleted all themes but one, prosilver_se

and have purged cache etc etc

now i have this error when i install
Buttons menu MOD
PHP Version: 5.2.14
DBMS: MySQL(i) 5.0.92-community
phpBB3 Version: 3.0.9

Refreshing the prosilver template
ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/prosilverucp_zebra_foes.html for reading.

Refreshing the prosilver Special Edition template
ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/prosilver_sesimple_header.html for reading.
Any ideas?
prosilver_se is dependent on Prosilver theme. you need to have Porsilver in order to use prosilver_se

Welsh-80

Post by Welsh-80 »

I still have the prosilver template, it wouldn't let me delete that

the mod works since i deleted the other styles, but i would like to reinstate them without this mod being used on them. It doesnt seem possible though

is it?

Kaycee

Post by Kaycee »

I installed this MOD with no error. I tried to put button and drop down but nothing shown nor display. I have clear caches and purge with no result. Can someone help me? Thanks.
Last edited by Kaycee on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

did you make sure you have it enabled?
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

MagnusB

Post by MagnusB »

Welsh-80 wrote:I still have the prosilver template, it wouldn't let me delete that

the mod works since i deleted the other styles, but i would like to reinstate them without this mod being used on them. It doesnt seem possible though

is it?
It is possible, just remove the template edits in those styles. However, if you have dependent styles, using prosilver might be tricky...

Kamahl19 wrote: I really dont know how to check which buttons is active, so if you have some suggestions feel free to explain and I will make it :)
You can use the if script eq template variable, but when I looked at it, it got so complex I just figured it would be more trouble than it was worth. I got it working a little bit, like having forum active on index.php, but in the end I ditched it, cause it got so out of hand with IF's in the template...
PSNClans.com
Using: Board3 Portal, Safe Gamertag and PrettyPhoto Attachment mod

Kaycee

Post by Kaycee »

Thanks. I enable it.

seen444

Post by seen444 »

So I installed the Mod successfully and started to add buttons. I refresh themes, templates and purge cache yet the buttons do not show. Not sure what I am missing :oops:
any suggestions?

Welsh-80

Post by Welsh-80 »

mine wouldnt show until i deleted all my other styles :?

crazzzydave

Post by crazzzydave »

clear templete cache, refresh template files/theme files etc, and purge cache (general tab) to make sure old cache files are deffinately gone. Also make sure the mod is deff enabled in ACP. ;)

crazzzydave

Post by crazzzydave »

ok, got a little question. :D I removed the "view new posts" "unanswered posts" "mark forums read" links from where they normally sit in the prosilver theme (the theme i have the buttons on is a modified prosilver theme made by me) to clean the look of the board up. I copied the url that each of the above links go to, and put them in as buttons in the menu. All work fine, except the "mark forums read" link. For some reason, after a while, it stops working, and doesnt mark any of the forums read. This is the link i used "http://www.civic5.com/forum/index.php?h ... ark=forums" If I change back to prosilver theme, then go to the link on the index page, it works. If I then copy/paste the url that it's going to (same link as before but different hash= number) it works fine for so long then stops working. Any idea how I can make this work via the buttons menu, as I really don't want to put the standard link back on the forum, as it will look out of place. I removed the script

Code: Select all

'U_MARK_FORUMS'      => ($user->data['is_registered'] || $config['load_anon_lastread']) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}index.$phpEx", 'hash=' . generate_link_hash('global') . '&mark=forums') : '',
so that it is not displayed as a text link in the forum. Is there any way I can make this work via the buttons, or will it have to go back to being the standard text link?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”