[ABD] Proxy Revealer Olympus 0.3.3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
jasmineaura
Name: Jasmine

Re: [DEV] Proxy Revealer Olympus 0.3.3

Post by jasmineaura » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:37 am

JBeastly wrote:I get this error when I try to install it:

Should I still install it, or is it very important?
I have not validated the P.R.O. MOD for use with AUTOMOD yet... Also, 0.3.3 release is not recommended for use on a live forum due to several bugs being worked out (Notice the warnings all over, and in the first page of this DEV thread). Work is underway to release 0.4.0 with lots of bugfixes, updates, and newly added features soon... Please be patient, it will come soon enough :)

JBeastly

Post by JBeastly » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:33 pm

jasmineaura wrote:
JBeastly wrote:I get this error when I try to install it:

Should I still install it, or is it very important?
I have not validated the P.R.O. MOD for use with AUTOMOD yet... Also, 0.3.3 release is not recommended for use on a live forum due to several bugs being worked out (Notice the warnings all over, and in the first page of this DEV thread). Work is underway to release 0.4.0 with lots of bugfixes, updates, and newly added features soon... Please be patient, it will come soon enough :)
Okay sorry :oops:

ikkeook

Post by ikkeook » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:02 am

Did insatll this on a fresh board and seems like its working

dunno how and wot to set it but you can have a look at it iff you like

This is the board

http://www.kabauter1.nl/aapjes/

iff you like to have the admin inlog please contact me at

http://www.kabauter1.nl/forum/

warm greetings from a cold holland
Need help with your board we setup a board for you for free yest contact me

jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:18 am

ikkeook, it doesn't seem to be active at all (you probably missed some edits)

please note that there are bugs in this version, that if u installed it correctly, you will not be able to login again. These bugs are described superfluously in previous page of this thread, and changes have been comitted to SVN. Please be patient as I will probably make a new release with several fixes / updates and additions some time this week. Just subscribe to the thread if you would like to get notification when I do post about the update :)

thanks

ikkeook

Post by ikkeook » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:58 pm

jasmineaura wrote:ikkeook, it doesn't seem to be active at all (you probably missed some edits)

please note that there are bugs in this version, that if u installed it correctly, you will not be able to login again. These bugs are described superfluously in previous page of this thread, and changes have been comitted to SVN. Please be patient as I will probably make a new release with several fixes / updates and additions some time this week. Just subscribe to the thread if you would like to get notification when I do post about the update :)

thanks
aahhhhh right i didnt logout yet so it did work as i did logout i couldnt login no more lmao

yes sure where do i find the link to subscribe?
Last edited by ikkeook on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Need help with your board we setup a board for you for free yest contact me

jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:06 pm

ikkeook wrote: yes sure where do i find the link to subscribe?
click edit on ur last post here, and look below in "Options" for "Notify me when a reply is posted", check that box, and click submit

cheers

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi there , i think i lost some piece here lol, i'm using phpbb 3.05 and i want to try to install this mod. Are there any known bugs or soething that i should edit after the mod has been installed? thanks in advance for your reply.

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:29 pm

*BUMP*

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:01 pm

*bump*

jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:25 pm

sorry, been a bit busy with work lately... will try to resume this very soon :)

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:23 pm

jasmineaura wrote:sorry, been a bit busy with work lately... will try to resume this very soon :)
cool i thought it was abandoned.... good to know you are still there with this mod. I can't wait to see it fixed. :ugeek:

HarshReality

Post by HarshReality » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:42 am

Cool, got SVN tonight and noticed some of your edits. While the edits are validated and SVN code applied I will say that login is possible. Flash is disabled (as I am not running the pingback server/script) and the script on the whole seems to be disabled. So.. I'll simply follow along.

jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:11 am

HarshReality wrote:Cool, got SVN tonight and noticed some of your edits. While the edits are validated and SVN code applied I will say that login is possible. Flash is disabled (as I am not running the pingback server/script) and the script on the whole seems to be disabled. So.. I'll simply follow along.
The MOD shouldn't really be disabled "as a whole" if you're not running the perl script (xmlsockd) for flash... All other default checks should still work, and default blocking methods like XSS / RealPlayer should still work.. Java however, that's another story and I described a lot of it in one of my previous posts

You might have either disabled the MOD in its settings in .MODS and forgot about it, or something is missing in functions.php or session.php

Neuropass

Post by Neuropass » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Neuropass wrote:
jasmineaura wrote:sorry, been a bit busy with work lately... will try to resume this very soon :)
cool i thought it was abandoned.... good to know you are still there with this mod. I can't wait to see it fixed. :ugeek:

Any news bud?

jasmineaura

Post by jasmineaura » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 am

Neuropass wrote: Any news bud?
Sorry about the late response, I gave up last time I have been doing more research on the Java part, and got caught up with real-life work for a bit.

Was hoping to see either an update from sun that resolves this java plugin issue i reported more than a year ago:
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bu ... id=6756165

But so far nothing...

I did some R&D work (2 months back) on the new-generation Java plugin in terms of the new Cross-Domain XML Support and JNLP support to see if I can exploit the new features in favor of this MOD , as a possible workaround for previously mentioned bug, but unfortunately the bug still triggers when the cross-linked domain reverse-IP lookup doesn't resolve back to the same domain. And even when the cross-linked domain reverse-resolves properly, the progress happens waaaaaay too slow to even be of practical use in this MOD :?

I guess I will just have to live with the original Java applet (and re-mention the limitation for people who are not fortunate enough to have their servers IP reverse-resolve back to the same domain hosting their forum) and move on, for now...

Cross your fingers for now, and hopefully I may be able to get some more things added / fixed (now that I have some time off), and maybe we'll have a release this month :mrgreen:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”