[ABD] TinyMCE integration

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
garak
Name: Massimiliano Arione

Re: [DEV] TinyMCE integration

Post by garak »

SFGolfer wrote:I am using the ProSilver Special Edition theme.
1) When the edit screen first appears, the old editor briefly appears before it is replace by TinyMCE. From there, TinyMCE seems to work just fine.
It's normal. It's just the way unobtrusive javascript is working.
SFGolfer wrote: 1) The hard returns are not treated as <p> but gets inserted into the html as <br />. When the post is re-edited in TinyMCE, the paragraphs are separated as single space and not double space.
You can try to alter the TinyMCE config file and see what's happening. See official wiki.
SFGolfer wrote: 2) The resulting post is not formatted the same as it appears in TinyMCE. The font weight, size and colors do not get formatted.
This is the resulting html...
I don't see the point of posting html... the result is a bbcode formatted text, html is just used by TinyMCE for visual editor.
quocanh83

Post by quocanh83 »

quocanh83 wrote:hum sry my eng not well.
I think this mod auto change my link with
http://+path server + old link img . It auto insert path server with all link' image
i have just repair it. i add some into tiny_mce_config.js

Code: Select all

convert_urls : false,
           remove_script_host : false,
           relative_urls : true,
IF somebody like me. u can repair it
faldoroc

Post by faldoroc »

garak wrote:
faldoroc wrote:I've corrected the list-functions in the editor_plugin.js-file, if you can't get the list-function to work, just paste this instead of the one above :)
Please, can you explain what you modified? I tried a diff and just noticed some newlines removed, but it's not working well for me.
Thank you
I believe it might have to do different versions of TinyMCE, they might act differently. It may also be a result of different webbrowsers, the editor_plugin.js that you posted wasn't working on my brower (IE7) so if other ppl have the same problem they can try my modifications :)
EphesiansSix

Post by EphesiansSix »

I'm very interested in TinyMCE as my users aren't terribly forum savvy :) Would the instructions differ for integration into phpBB 2 instead of 3? If so, and if not too much trouble, could you post them please? Thanks!
garak

Post by garak »

EphesiansSix wrote:I'm very interested in TinyMCE as my users aren't terribly forum savvy :) Would the instructions differ for integration into phpBB 2 instead of 3? If so, and if not too much trouble, could you post them please? Thanks!
I never even tried. I suppose it could be a little difficult, but after all it's just a matter of templates.
I'm sorry but I don't have time to install phpbb2 and dig into it. One phpbb is enough for me :)
EphesiansSix

Post by EphesiansSix »

Understood, thanks. If I figure it out, I'll post here.
master1986

Post by master1986 »

how do we enable the advanced mode?

which files should be amended?
garak

Post by garak »

master1986 wrote:how do we enable the advanced mode?
which files should be amended?
If you are talking about TinyMCE advanced mode, I suggest you to take a look to wiki (as mentioned above). The file you should modify is styles/prosilver/template/tiny_mce_config.js
jalijack

Post by jalijack »

Hi,
Thank you for your instruction, I tried, can post, but when I view the post, it's not what I like, something like:
dfsd <span style="font-weight: bold;">dgf gdsfgdsf sfsd <span style="font-style: italic;">sdfgsdfsdfd sdfdsf</span></span>
<span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">fh dfh</span>
dsfsdfsdfsdfsdf
mean it replace special character by >, <...
How can i fix this?

Thank you
jalijack
garak

Post by garak »

jalijack wrote:Hi,
Thank you for your instruction, I tried, can post, but when I view the post, it's not what I like, something like:
dfsd <span style="font-weight: bold;">dgf gdsfgdsf sfsd <span style="font-style: italic;">sdfgsdfsdfd sdfdsf</span></span>
<span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">fh dfh</span>
dsfsdfsdfsdfsdf
mean it replace special character by >, <...
How can i fix this?
What browser are you using? Can you please double check if you followed correctly every step?
UpperSt

Post by UpperSt »

Hi,

Installed on a (pretty much) vanilla 3x install.
All loads well except it looks like a language(?) file isn't working correctly.
Hover over the Bold, for example, and it reads 'advanced_bold_desc' - same for all the other buttons.

I've been over the files a few times but cannot see what's wrong/ missing.

Thanks.

EDIT - SOLVED:
I'll leave my 'mistake' above just in case anyone else comes across this.
The problem is in the tiny_mce_config.js
I didn't see this:
language : "it", /* adapt this to your locale! */

As my board is in English, I needed to change this to:
language : "en",

All better now!
UpperSt

Post by UpperSt »

Sorry to double post but ... Anyone know how to get image uploads working with TinyMCE?

I have it working on a CMS and have compared the code but cannot work out how to implement it here.
jalijack

Post by jalijack »

hi garak,

By default phpBB3 does not enable html rendering, I tried to installed enable html mod, and do some hacking, It works for me now with advanced mode _http://www.lithiumstudios.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=535

But I can not insert inline file attachment now.:(

Thanks
garak

Post by garak »

jalijack wrote: By default phpBB3 does not enable html rendering, I tried to installed enable html mod, and do some hacking, It works for me now with advanced mode _http://www.lithiumstudios.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=535
TinyMCE integration is not meant to insert html in messages. It converts bbcode to html just for visual purposes, then converts again html to bbcode when message in sent.
Pseudonym

Post by Pseudonym »

Very cool mod, Garak. I've been waiting for this for a while now.

Obviously this is still in development stage, but what are the current limitations? Have you got WYSIWYG Quotes working nicely? Inline files?

Very exciting - I'll keep an eye on your progress! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”