Page 1 of 3

[ABD] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:36 pm
by vsabah
:arrow: Modification Name: Hide Topic Content From Guests
:arrow: Author: VSaBaH [ http://www.phpbbturkey.com ]

:arrow: Modification Description: This mod allows you to hide post content from guests. Only shows post topic and users who reply this post to them. When a guest clicks post topic, he/she gets a message in all posts to login or registy. (You can turn on/off this mod from acp.)
:arrow: Modification Version: 1.0.1
:arrow: phpBB Version: 3.0.x or higher
:arrow: Installation Level: Easy (~4 min)


:arrow: Screenshots:
Image

:arrow: Demo URL: [Coming Soon...]

:arrow: Modification Download: http://www.volkansabah.com/dosyalar/Hid ... _1_0_1.zip

:arrow: Supported Languages:
  • English
  • Turkish
  • [ If you want to add your language, you can send me your language file and buttons]
:idea: Author Note:
Any testing, comments, or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:47 pm
by Uchiha Sasuke
i have a question about the mod itself. can it only hide the contents of the topic with bbcodes instead of forcing users to register to see the whole content ? for example suppose there is a bbcode for filesharing like rapidshare megaupload etc. if i put a link in there and log out then when i browse the topic it will display the contents of the topic normally ecept near the end of the content there will be a prosilver style message that states the content is on available only to registered guests only. maybe show it like this:

Code: Select all

Topic: example
Subject: an example of a topic

this is a test
Download Link:
please login or register to view the links

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 am
by 4_seven
maybe with this one?

[BETA] Hide Content 4 Groups - v.0.0.8.b
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1109225

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:14 am
by vsabah
Uchiha Sasuke wrote:i have a question about the mod itself. can it only hide the contents of the topic with bbcodes instead of forcing users to register to see the whole content ? for example suppose there is a bbcode for filesharing like rapidshare megaupload etc. if i put a link in there and log out then when i browse the topic it will display the contents of the topic normally ecept near the end of the content there will be a prosilver style message that states the content is on available only to registered guests only. maybe show it like this:

Code: Select all

Topic: example
Subject: an example of a topic
 :idea: 
this is a test
Download Link:
please login or register to view the links
You can use this:
:arrow: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=669275
or
:arrow: 4_seven's MOD...!

:idea: This mod ( [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests )will hide all content from guests...

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:01 pm
by vsabah
Examples from other systems;
SMF: http://www.narkozfilm.com/forum/index.php?topic=28.0
vBulletin: http://www.forumcambaz.com/im-hacking-s ... sleri.html

I didn't see it at phpBB that's why i coded it... ;)

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:30 am
by eman80
Thank you very nice mod :D

But I have a question:

Does this mod affect bots indexing ?

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:58 am
by MrMontana
bots do not help anyway unless you paid for your search engine submition.

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:15 pm
by vsabah
eman80 wrote:Thank you very nice mod :D

But I have a question:

Does this mod affect bots indexing ?
EDIT: Code chances deleted

REASON: Already All bots are a user in phpBB3 :)

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:47 pm
by eman80
vsabah wrote:
eman80 wrote:Thank you very nice mod :D

But I have a question:

Does this mod affect bots indexing ?
EDIT: Code chances deleted

REASON: Already All bots are a user in phpBB3 :)

Thank you very much for the info.

Regards

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:03 am
by katib
Really a nice mod
Thanks a lot

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:33 pm
by vsabah
katib wrote:Really a nice mod
Thanks a lot
Thanks for your comment. ;)

Please follow this topic for updates.

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:21 pm
by Shaolin38
basically, i have downloaded your mod "Hide Topic Content From Guests", but i am using acid tech green as the theme, how would i apply your mod to my forum, because i have tried to install many other mods before, but they have seemed to mess up my forum... thanks

http://www.quriousminds.com

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:05 pm
by vsabah
Shaolin38 wrote:basically, i have downloaded your mod "Hide Topic Content From Guests", but i am using acid tech green as the theme, how would i apply your mod to my forum, because i have tried to install many other mods before, but they have seemed to mess up my forum... thanks

http://www.quriousminds.com
If your theme is this:
http://www.stsoftware.biz/phpbb3/index. ... tech_green

You must do subsilver2 changes for your theme. You can find this changes in install.xml

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:16 pm
by Shaolin38
yeah thats the one.... thanks alot!

Re: [BETA] Hide Topic Content From Guests

Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:23 pm
by Shaolin38
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/includes/functions.php on line 3527

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/includes/functions.php on line 3529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/includes/functions.php on line 3530

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/language/en/common.php:1) in /home/secrett7/public_html/quriousminds/includes/functions.php on line 3531


followed the subsilver instructions, yet comes out with this, and im not able to sign in the administrator panel