[ABD] World of Warcraft Armory Tooltips

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
sfrankiel

Re: [RC] World of Warcraft Armory Tooltips

Post by sfrankiel » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:58 pm

I copied the default.php to config.php in the WAT directory, edited the config for US Armory. The demo page works fine, (Dispalys from the US armory as well) it is just with the forums themselves. Could their be some conflicting JS or CSS that is involved? Can i get you any more info, or would you like to see the issue?

SAFFLEUR

Post by SAFFLEUR » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:41 pm

sfrankiel wrote:I copied the default.php to config.php in the WAT directory, edited the config for US Armory. The demo page works fine, (Dispalys from the US armory as well) it is just with the forums themselves. Could their be some conflicting JS or CSS that is involved? Can i get you any more info, or would you like to see the issue?
make sure you change the link in the BB Code to be US too.

Notalda

Post by Notalda » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:56 pm

sfrankiel wrote:I copied the default.php to config.php in the WAT directory, edited the config for US Armory. The demo page works fine, (Dispalys from the US armory as well) it is just with the forums themselves. Could their be some conflicting JS or CSS that is involved? Can i get you any more info, or would you like to see the issue?
A link to the forums (in PM, if you don't want to make it public) would be best, I think.

Notalda

Post by Notalda » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 pm

dragondin wrote:It's ok now. He run correctly.

May be I think the mod need to be update with the Death Knight class. :mrgreen:
As soon as DKs appear on armory, I'll update the mod. Might be possible to do it earlier, but I'd rather not risk it.

Notalda

Post by Notalda » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:35 am

After some more investigation, it seems that WAT conflicts with Mootools (and probably a few other libraries aswell). As a workaround until I can figure out how to remove that conflict, try including the wat.js.php file at the very bottom of your template, instead of in the head.

That will, hopefully, allow both to work. I'm not 100% sure, though, as I haven't been able to test that both work, but after moving the WAT stuff to the end, tooltips started to work. So that's at least a half success!

dragondin

Post by dragondin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Notalda

Do you think it's possible to have icon like this with Race and Class ?

Thanks for your work

Notalda

Post by Notalda » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 am

dragondin wrote:Hi Notalda

Do you think it's possible to have icon like this with Race and Class ?

Thanks for your work
Yes, it's already implemented in the development version (to be released early next week). If you want to test it, you can grab the development tree from here, the documentation & demo is updated there aswell.

You can see it working at the development demo, too.

dragondin

Post by dragondin » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Ok it's great now with icon :D

I try this version now.
I will doing a feedback if I have a problem with them.

Thanks

Notalda

Post by Notalda » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 am

Version 2.0.4, bringing class & race icons, along with char tooltips has been released.

xVAMPx

Post by xVAMPx » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:49 am

Notalda wrote: Yes, it's already implemented in the development version (to be released early next week). If you want to test it, you can grab the development tree from here, the documentation & demo is updated there aswell.

You can see it working at the development demo, too.
Hi i use this mod but i have errors..
i dont know what i've made wrong..
this is my testpage: http://www.evilarmy.de/wowarmory_tooltip/tools/test.php

i have a few errors like this:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: page in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 373

Notice: Undefined index: attributes in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 367

Notice: Undefined index: attributes in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 371

Notice: Undefined index: page::characterinfo in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 373

Notice: Undefined index: value in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 372

Notice: Undefined index: page::characterinfo::character in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 373

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 410

Notice: Undefined index: page in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 373

Notice: Undefined index: attributes in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 367

Notice: Undefined index: attributes in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 371

Notice: Undefined index: page::characterinfo in /www/htdocs/v027988/ea/wowarmory_tooltip/includes/phpArmory.class.php on line 373
Can no one help me in german??

Microbone

Post by Microbone » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:29 am

testing the mod now....its a nice mod mate

using it without caching and it works fine, there´s one thing though that is a bit wierd.

amory char linking works fine, hovering over the link and info is shown a moment or 2 later

item linking though I can hover a link and it looks like its trying to fetch the info, but nothing happens. It keeps on trying to fetch, but not showing any info. When I then remove the mouse and then again hover over the link the item info is shown right away. This happens every first time I do this on an item link...

Best regards

ssbltz

Post by ssbltz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:36 am

I get following error instead of the Tooltip. Can someone help me?

EDIT 24. October 08
The error no longer appears above, PDO was deactivated in PHP.

Now I have the following error
Error connecting to the armory.
Here is the link to my test.php

http://sneaky.pytalhost.de/forum/wowarm ... s/test.php

sarbian

Post by sarbian » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:09 pm

Notalda wrote:Version 2.0.4, bringing class & race icons, along with char tooltips has been released.

Notalda

Post by Notalda » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:11 am

xVAMPx wrote: Hi i use this mod but i have errors..
i dont know what i've made wrong..
this is my testpage: http://www.evilarmy.de/wowarmory_tooltip/tools/test.php
Those are "Notices", they can be safely ignored. I will amend the test page in the next version to hide those. It's perfectly normal in that case to have these.

The problem with your installation is that you specified a template which does not seem to exist. Either create (or copy & modify the default) the template you set up in config.php, or set it back to "default". The template in the WAT configuration refers to the template WAT uses, it has nothing to do with the template your phpBB installation uses.

Notalda

Post by Notalda » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:14 am

Microbone wrote:amory char linking works fine, hovering over the link and info is shown a moment or 2 later

item linking though I can hover a link and it looks like its trying to fetch the info, but nothing happens. It keeps on trying to fetch, but not showing any info. When I then remove the mouse and then again hover over the link the item info is shown right away. This happens every first time I do this on an item link...
Yes, I experienced similar behaviour from time to time. Right now, I think it might happen when the tooltip contains broken images (in 2.0.4 that is the case, as some of the icons were moved on armory, and 2.0.4 is not updated in that regard yet).

The master branch is already fixed, if you want to try. I don't have this problem anymore with that version.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”