[ABD] Invite A Friend 0.7.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
cfotoceo

Re: [BETA] Invite A Friend 0.6.1

Post by cfotoceo »

I am good to go, I did not understand the:

Prevent abuse:
Make sure that the IP address of the sender doesn’t match the one of the invited user. Recommended if you use reward systems.

I turned it off. After every Mod I do, I create a test account to see if I can log in and conduct other function checks. I then delete the test account. I now know to turn the above option off when I need to test the board...

The is great!

http://www.itsallaboutmusic.net
pmuppala

Post by pmuppala »

Bycoja wrote:
pmuppala wrote:Thanks a bunch, now it works like a charm. I have one more question, if you do not mind, when I click on the invite a friend link, I get variables display { UCP_INVITE_INVITE }, { UCP_INVITE_DESCRIPTION }, { RECIPIENT_EMAIL }:,
{ RECIPIENT_NAME }:

where can I modify this parameters?
You don't have to modifty them as they're included in the language files belonging to this MOD. You have either forgot to upload them (copy root/language to the language folder of your phpbb installation) or you are using a language which is not english, german or turkish. In this case you would have to create your own translation.

Thanks a bunch for your help. I greatly appreciate it.
pmuppala

Post by pmuppala »

Bycoja wrote:
pmuppala wrote:Thanks a bunch, now it works like a charm. I have one more question, if you do not mind, when I click on the invite a friend link, I get variables display { UCP_INVITE_INVITE }, { UCP_INVITE_DESCRIPTION }, { RECIPIENT_EMAIL }:,
{ RECIPIENT_NAME }:

where can I modify this parameters?
You don't have to modifty them as they're included in the language files belonging to this MOD. You have either forgot to upload them (copy root/language to the language folder of your phpbb installation) or you are using a language which is not english, german or turkish. In this case you would have to create your own translation.

Thank you very much, I fixed the issue, by copying the files into /language/en_us/mods. Thanks again for giving the right direction and helping me in fixing this issue.
iliveudie

Post by iliveudie »

Ok, a little help please? This is my first Mod installing, and I read over install guides and what not...

"Copy: root/includes/functions_invite.php
To: includes/functions_invite.php"

Where do I copy it to? The MOD folder still? Or to the root of my board? Under includes/function_invite.php?

Thanks for helping the newbie!
cfotoceo

Post by cfotoceo »

Go to: Includes and drop the Functions file into that folder.
iliveudie

Post by iliveudie »

Ok, so I go to the Invite_a_friend folder, then ROOT, to INCLUDES, to to FUNCTIONS_INVITE.PHP, and drop it to the root of my board? Under the includes section?

And i know I should change the install section, I am installing this on a test forum first!

Like this?

iliveudie

Post by iliveudie »

Got it installed! Thank you!

Just installed Ultimate points, how would I make it so that People get POINTS per successful invite made?
Bycoja

Post by Bycoja »

Take a look at the screenshot of the ACP settings in my first post. After successfully installing Ultimate Points its settings ought to show up in the invitation settings automatically.
apnaitaly

Post by apnaitaly »

first of all very nice mod and very usefull mod , Thanks for hardworking

well i want to ask how i can send multipule email sent to user i mean if i want to sent invitation to 10 users 1 time is it possible ?

if its possible please can you explain how have to write email addresse in the box i mean with "," or ";"
Bycoja

Post by Bycoja »

apnaitaly wrote:well i want to ask how i can send multipule email sent to user i mean if i want to sent invitation to 10 users 1 time is it possible ?
I'm afraid this isn't possible at the moment, but as you can see if you check out the the git repository this feature has already been added to the development branch of the next release.
apnaitaly wrote:if its possible please can you explain how have to write email addresse in the box i mean with "," or ";"
You won't have to separate the e-mail addresses but click on the icon to add or remove additional recipients:

apnaitaly

Post by apnaitaly »

first of all thanks for reply

but i dont have add or remove additional recipients
Bycoja

Post by Bycoja »

As already mentioned above, multiple recipients aren't available at the moment but in development. This screenshot shows the current state of the github dev branch.
CheeRees

Re: [BETA] Invite A Friend 0.5.4

Post by CheeRees »

Bycoja wrote:
CheeRees wrote:It's possible to add "top 10" function to this mod?
I've got this on my to-do-list. I'm also going to add the possibility to specify the tracking time frame, so you can hold, for instance, monthly contests.
Hi Bycoja! How about this feature? Something new? Thanks a lot
C.
  • OurTube - YouTube clone for your phpBB !
Bycoja

Post by Bycoja »

I was not going to add this feature with the next release actually as 0.6.2 contains a lot of new stuff already, sorry. Expect this to be added with 0.6.3.
napus

Post by napus »

I can't register on my board because of message:
You must not use registration keys you sent to yourself

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”