[ABD] Invite A Friend 0.7.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Bycoja

Re: [BETA] Invite A Friend 0.5.2

Post by Bycoja » Mon May 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Kharon wrote:How can reset the record invitations ? (acp)
What do you mean exactly? If you want to reset the profile data, simply delete all entries in "phpbb_invite_log"-table where register_key_used = 1
can i send to my whole mail list contacts at once ?
You can't send invitations to more than one e-mail each time at the moment. (it's on my ToDo-list already)

updown

Post by updown » Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 am

Thanks for this great MOD! The coding seems to be very well developed and works very smooth so far! 8-)

enkigur

Post by enkigur » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:13 pm

Is there a possibility to allow "inviting friends" only for special users or groups?
or e.g. allow inviting only for users with 50 messages and more?

Bycoja

Post by Bycoja » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Is there a possibility to allow "inviting friends" only for special users or groups?
You can change the group permissions in ACP.

updown

Post by updown » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 pm

The Log is extremely detailed, but i'm still missing all the invitations-info in each user's ACP USERS OVERVIEW panel (like in the public profile, but without any limitations or pre-selections, all infos like invitations-count, registrations and usernames).

Could you please implement this for one of the next releases?

enkigur

Post by enkigur » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:19 pm

Bycoja wrote:
You can change the group permissions in ACP.
thank you for the quick reply...

but is it possible to give the invitation permission to users with a minimum number of posts, for example users with 50 messages and more?

The Robot

Post by The Robot » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:11 am

With the update to 5.0 did it also become compatible with simple points?

Bycoja

Post by Bycoja » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:32 am

but is it possible to give the invitation permission to users with a minimum number of posts, for example users with 50 messages and more?
Take a look at the settings (General settings->Limit invitations).
You can set the 1st and 3rd input field to 0 and the 2nd to 50. This means you can't send any invitations if you haven't created any posts yet. The number of possible invitations increases every 50 posts by 1.

e.g.
user1 (0 posts): can't send any invitation
user2 (50 posts): 1 invitation
user3 (736 posts): 15 invitations
With the update to 5.0 did it also become compatible with simple points?
No, it did not (only Advanced Points)
Yes.

maryrk

Post by maryrk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:15 am

May I make a feature request?

I'd like to be able generate one invitation code that multiple people could use. Ideally, the code could be set to be limited to [x] number of people.

How hard would that be to add?

Bycoja

Post by Bycoja » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:29 am

I'd like to be able generate one invitation code that multiple people could use. Ideally, the code could be set to be limited to [x] number of people.
I don't get the advantage over the current system, can you tell me?

maryrk

Post by maryrk » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:30 pm

Our organization is migrating to phpBB3 from an ancient newsgroup. Since the two are totally incompatible, we have to ask all our members to re-register on the BB. It's a private board, so the nightmare is going to be that we'll have to hand verify each member as they register.

The membership management software we're using will allow me to send form letters, but there's a limit to the kinds of mail merge I can do with it. Specifically, I'm only going to be able to send the registration code as part of the normal text.

Most people will assume that it is an individually generated code. And if I have a code that I can limit to, say 100 people, then I don't have to worry about it getting into the wild and causing damage. Sending out 17 variations of the letter is easier than sending 1700.

I could also see it being a useful feature for someone who wanted to post an invitation via twitter to a beta test of a board. "First 50 people can get in free!" Or something like that.

Bycoja

Post by Bycoja » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Couldn't your problem be solved by adding a CC-field to the form, so you can send the same invitation+key to all addresses entered there?
I was going to add this feature anyway.

updown

Post by updown » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Bycoja wrote:
Yes.
Hi Bycoja, thanks in advance!

There's an other thing I've thought about:

If an invited person does NOT use the direct invitation-link or his personal invitation-key at registration, there could be an additional way to link his registration to the inviter by his email-address. So, can you think of a possibility to make an additional check on users registering without key, if there has been sent one ore more invitation to this adress and then trigger the invitation-confirmation for the last inviter?

What do you think about that?

Bycoja

Post by Bycoja » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:57 pm

If an invited person does NOT use the direct invitation-link or his personal invitation-key at registration, there could be an additional way to link his registration to the inviter by his email-address. So, can you think of a possibility to make an additional check on users registering without key, if there has been sent one ore more invitation to this adress and then trigger the invitation-confirmation for the last inviter?
I already thought about this, and I'm going to add it anyway. As I'm quite busy at the moment, it will take some time till the next release.

buncos

Post by buncos » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks, needed this mod :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”