[ABD] Scheduled Group Membership

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
future74
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by future74 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am

YAY :)

Will you be removing the PM to AM crossover block at all ?, I know others have asked the same question before.

king577
Registered User
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by king577 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Can I set a default membership time for each group in her group settings?
Sorry for the mistakes I do from time to time in English. This is not my native language. I am trying to improve my English, so please notify me about any mistakes I make. Thanks! :)

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17050
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:04 pm

king577 wrote:Can I set a default membership time for each group in her group settings?
It's on a per-user basis right now. Default is "forever" since there are no time settings.
future74 wrote:Will you be removing the PM to AM crossover block at all ?, I know others have asked the same question before.
I've actually lost track of all issues/suggestions reported. I'm going to have to create a github repo for this to keep better track :roll:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

mut2nt
Registered User
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:22 pm
Location: HELL
Name: none mut2nt
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by mut2nt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:36 pm

Do you have instalation for subsilver2 ?

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17050
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by DavidIQ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:26 pm

This is mostly in the ACP, or at least the main parts are. The template edits for prosilver aren't really necessary.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

future74
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by future74 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi,

This is the issue i was referring to davidiq.

scheduling a user from 10pm to 2am gives an error.

Information

End time cannot be before start time.

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17050
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by DavidIQ » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:04 am

Well...10 PM is after 2 AM. Not much I can do there. I understand that you're trying to make it span the "graveyard shift" but that's just not possible right now...I'd have to re-do the logic for it to do that and I haven't even looked at the code in...8 months? :shock:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

future74
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by future74 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi,

After doing a fresh installation i found a problem i never noticed before. When i finish adding the last code changes to the file includes/auth.php and return to my forum the Test out user's Permissions option no longer works. The link in the overall_header.html disappears.... Restore permissions.

Code: Select all

<!-- IF U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS --> &nbsp;<a href="{U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}">{L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}</a><!-- ENDIF -->

future74
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by future74 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:40 pm

I have isolated the problem to one line. the rest of the coding allows the test permissions option to work.

Find

Code: Select all

else if (!trim($userdata['user_permissions']))
		{
			$this->acl_cache($userdata);
		}
After Add

Code: Select all

//BEGIN - Scheduled Group Membership
		else if (user_has_sgm($userdata['user_id']))
		{
			$this->acl_cache($userdata);
		}
//END - Scheduled Group Membership

future74
Registered User
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 am
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by future74 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:14 pm

I figured the problem out on my own, here is the fix.

The first two steps in the auth.php need to change to..

Find

Code: Select all

$this->acl = $this->cache = $this->acl_options = array();
Add after

Code: Select all

//BEGIN - Scheduled Group Membership
		if (!function_exists('user_has_sgm'))
		{
			global $phpbb_root_path, $phpEx;
			include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_groups_scheduling.' . $phpEx);
		}
		//END - Scheduled Group Membership
Find

Code: Select all

$this->acl_options['id'][$row['auth_option']] = (int) $row['auth_option_id'];
				$this->acl_options['option'][(int) $row['auth_option_id']] = $row['auth_option'];
			}
Add After

Code: Select all

//BEGIN - Scheduled Group Membership
		if (user_has_sgm($userdata['user_id']))
		{
			$this->acl_cache($userdata);
		}
		//END - Scheduled Group Membership

User avatar
RiTz21
Registered User
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 5:20 pm

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by RiTz21 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:27 pm

future74 wrote:Hi,

After doing a fresh installation i found a problem i never noticed before. When i finish adding the last code changes to the file includes/auth.php and return to my forum the Test out user's Permissions option no longer works. The link in the overall_header.html disappears.... Restore permissions:
Ouch - this issue would prevent me from using this other wise very nice mod! Will it be fixed 'officially'?!
Image

User avatar
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Posts: 17050
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Fishkill, NY
Name: David Colón
Contact:

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by DavidIQ » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:26 pm

RiTz21 wrote:Will it be fixed 'officially'?!
Yes it will be. Since code to fix the issue has been provided I can just use that. :)
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

User avatar
RiTz21
Registered User
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 5:20 pm

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by RiTz21 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:14 am

DavidIQ wrote:
RiTz21 wrote:Will it be fixed 'officially'?!
Yes it will be. Since code to fix the issue has been provided I can just use that. :)
Awesome!!
Here is what I want to do - can you please let me know if this would be doable with this mod?

Scenario #1:
I place a user in the ELITE_GROUP for 1 year. After exactly 1 year, the person is removed from ELITE_GROUP and his 'default' group is restored to MEMBER_GROUP.

Scenario #2:
Users are organized in 3 groups - REGULARS, VETERAN and ELITE:
2.1 After 1 year, a VETERAN user is removed from his group, and defaulted to REGULARS
2.2 After 1 year, an ELITE user can be removed from both ELITE and VETERAN groups, and defaulted to the REGULAR group.

Are these scenarios possible with this Mod? THANKS!!
Image

User avatar
RiTz21
Registered User
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 5:20 pm

Re: [BETA2] Scheduled Group Membership

Post by RiTz21 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:39 pm

RiTz21 wrote:
DavidIQ wrote:
RiTz21 wrote:Will it be fixed 'officially'?!
Yes it will be. Since code to fix the issue has been provided I can just use that. :)
Awesome!!
Here is what I want to do - can you please let me know if this would be doable with this mod?

Scenario #1:
I place a user in the ELITE_GROUP for 1 year. After exactly 1 year, the person is removed from ELITE_GROUP and his 'default' group is restored to MEMBER_GROUP.

Scenario #2:
Users are organized in 3 groups - REGULARS, VETERAN and ELITE:
2.1 After 1 year, a VETERAN user is removed from his group, and defaulted to REGULARS
2.2 After 1 year, an ELITE user can be removed from both ELITE and VETERAN groups, and defaulted to the REGULAR group.

Are these scenarios possible with this Mod? THANKS!!
hello? Anybody home?


Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”