[ABD]Mk Portal / phpBB3 Arcade 0.0.6 (update)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
easygo

Re: [Dev]Mk Portal / phpBB3 Arcade 0.0.5

Post by easygo »

ThunderCrew wrote:#4
The only thing I know is that a user
named ThunderCrew didn't ask me for anything! There was no request from you until now.
Whysoever, you must have known about my own creations, released months ago.
as I said before and say again the top 3 arcade leaders you show is totaly called upon differently then in my coding so again HOW would that be ripping or violating anything on your work?

Explain here because I am 100% lost about this. I do not know of any release you have done AND the coding I have done is my own with tips and help off JR so I really am lost why I would have to ask you for any freakin thing here :idea: and the no request until now bit ? I still have not requested anything except an explination from you :?

PS if you see this thread http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=863415

Thats when I was working on it for board 3 portal back in march :roll: before I changed to mk portal

by ThunderCrew » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:31 pm that is 9 months ago when I had started working on this stuff for board 3 and even then I did not know anything about you suposedly doing these too :roll: :ugeek:
Well, I might just luv to see that CREATORS create something NEW as you did for some other
cool arcade blocks, and I respect it! That's the point and I hope it's fair enough ??

Anyway, it was just a déjà vu thing by stumbling in the wrong topic. :mrgreen:

P.P.S. Yea, I've seen here :: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5&start=60
what you meant to do right after the enlightened one has tacked to you in order to get my creation :/
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Ok so let me see if I am clear now ....
You like most of my arcade blocks I assume like the drop down of user favorites, the tokens add on, the most plays , favorite plays, etc etc etc BUT just because I also add in a message scroller for latest high scores, a comment box that you assumed was a shoutbox and the top 3 players I have somehow touched a sore spot with you?

Name one single site that has an arcade be it phpbb3 ibproarcade or anything that uses a portal OR internal pages that is in devolopment mode or finished mode that does not try to have this by writting it thierself OR by seeking others who have like jr, you, me and whoever else :roll:

I am still lost as in why the heck you thought you were being copyrighted when my coding is 100% originol, using mk portals databse connection coding to pull information directly from the arcades databse tables and displaying such info on my page. And I am still lost since you have not said anything new about how my arcade blocks for mk portal OR even when I was working on board3 portal blocks has anything to do with your coding OR this supposed flash copyright :?

And as far as the see "CREATORS" create "NEW" all sarcastically um I know you dont think you are the origiator of a few simple ideas for a page such as a scroller,shoutbox,and various other stats for usage on pages. :shock: That is the most basic of web page designing almost BASICALLY using php to pull info from databse to place on a page gee how new of yourself sorry I am just catching up to you on my path of learning.
I didn't know doing such block creation for phpbb arcade / mkportal usage was so cutting edge that I am ripping new ideas off of you. :shock:

Anyways if you can seriously say exactly where I "ripped", "stole", "copyright infringed" ANY of your coding or anyone elses coding I would gladly re edit my codes or add in the credit to such user, but I know personaly that I have learned from reading and getting tips off of Jr and have not done such things, so please take any furthur post like these to my pm or stop posting on this thread accusing me of not writing my own scripts to create these blocks for people to use.

Hopefuly THIS will be the last post on this matter and I can get back to developing it in peace :lol:

PS just read this line again and WTF ?
what you meant to do right after the enlightened one has tacked to you in order to get my creation :/
What creation ? :shock:
someone asked me to code a latest comments posted when after playing a game since I had said that if anyone had any ideas I would see what I could do and the suguested blcosk were made to go along with the pack I offer. THAT I CODED 100% and have the right to put out ven if others are putting out similar blocks.

Just because one person is writting a mod that might look and feel like another does not mean copyrighted or stolen ideas :| it just means the mods make sence and people like them. I am offering mk portal blocks so I want them to be as functional and as many as I can I am not going to exclude a top scores scroller because you say you have one on your site wtf dude? and as far as you ever suposedly working on these things too or putting these out as a release yourself #1 it is not for mk portal #2 I did not know this and #3 as I said my coding is written by me not snipped ripped or snagged from you or anyone except some of the initial blocks I got help for but the credit is in my source to him for it :geek:
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

easygo

Post by easygo »

LOL nice try Mr. Sharky, but now I've got your number(s). :mrgreen:

Finally some words to this kinda screenshot Mister! I'm a poor cowboy, you know, and I had only one
shot left in my rusty rifle, so it's the same damn thing as somewhere else. Any problems?

Take it or leave it! bYe
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

tbma2008

Post by tbma2008 »

wow....sounds like someone is bitter. Sounds like you really would like to use thundercrews blocks but now you would just look silly if you did. And if anyone else did have these ideas before hand.....you snooze you lose, google arcade blocks, that simple. His blocks are absolutely everywhere. Every single link leads back to him. I see no other blocks by anyone else anywhere. Either way, stop being bitter and go find somewhere else to start drama. This isnt the place for it, also theres this pretty cool thing called a private message, its crazy how it works, you click this little button and you can privately send a message without it being public. Try it out! its fun!
TBMAMUSIC.COM

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

LMAO you are so silly man I am baffled to it.
I use a basic prosilver design so of course the colors look alike :geek:
And here is my coding for my scroller SIMPLE MARQUE TAG.
And as Ive stetred before your shoutbox is irrelevant as mine is a comment box left in arcade after playing a game :ugeek:
And the coding I was refering to giving me trouble was the fact it was returning each user in a new TD
Just like my first attempts at the your favorites block.

HERE is my FULL code for my scroller wich I garuntee you is 100% diferent then yours.

Code: Select all

<?php
//   Created by ThunderCrew at http://arcade.thunderncrew.com
//   Please do not remove this note from the source. It helps generate traffic and keeps
//   my mood positive which means I work more on site and sharing free stuff :)
//
//  Many thanx to J.R from http://jeffrusso.net for taking time from his busy arcade building 
//  schedule to share tips hints and code for a newb learning from his coding :D
//
//  These arcade blocks are for mk portal found here http://www.mkportal.it/
//   AND the phpbb3 arcade found here http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=685225
//    
//  Enjoy ThunderCrew
//
if (!defined("IN_MKP")) {
    die ("hack attempt.");
}

$content = "";
$content = "<tr><td class=\"tdblock\">
<marquee ONMOUSEOVER=this.scrollAmount=1 ONMOUSEOUT=this.scrollAmount='4'  vspace='0' hspace='2' width='100%'  height='16' behavior='scroll' direction='left' scrolldelay='0' scrollamount='4' loop='true'>";

$DB->query("SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_colour, g.game_id, g.game_highdate, g.game_name,  ROUND(game_highscore,2) AS round_score FROM (phpbb_arcade_games g) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u ON (g.game_highuser = u.user_id) WHERE g.game_highuser = u.user_id AND g.game_highdate GROUP BY g.game_highdate ORDER BY g.game_highdate DESC
LIMIT 0,5");

while ($row = $DB->fetch_row() )
{
$content .="<a href='$mkportals->forum_url/arcade.php?mode=stats&u={$row['user_id']}' style='color:#{$row['user_colour']};' class='username-coloured'>{$row['username']}</a> scored {$row['round_score']} for <a href='$mkportals->forum_url/arcade.php?mode=play&g={$row['game_id']} 'style='color:#0F9BE1'>{$row['game_name']}</a>   ";
}
{
$content .="</marquee></td></tr>";
}
?>
I GARUNTEE our coding is 100% different.
AND here is what I meant by that took some doing...
See the first

Code: Select all

$content = "";
Well without that instead of scrolling the names all inline it was scrollnig the names all ontop of each other IE

instead of

name score game name score game name score game

it was showing up as

name score game
name score game
name score game

Man your aim was piss poor for being your last bullet
Last edited by ThunderCrew on Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

lmao tbma wouldnt go that far but thanx for the vote of cofidence in my work being mine :mrgreen:

PS googled arcade blocks wasnt all mine lmao BUT the point is its not originol idea ... Results 1 - 10 of about 512,000

PS wonder how mad someone will get when I actualy make the entire arcade page based inside of phpbb stricly internal without the use of a portal ? Will all of my work be called ripped again :ugeek:

Have had alot of request for that in my pm's at my site etc so will work on that eventualy as well.
Where it lays out kind of like the arcade stats page except it will be more like a massive portal blocks page instead :roll: but entirley phpbb internal created page no use of a portal :!:

easygo

Post by easygo »

Silly, huh? What's up Sharky, not man enough to talk drive me nuts using one and the same username?
Here goes! Don't stop that rap, I'm gonna shed crocodile tears for sure...

with laughter! Hi-ho. :mrgreen:

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Ok now what the heck are you on about :?
Same username ? I have used this same "username" for the entire 5 years I have been online as My nick / ego has been Thunder and my "net family" ended up selecting the name "crew" when voting way back in msn groups on a nick to use as our basic "net family" hence my site being called thunderNCREW :?

And now you have said sharky more then once what the heck is that ?calling me a "shark" as in hustler or someone elses name you think I am ?

jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

ThunderCrew, since I can't install MK portal, I converted 3 of your old blocks (arcade.html, arcade_top3a.html and arcade_newest.html) to subsilver, for use in Board3 portal ver. 1.0.0 RC2.

May I post them somewhere with credit to you?, or would I ( lol ) get accused of ripping you off.
Please, it was just a tongue in cheek statement. Not being subversive.
Grace--Getting what I don't deserve
Mercy--Not getting what I do deserve

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

lmao yes you can do what you want with them as long as 2 things .
One the originol credit of "arcade blocks by thundercrew" with my name being a link to my site goes somewhere like in the footer of portal page. And the originol starter that is all commented out stays in tact if offering them as a download. where it has my site link the link to jr's arcade and the link to mk portal etc just in case anyone downloads them and would like to get all of the originol blocks etc.

ANYONE wanting to redo the coding to fit thier portals etc can do so freely and redistribute them etc as long as the originol credits and links stay in tact. I am sure there are those that do erase the credits or do not follow the install direction for adding the credit I had found 3 sites that did everything BUT put in my credit :lol: but after asking them to they did so it's cool :roll: Thanx for asking in advance ;)

Basicaly yes you can offer them as downloads on your own site etc but for appreciation if ya dont mind I would deffinatly prefer my credit for the "original work" <<LMAO wonder if I can call it that without ticking easygo off :? stay in contact and if offering as a download maybe add in the desciption originol by thundercrew and a link to the download on my site but not neccasary.

Main thing is just the first 2 conditions. credit and source comments staying in tact if changing the code alot I guess it would also be ok to do something like Arcade blocks by JimCarrel Based off ThunderCrew's Blocks with my name being the credit link and your name being your credit link or something to that nature ;)

PS those file names are old ones you might need the latest update for best results ;)
my file names I have are different . Or do you mean thats what you named them ?

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

PS also since I assume most of the blocks I will be doing for mk portal / arcade are done with lack of new responces for new ideas I assume most basic plus a few advanced needs and wants are done My next project will be a non portal but internal phpbb page of tons of arcade data :D I will be making it for only prosilver as well though since I heard through the grapvine that subsilver2 is actualy getting ditched?
Since its table based instead of divs it isnt xml compliant or something to that nature.

Anyone will be able to edit that pages to thier liking as well.

NiceM

Post by NiceM »

easygo wrote:LOL nice try Mr. Sharky, but now I've got your number(s). :mrgreen:

Finally some words to this kinda screenshot Mister! I'm a poor cowboy, you know, and I had only one
shot left in my rusty rifle, so it's the same damn thing as somewhere else. Any problems?

Take it or leave it! bYe
Can i say a thing without anyone ripping my head off, the things you are talking about easygo is it the ones Wuerzi have made for board3 portal? if so these is for MKPortal and can't be used on board3 portal.
I just had to say it, sorry ;)
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

I am still lost even if that is the issue :?
Because I made the same blocks for board 3 portal over 9 months ago but abandoned it since I moved to mk poartal after seing mk portal on your site and then investigatingnnito it and seeing how much more functional and feture rich it was already having image gallery and simple blog and downloads mod etc built in it plus blocks and pages being simple to work with addin in :D And I assume our coding for the same portal was even diferent. And the fact that the ones he posted like the "SHOUTBOX" does not even hold relevence since it is not what my box with arcade comments is nor is based on :lol: Thank you for your post nicem glad to see some people chiming in to the defence side without trying to flame etc 8-)

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew »

Had a thought for possibly 2 more wanted features "users in arcade" might be a bit rough but might not havent tried just thought about it. Also adding another line in the stats area where it shows downloaded games etc possibly making a favorites stat for games added as favorites and #1 favorite

Might do these later.

Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Those sound good. I really need to find some time to play with these again. I haven't been able to play with them because my Mom was in the hospital and now at the Doctor's office, they decided they need to do a emergent surgery next week. :roll: Never ends. :roll:
When all else fails, read the instructions

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”