[ABD] Self Auth MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Pagemakers Design

Re: [BETA] Self Auth MOD

Post by Pagemakers Design »

I want everybody to see it but only the authour and mod to be able to reply. Is that possible ?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Pagemakers Design: This MOD does not provide you with that option.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Pagemakers Design

Post by Pagemakers Design »

Will any mod?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

I'm not aware of one.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
mudassir

Post by mudassir »

I have instal this. . .it works well but there is one problem. .only starter can view topic. . .even moderator can not see the topic. . .i have set the permission of moderator to all yes.
Please help me.
Thanxs
warpeddesignz

Post by warpeddesignz »

so i have everything installed correctly. im just having a problem setting the permissions.
when i did try. i made a test account with no privledges and i was still able to view the topics.

in a nutshell, i have these groups. officer, member, friend, registered member, guest and admin.
it is a guild website, and i would like my recruitment topics to be only visable by admin, officers, and members.
and the person who posted it.

if anyone can help me out i appreciate it.
im a noob at permissions. it kind of confuses me :|
Bogey

Post by Bogey »

mudassir wrote:I have instal this. . .it works well but there is one problem. .only starter can view topic. . .even moderator can not see the topic. . .i have set the permission of moderator to all yes.
Please help me.
Thanxs
Try clearing the cache, although I don't know how that could affect your mod to behave like that, but... it's something to do in the process of troubleshooting.
tkz01

Post by tkz01 »

Your Self_Auth mod is working, after about 4 hours of fiddling with it last night on account of my own stupidity.

My only question for you is, how do i make it so Guests / Any user can atleast read the Announcements in the particular forum that I have this mod active?

At the moment, they can SEE them (but no other regular posts) but when they click on the announcement, they are recieving the error " The requested topic does not exist.
"

The previous fix to this was changing || to && but isn't applying to the annoucements

Thanks man!
MartinPD

Post by MartinPD »

There's a slight bug in this - people hitting 'View New Posts' can see any threads in the forum but not actually navigate into them.... I think this needs fixing because even the subject can give away the contents of the post.
mudassir

Post by mudassir »

yes exectly the subject is visible is search as well as we viewing the profile..
ari_h

Post by ari_h »

hi...i manage to install the MOD
but i cannot understand how to used it..

where can i found topic starter?
please help me,where i can find it..

thanks...

edit:
nevermind...
i have found it...
LOL..
dotmike

Post by dotmike »

MartinPD wrote:There's a slight bug in this - people hitting 'View New Posts' can see any threads in the forum but not actually navigate into them.... I think this needs fixing because even the subject can give away the contents of the post.
can we get a fix to this? this is the only bug i can also find and without this it would be working perfectly!
Dem0n_Hunter

Post by Dem0n_Hunter »

alright let me see if I get this right:
this mod allows you host a forum that everyone can see but only topic starter can view their own topics right? like a private forum. if that's so awesome I so need this. thx
Grawl

Post by Grawl »

I get this error in the ACP when going to the "forums" tab.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/acp/forums.php:1)
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Hey there, Jelly. Just one question: How hard would it be for me to extend the functionality of this MOD to let an Admin create a forum that anyone can read and reply to but the thread starter is given mod abilities (lock, edit/delete posts, etc.) only for topics they start? Of course, if they were trying to copy or move their topic they would also need mod permissions in the destination forum. But basically, I just want for (in specific forums) the thread starter is able to moderate his or her own threads. (This works well in game forums).
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”