[ABD] Self Auth MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
pshute

Re: [BETA] Self Auth MOD

Post by pshute »

pshute wrote:
pshute wrote:
pshute wrote:
SkifAlef wrote:Ок, I've installed mod.
At the first sight, everything is ok. I can check "privacy" in forum settings. I can set "view private" permission.
I'm still trying to work out how to use this mod, and how to even confirm it's installed properly. I don't understand the above comments. Where do I find this privacy checkbox (I assume that's what's referred to above)?
I'm still none the wiser. I'd really appreciate it if some could help me with this, otherwise I might have to abandon the whole project. Or just point me to where the rest of you found out how to use it.
Pretty please?
Sorry to keep bumping this thread to the top, but I'm a bit disappointed that after being given assistance to download this mod, I can't get any help to use it. Is there anyone who can help?
iilagunaii

Post by iilagunaii »

Hello everyone.... here is another silly question.

at the end of the instructions.... the install guide says :

Code: Select all

Run the install_selfauth.php while logged in as administrator
here is what I did.... I put the file on the root of my forum, ie. c:\wampserver\www\myboard\install_selfauth.php. Then I open the forum on my browser, logged in as administrator and put this addres: http://locahost/myboard/install_selfauth.php

to me, nothing seems to happen... and the permission tab on the acp no longer works.....

could you guide me on what may went wrong, or if there is another way to run the install_selfauth.php file...?

thks.
dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

imkingdavid wrote:Hey there, Jelly. Just one question: How hard would it be for me to extend the functionality of this MOD to let an Admin create a forum that anyone can read and reply to but the thread starter is given mod abilities (lock, edit/delete posts, etc.) only for topics they start? Of course, if they were trying to copy or move their topic they would also need mod permissions in the destination forum. But basically, I just want for (in specific forums) the thread starter is able to moderate his or her own threads. (This works well in game forums).
that's a mod i'm looking for too.
dontcoz

Post by dontcoz »

Pagemakers Design wrote:Will any mod?
not sure if you're still looking but here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10905885
ShadowScythe

Post by ShadowScythe »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get this MOD working with the 3.0.6 release?
Using AutoMOD (Many thanks for this!) and a couple of code tweaks I've been able to get really really close!

What works:
- Thread titles are only visible to the person that posts them.

What does not work:
- Moderators, or Administrators cannot see threads that are created by Users.
- Users, Mods or Admins cannot read the contents of threads they create; output is "The requested topic does not exist."

Troubleshooting:
File: includes/functions_display.php (Line 193)

The MOD is supposed to change the following line:

if ($row['forum_password'] && $row['user_id'] != $user->data['user_id']
So that it reads like this:

if ($row['forum_password'] && $row['user_id'] != $user->data['user_id'] || ($row['starter_only'] && !$auth->acl_get('f_view_sonly', $forum_id))
Sine this did not happen I appended the appropriate code manually. Doing so made the forums completely unavailable displaying only the following error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_OR in /home/jhollowd/public_html/hollowdreams/forums/includes/functions_display.php on line 193
File: language/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php

This code needs to be moved so that is lies within the <?php> tags.

$lang = array_merge($lang, array
	'acl_f_view_sonly'	=> array('lang' => 'Can view all topics<br /><em>This setting only applies if Starter Privacy is enabled for this forum</em>', 'cat' => 'post'),
));
File: adm/style/acp_forums.html

] <!-- This bracket can be safely removed. -->
		<dl>
			<dt><label for="starter_only">{L_ENABLE_STARTER_ONLY}:</label><br /><span>{L_ENABLE_STARTER_ONLY_EXPLAIN}</span></dt>
			<dd><label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="starter_only" value="1"<!-- IF S_STARTER_ONLY --> id="starter_only" checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_YES}</label>
				<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="starter_only" value="0"<!-- IF not S_STARTER_ONLY --> id="starter_only" checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /> {L_NO}</label></dd>
		</dl>
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

ShadowScythe wrote: Troubleshooting:
File: includes/functions_display.php (Line 193)

The MOD is supposed to change the following line:

if ($row['forum_password'] && $row['user_id'] != $user->data['user_id']
So that it reads like this:

if ($row['forum_password'] && $row['user_id'] != $user->data['user_id'] || ($row['starter_only'] && !$auth->acl_get('f_view_sonly', $forum_id))
At a quick glance, the 2nd code piece there should probably look like:

if ($row['forum_password'] && $row['user_id'] != $user->data['user_id'] || ($row['starter_only'] && !$auth->acl_get('f_view_sonly', $forum_id)))
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
ShadowScythe

Post by ShadowScythe »

Thanks cherokee red !

I seem to have made an error in pasting the code. The original line did have a trailing )
So, the MOD -should- create the following line.

// This code generates an error
if ($row['forum_password'] && $row['user_id'] != $user->data['user_id']) || ($row['starter_only'] && !$auth->acl_get('f_view_sonly', $forum_id))

However... the one that you posted fixes the error.

// This code works
if ($row['forum_password'] && $row['user_id'] != $user->data['user_id'] || ($row['starter_only'] && !$auth->acl_get('f_view_sonly', $forum_id)))
The issues about not being able to read own posts, or admins reading all posts still exist. But we're certainly going in the right direction! :D

-ShadowScythe
neurotik

Post by neurotik »

Anyone have another link to download this MOD? The link in the original post doesn't seem to be working for me.
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

Does this work for 3.0.7-PL1?
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
TwiztedIndian

Post by TwiztedIndian »

Unknown Bliss wrote:Does this work for 3.0.7-PL1?
I was wondering this myself... Anyone?
MichaelC
Consultant
Consultant
Name: Michael Cullum

Post by MichaelC »

dontcoz wrote:
imkingdavid wrote:Hey there, Jelly. Just one question: How hard would it be for me to extend the functionality of this MOD to let an Admin create a forum that anyone can read and reply to but the thread starter is given mod abilities (lock, edit/delete posts, etc.) only for topics they start? Of course, if they were trying to copy or move their topic they would also need mod permissions in the destination forum. But basically, I just want for (in specific forums) the thread starter is able to moderate his or her own threads. (This works well in game forums).
that's a mod i'm looking for too.
Well locking is already built into the permissions system
:)
Formerly known as Unknown Bliss.
Formerly Website Team Lead/Manager & Development Team.
Please don't PM me for support (or stuff that belongs in the forums or tracker) but otherwise feel free
Ashley.S.
Name: Ashley .S.

Post by Ashley.S. »

download link is broken :( is this mod still being worked on?
Regards,
-Ashley.S. [ PurephpBB Founder ]
ShadowScythe

Post by ShadowScythe »

Hi all!

It has been ages since I checked this thread.
Long story short.

Here is a download link to the self-auth Mod.

!!PLEASE NOTE!!
The mod contained in the zip has been Modified from the original by A_Jelly_Doughnut.
My changes have been posted in this thread. Sadly I have not gotten it to work with the 3.0.6 version of phpBB and I am going to be upgrading to 3.0.7-PL1 soon.

I am posting these files in hopes that someone else can help me debug them.
It should also be noted that the easiest way to install this is using AutoMOD (also by A_Jelly_Doughnut). In fact that was the only way I could get as far as I did.

Here are the files:

selfAuth Mod
http://www.hollowdreams.org/storage_bin ... scythe.zip

MD5 Hash: 488693F9EE369FE267A3DC88630F390A
SHA1 Hash: 2E076055D08DED446B8145CB243BEE22C1E3E6FC

If anyone has more tips/tricks to get this working please lemme know :D
Derky
Development Team Member
Development Team Member

Re: [ABD] Self Auth MOD

Post by Derky »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”