[ABD] Paypal Shop V0.0.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
User avatar
EFiNSTORM
Registered User
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:09 am
Location: localhost

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by EFiNSTORM » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:32 am

rcnutterz wrote:Looks good thunder.
nice one.
just gotta wait for the subsilver2 template styles now :cry:
it works for me with the style which is included i am using a theme based off subsilver!

I mess around with mod for a bit few error!

just want to point them out if anyone else is going to try install and test this!

--language file can't be found simple fix =]
make sure this file is in language/en/mods/"ppshop.php" NOT in just /language/"ppshop.php"

--Admin Style can't be found another simple fix
folder is named wrong and the file is not copied into the right place
in the install folder adm -> RENAME "styles" to "style"

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'item_desc' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_paypal_shop (name, image_small, image_big, price, item_desc, catagory) VALUES ('SpeedJunkie Decal', 'blank.png', 'blank2.png', '10.00', 'Show support by buying one of our decals.', 'test')

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_ppshop.php
LINE: 120
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_ppshop->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 75
CALL: p_master->load_active()
That's the error i am getting

If its ok with both authors i would like to help with this mod well at least help fix the admin panel a bit :P

sloeri
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:45 am

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by sloeri » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:20 pm

EFiNSTORM wrote:
rcnutterz wrote:Looks good thunder.
nice one.
just gotta wait for the subsilver2 template styles now :cry:
it works for me with the style which is included i am using a theme based off subsilver!

I mess around with mod for a bit few error!

just want to point them out if anyone else is going to try install and test this!

--language file can't be found simple fix =]
make sure this file is in language/en/mods/"ppshop.php" NOT in just /language/"ppshop.php"

--Admin Style can't be found another simple fix
folder is named wrong and the file is not copied into the right place
in the install folder adm -> RENAME "styles" to "style"

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'item_desc' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_paypal_shop (name, image_small, image_big, price, item_desc, catagory) VALUES ('SpeedJunkie Decal', 'blank.png', 'blank2.png', '10.00', 'Show support by buying one of our decals.', 'test')

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_ppshop.php
LINE: 120
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_ppshop->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 75
CALL: p_master->load_active()
That's the error i am getting

If its ok with both authors i would like to help with this mod well at least help fix the admin panel a bit :P
this one is easy to solve ;)

change the database field "desc" to "item_desc" or look in the php code to change item_desc to desc

Regards
Joeri

works well on my forum at the moment...

User avatar
EFiNSTORM
Registered User
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:09 am
Location: localhost

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by EFiNSTORM » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:44 pm

sweet that did the job thx for the mini fix :P

User avatar
ThunderCrew
Registered User
Posts: 1438
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:26 pm
Location: Ill, Usa
Contact:

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by ThunderCrew » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:43 am

sloeri wrote:
this one is easy to solve ;)

change the database field "desc" to "item_desc" or look in the php code to change item_desc to desc

Regards
Joeri

works well on my forum at the moment...
oops yeah I forgot about that :oops: wrote the install a while ago before finding out you can not use desc for databse in phpbb :mrgreen: also sorry about the sloppy package of folders was rushing it to get it to the originol modder
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

sloeri
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:45 am

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by sloeri » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:19 pm

ThunderCrew wrote:
sloeri wrote:
this one is easy to solve ;)

change the database field "desc" to "item_desc" or look in the php code to change item_desc to desc

Regards
Joeri

works well on my forum at the moment...
oops yeah I forgot about that :oops: wrote the install a while ago before finding out you can not use desc for databse in phpbb :mrgreen: also sorry about the sloppy package of folders was rushing it to get it to the originol modder
hehe, don't worry...
thats why it is a community, to work together :D

User avatar
EFiNSTORM
Registered User
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:09 am
Location: localhost

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by EFiNSTORM » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:59 pm

sloeri wrote:
ThunderCrew wrote:
sloeri wrote:
this one is easy to solve ;)

change the database field "desc" to "item_desc" or look in the php code to change item_desc to desc

Regards
Joeri

works well on my forum at the moment...
oops yeah I forgot about that :oops: wrote the install a while ago before finding out you can not use desc for databse in phpbb :mrgreen: also sorry about the sloppy package of folders was rushing it to get it to the originol modder
hehe, don't worry...
thats why it is a community, to work together :D
yeah i just want into myphpadmin and fixed the name
other then that ive started to mess around with mod added an paypal email, currency , shipping , image uploader for the admin panel so you only have to use one image and it will make the small and big one. Will post it here when i am done :)

rcnutterz
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by rcnutterz » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Well i decided to have a look and a play. :D
i have been playing around with the files and the functionality and i am quite pleased with the outcome so far.
i decided that the main thing i wanted to do was make it so that a use HAD to be logged in to access the shop.
so i created a new file called ppshop_index_body.php and in that wrote in the code for logging in then once successfully logged it would then include ppshop_body.php
obviously i had to edit the ppshop.php file on the root to point to the new ppshop_index_body.php.
so far it works ;)
i also moved the copyright notice central to the footer as it looks nicer there i though.

Logged out:
Image

and logged in:
Image

obviously i have still to work on the look/layout of the page as i am running a non prosilver theme :roll:

if anyone wants to have a look at the edited files i will add a download link (there will only be the files that i have changed in the download)
files can be downloaded from here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PK2D0RE5
hope it is ok to host the files on there, i dont know where else to host them (i dont have attachments on my board enabled)

any feedback or suggestions welcomed (my first real go at changing files to that degree)......

sloeri
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:45 am

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by sloeri » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:29 am

hmmm... this starts to look better and better...
so far i have it running in the original code (with some small corrections as mentioned above :))

what i'm currently missing (probably in the plans of the author) is how i need to add the pics ?
where can i set the paypal details ? (i know it is in the Html form, but thats not really the way to enter it every time :))
things like that...

Dunno if it would be possible to have different paypal payment adresses for objects.
example : object one : paypal adres 1
object 2 : paypal adres 2

this way forum users would maybe be able (in a later stage) to add their own items too ?

Regards
Joeri

rcnutterz
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by rcnutterz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:50 pm

ok. i have come across a few problems..........
1st is a typo that i have made in one of the files........
in ppshopcats.php in root:
reads:

Code: Select all

	'body' => 'ppshopcats_index_body.html')
should be:

Code: Select all

	'body' => 'ppshop_cats_index_body.html')
also it seems when you click on a catagory in the shop you get a double layout of the shop


and in general, when you add an item in the ACP and assign it to a catagory, it shows on the shop homepage, but if you click into the said catagory the item is not there (this is same problem on both mine and thundercrews files)

sloeri
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:45 am

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by sloeri » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:07 pm

How do i add the images by the way ?
i mean, what is the syntax ?

/-->imagefolder<-- from root ? or full http adress ?

sloeri
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:45 am

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by sloeri » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Ps : isn't it also CATEGORY instead of CATAGORY ?

RossSEMI
Registered User
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:25 pm
Location: Warren, Michigan, USA

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by RossSEMI » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Create a folder called paypal within your image folder.
Upload (via ftp) all images used here in this folder.
In ACP, just specify file names of images.
Each item needs two images. thumb nail size and full
I name them imagesmall.gif and image large.gif

Hope this helps till a proper image load routine is developed.
Just a 10 year rookie at this stuff.

rcnutterz
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by rcnutterz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:57 pm

i have been really busy today playing around with these files and i have put together a 'lytebox' functionality package for this mod. installation text file is also included.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1N2XWSVX
has been working for the last hour or so without problem so if anyone else wants to test it out as well.......... :P

also the other problem i had regarding the double layout in the catagory page seems to have disappeared. although the other problems still remain.

User avatar
EFiNSTORM
Registered User
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:09 am
Location: localhost

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by EFiNSTORM » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:33 pm

rcnutterz wrote:i have been really busy today playing around with these files and i have put together a 'lytebox' functionality package for this mod. installation text file is also included.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1N2XWSVX
has been working for the last hour or so without problem so if anyone else wants to test it out as well.......... :P

also the other problem i had regarding the double layout in the catagory page seems to have disappeared. although the other problems still remain.

wow this is sick :P was trying to get this working!
now instead of using 2 images we can use 1 hopefuly i am going to finish the admin part of the mod to night will post it here !

rcnutterz if you don't mind can i use your lytebox code you made?

rcnutterz
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: [DEV] Paypal Shop V1.0 (With Demo and Pics)

Post by rcnutterz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:38 pm

EFiNSTORM wrote: wow this is sick :P was trying to get this working!
now instead of using 2 images we can use 1 hopefuly i am going to finish the admin part of the mod to night will post it here !

rcnutterz if you don't mind can i use your lytebox code you made?
yes by all means use it. just glad i could contribute something to this mod as i have a feeling it could be great :D
as far as i am aware you will still need to use 2 images as the lytebox doesnt resize the images, it simply opens the bigger image in a lytebox as oppose to opening it in a new window. i might look into a resizing function if i get brave enough but it was quite a challenge getting this working as i am no expert at this. in fact this is my first time getting something put together :o

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”