[ABD] phpbb Arcade Challenge Mode 0.0.6

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ThunderCrew

[ABD] phpbb Arcade Challenge Mode 0.0.6

Post by ThunderCrew » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:14 am

Ok phpbb arcade challenge mode is finaly ready for beta release thanx to all those that helped (mentioned in aythor notes in install.xml)

If you are greatful for this mod or any others I have made and am working on then please donate to the cause for my time and effort. The donations go towards hosting fees and new add ons for the site.Donate

Modification Name: phpBB Arcade Challenge Mod
Author: ThunderCrew

Modification Description:: Adds a system to allow users to challenge each other to the arcade games.
Modification Version:: 0.0.6

Requirements: Knowing how to run an sql in your databse admin, for the initial table setup. phpbb arcade RC 9 or 8 is what it's been tested on. phpbb 3.05 also tested on should work with any version as long as the files and databse tables are the same as his latest version.

Features:
  • Challenge page
    Challenge screen to challenges users to a game
  • Challenge accept page
    Page that shows a list of all chellenges sent to you by users once you've accepted a challenge they erase from the list.
  • The accept challenge page once clicking on a challenge to accept
  • ready to play challenges

The list of ready challenges AKA a challenge that is legal to play as in the challenger has sent it
    and the opponent has accepted it the list only shows a list of games where the challenger and opponent
    have agreed to play it + it only shows the list of games where you as the opponent OR challenger do not have a score set yet.
    once you play snd your score is set then it disapears from your list of games ready to play.

• The stats page showing a list of all COMPLETED challenges and who won it

click here for full size image

https://camo.phpbb.com/02fbea570fc7e06a6658b9233193605d73436c1e/687474703a2f2f746e632d616c6c2e636f6d2f696d616765732f73637265656e732f6368616c6c382e706e67

Demo URL: http://tnc-all.com/forum/arcade_challenge.php
Demo Username: test
Demo Password: tester

PLEASE DO NOT CHALLENGE PEOPLE AS A TEST USER EXCEPT FOR ThunderCrew
I will also add a few challenges issued to test by me occasionaly so you can see how the pages look for accepting and playing challenges. I would rather ya sign up to show support for the headaches of this mod :lol: but of course it is not required ;)

Modification Download: REMOVED DUE TO ABANDONED Guest have download ability also please rate this mod after trying it out. Would appreciate that :)

Fixes and changes listed in the XML file.

Planned features.
  • Deny form. Will erase the challenge form the databse upon denying the challenge.DONE AS OF 0.0.2

• PM on challenge setting up a pm feature to send notice on challenge issued and challenge accepted or denied. DO|EN in 0.0.6
  • Gambling add on hopefully eventualy add in a gamble for how many points compatable with points or cash mods.
ENJOY !!
Last edited by ThunderCrew on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

Mudjosh

Re: [DEV] phpbb Arcade Challenge Mode

Post by Mudjosh » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:18 am

Looks great! I hope this goes far!

So is this for any game that you have installed into the Arcade?

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:28 am

yes you get to choose any game installed.
eventualy I plan on trying to mod in the cash mod as well for gambling against each other for tokens or whatever you name your cash (toes and eyes crossed) :lol:
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:04 am

ThunderCrew wrote:yes you get to choose any game installed.
eventualy I plan on trying to mod in the cash mod as well for gambling against each other for tokens or whatever you name your cash (toes and eyes crossed) :lol:
nice work, especially when you build in a function for using points systems
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:34 pm

nice work, especially when you build in a function for using points systems
That part should be faily simple I assume I would just - point from losser row and + point to the winner row I hope it is that simple :lol:

joebart72

Post by joebart72 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Really great idea :D Thanks ThunderCrew ;)
I learn English with phpbb.com :)

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:30 pm

i wait so long for something like that...great... :lol:
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:45 am

ThunderCrew wrote:yes you get to choose any game installed.
If possible, could you make a way to turn this off? I run a Christian forum, and I would like to shy away from gambling and lottery parts of the cash mods..

If you would rather not take that extra time.. That's cool.. I can edit it out I guess.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:02 am

lol turn off...then dont install this addon, when you want to turn it off...

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:41 am

Mudjosh wrote: If possible, could you make a way to turn this off? I run a Christian forum, and I would like to shy away from gambling and lottery parts of the cash mods..

If you would rather not take that extra time.. That's cool.. I can edit it out I guess.
Sure :roll: Ill add the instructions to "not gamble" install when making it.
If I can ever get it sorted out :lol: trying to pick jr's brain to reveal what I need to do to get the socre to my table :mrgreen:

Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:21 am

darkonia wrote:lol turn off...then dont install this addon, when you want to turn it off...
hmm... I like the add on.. Just not the gamble feature.. The addon would be amazing for my forum.. And gambling.. not so much..

Not sure why I wouldn't install this addon over something small like that.. lol.. all well..

Thanks ThunderCrew for including those.

You've asked JR for some help right? He seems like a great guy (Esp to have as much patience as he does) I'm sure he could help out some with this.. maybe.. :? (I'm sure he is busy as well though so who knows.. )

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:00 pm

well a tab bit closer got the math done for seeing who was the winner and sending it to the page right.
I had the math etc right but had a bit of an issue with it showing up right for if the challenger wins but got help from rmcgirr83 had forgotten about select AS to change some variables around :oops:

Now all I think I have to do is something like this.....

this is just a crude example :ugeek:

if challenger is the id playing

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_arcade_challenge SET challenger_score = $score WHERE challenger_id = $user->data['user_id'] AND game_id = $game_data['game_id'] ;
elseif the opponent id is playing

Code: Select all

UPDATE phpbb_arcade_challenge SET opp_score = $score WHERE opponent_id = $user->data['user_id'] AND game_id = $game_data['game_id'] ;
This way it will update thier score to ALL challenges in the databse where thier name has been challenged for that game. Just still not sure exactly where to put that in the arcade_score.php file

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:58 pm

damned thing is giving me a headache :lol: the only thing holding me back from being able to put out the inital basic release before all other functions eventualy get added is the fact I can not seem to send his scores to my tables at all. Tried every last sql syntax I know of even "select insert into from" tpye of crap. :cry:

Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:40 am

What ever you do.. Do not abandon this mod.. lol.

Have you tried to look at the arcade mods coding to see how JR does it?

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:11 am

Mudjosh wrote:What ever you do.. Do not abandon this mod.. lol.

Have you tried to look at the arcade mods coding to see how JR does it?
I know exactly where he is doing it and how he is doing it just not being able to get it to grab to my table as well. YET anyways. got close once and got a sql error but it was trying to insert the data to my table unfortunatley I accidently lost what I used and now can't get back to that error. I either white page due to bad quotes or get the score to go through to his table as normal but nothing happens in my table :lol:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”