[ABD] phpbb Arcade Challenge Mode 0.0.6

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
_Al

Re: [ALPHA] phpbb Arcade Challenge Mode 0.0.6

Post by _Al » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:44 am

A better system for choosing a suername to challenge just in case you have thousands of members. A few people that use this already brought it up that tons of users semi hard to find in a drop down list. Might use a input box where you type name in and if name found send challenge if name not found dont send OR at least use dopdown box but limit to people who have arcade scores only. o if a users does not have any scores they probably have no care to play in arcade. Will take any feedback or ideas for this one
Some ideas
Users online curently paying or in arcade*.
Friends dropdown menu.
Maybe a histery of challengers.
Rematches.

ThunderCrew

Re: [ABD] phpbb Arcade Challenge Mode 0.0.6

Post by ThunderCrew » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:58 pm

I am abandoning this mod for now I suguest using the other one you know the "ultimate challenge" the one that came out days after mine did when I decided to first peek at and download it the mod had 90% of my originol ideas including the database set up and most of the coding in the begining was mine as well IE the user and game selection for challenges how to pm users etc.....

I was quite pissed off upon seeing this but then he changed swiftly and started making changes that were stated in questions to me and answers from me etc but life smacked me very hard and fast and almost lost my house , car, etc due to work situations between both me and my wife so I had no time or no feelings of getting online during this bad stretch of time..... I am now abandoning this mod and I suguest uusing this one http://www.jeffrusso.net/forum/viewtopi ... =30&t=2304 from the rip - improvered version :roll:

Good work taught me a valuable lesson. Finish my "product" to almost completed then put it out as beta with needing probably only a few tweeks or a few new ideas before releasing it out to public :) so if someone picks up my idea and wants to jack it they had better bve very fast :roll: :lol: good luck man.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

KillBill.

Post by KillBill. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:21 pm

Dear ThunderCrew !

As I told you, I like your idea, but after I downloaded your mod and I saw your php
doodling, I dont liked it...I have found a lot of bug, So I dont upluaded to my server..
In your install description, the sql command have bugs, too, you have fixed it in
your third release,I think it is not your work, but I dont care.
I saw your mod in live at the origon, but i ont like the skin and template. :(

The point is it, that I made your mod to myself on the basis of your my taste,
and when I made, why not share this to others?
Who dont like, dont download the mod, thats all.

I beg for me that 90% of php is your work!
Anyone who understand the point of php and compare,
seems the difference is heaven and earth between the two mod .

The idea is yours,but i thik i can work and upload my work...
The choice is the users...

You wrote, that you made the mod under your holiday. Me too man, me too!
But it's not wasted work, because you have learned, just like me!

ps:I did not mean to offend you,I am sorry,I hope you will notangry with me.

I think the Thread is closed, I dont write here anymore...All the best!

cart99

Post by cart99 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:53 pm

ThunderCrew is there a unstall script for your mod, it seems we removed all tables from the SQL and no files have your code but stills says All Alpha must be removed before installtion of another is there any ideas you have to remove this from the database?

Error! The database contains the [ALPHA] phpBB Arcade Challenge, if you want to depart from the ultimate challenge of the route you should first remove all of the [alpha] version!

phpbb_arcade_challenge was removed is there anything else besides the config tables that was inserted that could cause this?

KillBill.

Post by KillBill. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:16 pm

sql

Code: Select all

DROP TABLE `phpbb_arcade_challenge`

sure, use your prefix

cart99

Post by cart99 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:43 pm

Killbill this has already been done as I posted on your website but seems there is something else in the db that your mod does not like.

We have been over this db at least 200 times and cannot find anything that is related to this mod.

Think I would post 600 times for the same cause lol if I could get it fixed or find the issue. :roll:

sixtiesrule

Post by sixtiesrule » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:50 pm

ThunderCrew wrote:I am abandoning this mod for now I suguest using the other one you know the "ultimate challenge" the one that came out days after mine did when
I was quite pissed off upon seeing this but then he changed swiftly and started making changes that were stated in questions to me and answers from me etc
Don't blame you.
Thanks for all your hard work
Fun & Friendly forum www.thenorteecorner.com/forums

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:20 pm

to undo this mod simply delete the table from the databse and undo the edits that you did in the install instructions.

PS
KillBill. wrote:Dear ThunderCrew !

I think it is not your work, but I dont care.
I saw your mod in live at the origon, but i ont like the skin and template.

The point is it, that I made your mod to myself on the basis of your my taste,
and when I made, why not share this to others?

I beg for me that 90% of php is your work!
seems the difference is heaven and earth between the two mod .

The idea is yours,but i thik i can work and upload my work...

ps:I did not mean to offend you,I am sorry,I hope you will notangry with me.
above bits were the interesting parts to me from your post to me....
1st off "I made your mod to my taste" exactly you took my mod and worked it into your taste and released as "your mod" no credits or "originol creativity" by thundercrew or anything :roll: no biggie I guess just blah :?

"hevean and earth" yeah now but when I first seen your first release it was more like heaven and the clouds :lol: but as I said in my post "NOW" it is a better pruduct and more your own work etc.

3d part was the funny fact that early on you said "i think it not your work" then later say "I made your mod to myself on the basis of your my taste" AND later still say " The idea is yours,but i thik i can work and upload my work..." confused on how you start out with it not being my work you think then admitting it was :lol: :roll:

No I am not upset anymore lesson learned :)

I suguested meerly that in your originol release of "ultimate challenge" it was 90% a jack of mine.
The databse table setup the overall structure and even alot of the php coding setup.
After a few reworkings you did to upgrade the challenge mode to be more compatable with phpbb standards
AND after seeing results of my initial testing release and user input about mine :roll: you were able to make changes while I was away to your mod and I conceeded that it would just be better for people to go ahead and download your mod and scrap mine from thier memory and site as I will eventualy be oding it as well myself most likley.

I will either use yours on my site or meerly redo mine again with the feedback I had gotten and still add in a tournament mode and have the status pages as before but all tied into the phpbb and arcade better then my first run at it. BUT it will be even longer then I thought as far as me being "offline" as my mom had a mini stroke and mini heart attack in less then 2 weeks and now is moving in with us ontop of all my other life issues :roll: :( Anyways bye all see ya when I can get back to online work and try to bring more originol mods/ ideas/ fun toys etc.
Ugg im a t0tal newb again ...... 2 years off cant remember jack ... time to get to it

NiceM

Post by NiceM » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 am

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles in reall life, but when you come back some time, why not change your mod a bit like the challenge mod is on ipb arcade, it means admin chose a game and for how long the challenge are running, then users can play the game for a fee, and all the point's paid for playing is the price for winning the challenge.
Download games for phpbb-Arcade at:
origon.dk

ThunderCrew

Post by ThunderCrew » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 pm

yeah I will probably get back to working on this and other mods when I get back "online" but for now had lost job and everything so still way to crazy life right now to deal with hobbies and online actvities :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”