[ABD] Karma and Profile Comments System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
darkonia

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by darkonia »

but this is not good, then your mod makes the friends and foes system totally useless...

why you cant build in a option in the acp to turn off, or give us a little snippet to cange it in the code?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

darkonia wrote:but this is not good, then your mod makes the friends and foes system totally useless...

why you cant build in a option in the acp to turn off, or give us a little snippet to cange it in the code?
Code will be built into the mod as soon as i can
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

thx thats a word xd
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
testbunny2

Re: [Alpha] Karma System

Post by testbunny2 »

andy2295 wrote:
"* User can disable karma for himself/herself"
This is controlable through the ACP first right? So admin can choose to disable that function..
* Karma at viewprofile and viewtopic pages
I'm not sure how it works, but do you karma a users posts, or the users profile in the viewtopic?
If it's the users posts, can one just ignore the instructions for viewtopic, and just have it in viewprofile?
And if I do that, will it only let a user rate a user once? (As opposed to infinite times through viewtopic.)

Anyways, it sounds great and good luck :)
Admin panel allows disable function and viewtopic adds Karma to user and also from viewprofile
Ok, thanks. Just some more questions:

Is it limited so that only a user can karma another user one time?
Or can he karma another user one more time for every new post?
And is it possible for a user to change what karma he gave another user?
darkonia

Re: [Alpha] Karma System

Post by darkonia »

testbunny2 wrote:
andy2295 wrote:
"* User can disable karma for himself/herself"
This is controlable through the ACP first right? So admin can choose to disable that function..
* Karma at viewprofile and viewtopic pages
I'm not sure how it works, but do you karma a users posts, or the users profile in the viewtopic?
If it's the users posts, can one just ignore the instructions for viewtopic, and just have it in viewprofile?
And if I do that, will it only let a user rate a user once? (As opposed to infinite times through viewtopic.)

Anyways, it sounds great and good luck :)
Admin panel allows disable function and viewtopic adds Karma to user and also from viewprofile
Ok, thanks. Just some more questions:

Is it limited so that only a user can karma another user one time?
Or can he karma another user one more time for every new post?
And is it possible for a user to change what karma he gave another user?
you can give more then one karma to a user, like the shmk user feedback mod you can set in the acp, if a user can give more then one to the same user.
Timber_Ghost

Post by Timber_Ghost »

I just tried installing this on a new 3.0.4 board with automod and I received this..

Code: Select all

New Files

Source 	        Target 	                                Status
root/* 	           / 	                                Error
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html
Find

<!-- IF postrow.U_PM or postrow.U_EMAIL or postrow.U_WWW or postrow.U_MSN or postrow.U_ICQ or postrow.U_YIM or postrow.U_AIM -->

Add Before

<!-- [+] Karma and profile commenter MOD -->
<!-- IF postrow.S_KARMA_ENABLED -->
<dd><!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS --><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS}"><!-- ENDIF --><strong>{L_KARMA}:</strong> {postrow.KARMA}</dd><!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS --></a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE || postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE -->
<dd>
<span class="karma-icons">
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE --><span class="karma-increase-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_INCREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_INCREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE --><span class="karma-decrease-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_DECREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_DECREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
</span>
</dd>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- [-] Karma and profile commenter MOD -->

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

Wow this rocks! I'll wait a couple of days before installning when I have time. Thank you so much for doing this.
Tikva

Post by Tikva »

Just wanted to let you know that I have installed this on phpbb 3.04, and all is working well :D

I look forward to the full release of this long-awaited for Mod!!
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

Timber_Ghost wrote:I just tried installing this on a new 3.0.4 board with automod and I received this..

Code: Select all

New Files

Source 	        Target 	                                Status
root/* 	           / 	                                Error
styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html
Find

<!-- IF postrow.U_PM or postrow.U_EMAIL or postrow.U_WWW or postrow.U_MSN or postrow.U_ICQ or postrow.U_YIM or postrow.U_AIM -->

Add Before

<!-- [+] Karma and profile commenter MOD -->
<!-- IF postrow.S_KARMA_ENABLED -->
<dd><!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS --><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS}"><!-- ENDIF --><strong>{L_KARMA}:</strong> {postrow.KARMA}</dd><!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_COMMENTS --></a><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE || postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE -->
<dd>
<span class="karma-icons">
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE --><span class="karma-increase-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_INCREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_INCREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_INCREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE --><span class="karma-decrease-icon"><a href="{postrow.U_KARMA_DECREASE}" title="{L_KARMA_DECREASE}"><span>{L_KARMA_DECREASE}</span></a></span><!-- ENDIF -->
</span>
</dd>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- [-] Karma and profile commenter MOD -->

The Find specified by the MOD could not be found
It works ok with a manual install. Cannot comment on automod other than i have tried automod and only ever been able to install 3 out of 20 tried mods
b0n3Zs

Post by b0n3Zs »

great mod, thanks, using this on live :P
But, it needs some corrections:
1. Configurable karma power\karmas time to live. I mean, you can set in acp dependence of this(number of posts\reg date\karma)
2. Configurable "Disable karma per day " - config it, so it will work only on members\members+mods or something like that.

Thank you very much again ;)
b0n3Zs

Post by b0n3Zs »

anyone here? :cry:
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

I am working on the next release and will look into the above
rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz »

is there a way of seeing which members have been giving karma to a specific member?
is it possible to alter a members karma level ie in the admin CP?

fantastic mod BTW. easy to implement. thanks :)
rcnutterz

Post by rcnutterz »

how would you change the default 'number of users in toplist' in the UCP from 3 to 5? or remove this option altogether? is there a maximum setting in this to prevent users setting to to 356 (as an example) ;)
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

rcnutterz wrote:is there a way of seeing which members have been giving karma to a specific member?
is it possible to alter a members karma level ie in the admin CP?

fantastic mod BTW. easy to implement. thanks :)
There is not a way to see which members gave Karma to who. That tends to invite forum problems with members etc.

altering karma level via admin was taken out.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”