[ABD] Karma and Profile Comments System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
rcnutterz
Registered User
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by rcnutterz »

andy2295 wrote:altering karma level via admin was taken out.
may i ask why? is it possible to re-introduce it into the mod? more as a point of giving the admin the chance to edit karma if needed in cases where the karma system was being abused. :?:
andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by andy2295 »

rcnutterz wrote:
andy2295 wrote:altering karma level via admin was taken out.
may i ask why? is it possible to re-introduce it into the mod? more as a point of giving the admin the chance to edit karma if needed in cases where the karma system was being abused. :?:
I will have a look for the next update
cpucpu
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by cpucpu »

* Enable/Disable Karma via ACP
Can i totally disable karma, and stay with profile comments only?
User avatar
xendex
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by xendex »

Thank you for such a great work. Looking forward to meeting the next release!

P.S. Maybe if you have time, you can have a look at one of the topic rating mods - it's pity that all such mods are abandoned at the time, so phpBB3 doesn't have any at the moment. I think many people will be very thankful to you ;)
andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by andy2295 »

I have a topics rating mod ready. Just need to package it up when i get a minute
superj707
Registered User
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:20 am

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by superj707 »

xendex wrote:Thank you for such a great work. Looking forward to meeting the next release!

P.S. Maybe if you have time, you can have a look at one of the topic rating mods - it's pity that all such mods are abandoned at the time, so phpBB3 doesn't have any at the moment. I think many people will be very thankful to you ;)
and phpbb3 still doesn't have any decent rating system. ouch
superj707
Registered User
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:20 am

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by superj707 »

ok I want to install this mod.

I am going to try it out on 3.0.4 and I will report all experiences for the wealth of the board.

quick question.. has anyone tried ? http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... ilit=karma

and what is the difference between that and this ? ? (aside from "feedback" being in the title)
superj707
Registered User
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:20 am

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by superj707 »

the mod went off without a hitch. It's a splendid mod and I really like it. A few times the edits required were just a tad unclear. like the "finds" were a little short. mostly it was ok.

MY wishes.. I wish I could have a graphic instead of text link for adding or reducing someones karma. "like a humbs up or a thumbs down" or anything else.
superj707
Registered User
Posts: 1136
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:20 am

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by superj707 »

silly me... I forgot to upload the stylesheet.css
andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by andy2295 »

superj707 wrote:silly me... I forgot to upload the stylesheet.css
Glad you got it sorted
User avatar
hww
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: Wollongong, N.S.W., Australia

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by hww »

andy2295 wrote:
  • * Comments requirement may be disabled via ACP
    * Comments can be disabled via ACP
Hi Andy,

Could you please clarify what you mean by "comments requirement"?

Are users "required" to leave a comment when giving karma (unless disabled)?
Sorry for my English, but I am Australian. Forgive me please.
thesecret
Registered User
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by thesecret »

cpucpu wrote: Can i totally disable karma, and stay with profile comments only?
+ 1
andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by andy2295 »

hww wrote:
andy2295 wrote:
  • * Comments requirement may be disabled via ACP
    * Comments can be disabled via ACP
Hi Andy,

Could you please clarify what you mean by "comments requirement"?

Are users "required" to leave a comment when giving karma (unless disabled)?
Comments requirements are where it is a requirement to leave a comment when giving Karma

Unless disabled comments are required
andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by andy2295 »

thesecret wrote:
cpucpu wrote: Can i totally disable karma, and stay with profile comments only?
+ 1
No they are part of the same
sotis
Registered User
Posts: 294
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:56 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Karma and Profile Comments System

Post by sotis »

Can you add a permission for viewing comments?
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”