[ABD] Board Integrated Market System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sam
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Thompson

[ABD] Board Integrated Market System

Post by Sam » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:32 am

Modification Name: Board Integrated Market System
Author: Sam
Modification Description:: Adds a market.php page to your home directory that allows users to use the built-in cash system to purchase and sell items in their inventory. Items can do a variety of different things, such as assign ranks, give other items, and more functions coming soon.
Modification Version: 0.0.9
Requirements: Nothing specific yet
Features:
  • New instance of a phpBB *CP module system may be used
  • Built-in Cash System (multiple currencies)
  • Add Items to market
  • Add Items to user Inventory
  • Bank
  • Items can carry functions
  • Users can transfer items and cash
  • API Class to help more custom integration
  • Paypal support (configurable in the acp)
Screenshots: Sorry, none at this time
Demo URL: URL not available yet
Modification Download: No download available yet
Last edited by Sam on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:22 am, edited 8 times in total.

woipi90

Re: [DEV] Board Integrated Market System

Post by woipi90 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:26 pm

i'm waiting for this one....

before the hacker attack you were on version 0.0.2.... can you update your progress and current version in this post....

when will it beavailable and will it be also available for automod?

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:57 pm

I hope you build paypal into this. Alot of boards could use a shop but dont have the cash mod installed. Alot of mods like this requires the cash mod, imo that just limits the use of these types of mods.

Good luck. Alot of good features in this nice mod.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:16 am

hy....

do you already have an releasedate for this mod????

grz woipi
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:09 am

when will we see a release?

grz woipi
-----

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:52 am

i wait for this :ugeek:
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:55 pm

I have begun some heavy work on this, basically laying out the tables and such, if anyone wants to see specific features, then please let me know now before the tables are all set up.

Also, I do want to say I am making an API class which will allow people who really get custom with their to use functions such as $market->add_cash($user_id, $amount-added);

kirinelf

Post by kirinelf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:44 am

As stated in my Mod Request thread here, I'll be keeping an eye on this mod. I have features I'd like to see in this mod listed in the thread, but if you are unable to implement them in an Alpha, Beta, RC or final release, then if it wouldn't bother you too much, I'd like instructions/tutorials/walkthroughs on implementation.
I am the Fallen Angel. Have me as your enemy and you will fall to my thousand blades. Have me as your friend and I will aid you in all I can, for I am he who commands life and death.

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:55 am

Don't worry, I am making sure this is well documented for both those who want to add stuff on themselves on the code side, and those are into just the general usage.

kirinelf

Post by kirinelf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 am

Hmm... One question: Will the documentation be coding-newbie friendly? Or would a basic knowledge of php be needed? I'm guessing it's the latter, but more information is always better.
I am the Fallen Angel. Have me as your enemy and you will fall to my thousand blades. Have me as your friend and I will aid you in all I can, for I am he who commands life and death.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:46 am

a little php knowledge is a must by all mods in development
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

kirinelf

Post by kirinelf » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:56 am

You have a point there. Well, my php knowledge is virtually nil: I can look at a piece of code and somewhat understand what's going on and what it does, what I don't know/understand is HOW it does that. If that makes sense. I'm just worried if I won't be able to understand the documentation, but then I guess I could just post here. But then again, I'm going off-topic.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 am

when you dont know what you do, then only install mods from the MODDB its more secure for you.

The mods in Dev are how the name says in beta status and often spicks with bugs...

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:54 pm

I am starting to write the functions now, there are three main sections:
-Cash
-Bank
-Market

I am making 2 types of bank accounts, Savings and Certificate of Deposit, they can't touch before it matures unless they want to loose all their interest.

Bank accounts and user inventory will be a new tab in the UCP. You can manage everything there as a user.

Int the ACP, a new tab will be introduced, as well as a new drop down item for admin use editing, called market, you can change their cash amount, edit inventory, and manage their bank accounts. The new auth plugin will make it able to set individual users from using the market in the event that you need them banned from using it.

If anyone wants to have items carry specific functions, please post here, I will be making a list of all the functions the items will hold.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:02 pm

why a new cash system ?

why not only a good shop mod what cooperating with the points mods.

- Ultimate Points Mod or Simple Points mod

both uses the variable user_points ?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”