[ABD] Board Integrated Market System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
darkonia

Re: [DEV] Board Integrated Market System

Post by darkonia » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:30 pm

-CoS- wrote:I'm using Advanced Points Mod, but I think it's abandoned, so I could switch to any other cash mod. Could I suggest you to add Robbery and Lottery as features of your own cash mod? (robbery give meaning to the bank in my forum).

when you want robbery etc, why you dont take the Ultimate Points Mod?
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 pm

darkonia wrote:
-CoS- wrote:I'm using Advanced Points Mod, but I think it's abandoned, so I could switch to any other cash mod. Could I suggest you to add Robbery and Lottery as features of your own cash mod? (robbery give meaning to the bank in my forum).

I second that... I recommend Ultimate Points Mod.

Sam
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Thompson

Post by Sam » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:59 pm

The way the multiple currencies will work will require this system that my co-developer and myself have created. A simple API interface form another mod would require a rewrite of the entire for for this mod.

-CoS-

Post by -CoS- » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:41 pm

keith10456 wrote:
darkonia wrote:

Yeah, I know, but I decided to go on Advanced Points Mod and modded a bit myself to do things that it wasn't doing as it was coded (as robbery levels).

For me, the only reason to change my points mod for another is a shop or any other major functionality. But my skills are not good enough to code a robbery system from the scratch, and I would like to keep them (Advanced Points Mod includes robbery and lottery) ;)

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:55 am

-CoS- wrote:
keith10456 wrote:
darkonia wrote:

Yeah, I know, but I decided to go on Advanced Points Mod and modded a bit myself to do things that it wasn't doing as it was coded (as robbery levels).

For me, the only reason to change my points mod for another is a shop or any other major functionality. But my skills are not good enough to code a robbery system from the scratch, and I would like to keep them (Advanced Points Mod includes robbery and lottery) ;)
Ultimate Points Mod includes lottery and robbery as well. The key point though is I don't believe Adrian (the mod author of APM) supports the AP mod anymore ;)

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 am

The way the system is planned to work and how it is being designed, any cash mod will be completely incompatible. Otherwise a multiple currency system, item requirement, and alchemy system will not be possible.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

SyntaxError90 wrote:The way the system is planned to work and how it is being designed, any cash mod will be completely incompatible. Otherwise a multiple currency system, item requirement, and alchemy system will not be possible.
:cry:

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 pm

SyntaxError90 wrote:The way the system is planned to work and how it is being designed, any cash mod will be completely incompatible. Otherwise a multiple currency system, item requirement, and alchemy system will not be possible.

then this mod will for many people useless :(
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

-CoS-

Post by -CoS- » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 pm

darkonia wrote:
I don't think so. I'm willing to change my mod for this if I can finally get a shop. BTW, Alchemy system sounds great. Thank you for working in this mod. :D

Edited:
keith10456 wrote:Ultimate Points Mod includes lottery and robbery as well. The key point though is I don't believe Adrian (the mod author of APM) supports the AP mod anymore ;)
Yes, I know that APS is abandoned, but I'm too lazy to change a mod that is working for another that does the same, but thanks anyway for the tip. ;)

Desdenova

Post by Desdenova » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:20 pm

-CoS- wrote:
darkonia wrote:
I don't think so. I'm willing to change my mod for this if I can finally get a shop. BTW, Alchemy system sounds great. Thank you for working in this mod. :D
From our discussions on IRC regarding the Alchemy system, it sounds like it would be quite interesting to see in action...and from the way he explained it to me, it would definitely break compatibility with every other cash MOD.

The best thing everyone can hope for is a converter.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:12 am

Desdenova wrote:
-CoS- wrote:
darkonia wrote:
From our discussions on IRC regarding the Alchemy system, it sounds like it would be quite interesting to see in action...and from the way he explained it to me, it would definitely break compatibility with every other cash MOD.

Since UPM integrates with mods like the Arcade Mod and the phpBB Gallery Mod (among others) a converter wouldn't be the solution.

Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Post by Jorup16 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:17 pm

throwing version beta?

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:04 pm

keith10456 wrote:
Desdenova wrote:
-CoS- wrote:
darkonia wrote:

Since UPM integrates with mods like the Arcade Mod and the phpBB Gallery Mod (among others) a converter wouldn't be the solution.
i like syntax mods, but so i cant use it, its nothing for me, i stay on UPM and all my users too...

moonlightkisu
Name: Miss Moonlight

Post by moonlightkisu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:05 am

I read through the topic, but I didn't see any responses to this.

Is this the kind of "shop" that will able to send "gifts" to other users, change username/usertitle and font of both, lottery, etc?

I know it's a big project, but I just wanted to know if it's that kind of shop. Adrians's shop mod is good, but he doesn't have alot of time to fix/update it.

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:55 am

moonlightkisu wrote:I read through the topic, but I didn't see any responses to this.

Is this the kind of "shop" that will able to send "gifts" to other users, change username/usertitle and font of both, lottery, etc?

I know it's a big project, but I just wanted to know if it's that kind of shop. Adrians's shop mod is good, but he doesn't have alot of time to fix/update it.
Ah yes, I forgot about a transfer feature. It will have the ability to transfer items or money to another user, and you, as the admin, can specify rates if you wish. It should also have the ability to give a short message to send to the user during the transfer.

Regarding the changing usernames/user titles, Yes! I am compiling a list of 'functions' that items can be assigned to when used, and an API for people to add their own.

Now is the time for feature request, in the next week, the guy I am building this with and I will be getting a list together, a week after that is up, the feature list for the first beta will remain in a fairly locked state. We need an achievable goal, which is just building the base no, and we can always accept more feature requests after we get the first beta out.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”