[ABD] Board Integrated Market System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sam
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Thompson

Re: [DEV] Board Integrated Market System

Post by Sam » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:35 pm

I have been trying to find some way to hook into a preexisting cash system, but there would be many modifications to the cash mod, I can probably create converters upon request if anyone wishes to convert from another system. The cash mod I am making is so heavily integrated int the market it will be easier to write a new mod then to support a preexisting one. Not only that, but there are a few cash mods out there, and supporting one would place others at a disadvantage if I didn't support the one they had.

It is being released under the GPL v2, and the cash/market functions are separate. Basically, you may do with what you wish and what suits your board the best. ;)

stathisch

Post by stathisch » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:01 pm

Why don't you use the Ultimate Points System instead?

kirinelf

Post by kirinelf » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm

My reason: *Points at the previous page*

Just wondering, do people bother reading the entire topic before posting?

My main reason, summed up, is that there is currently no cash or shop mod that supports multiple currencies. There're other small reasons such as certain currencies being limited to certain user groups, but that's the main reason. And page 14 of the Ultimate Points Mod states clearly that they currently have no plans to implement it.
I am the Fallen Angel. Have me as your enemy and you will fall to my thousand blades. Have me as your friend and I will aid you in all I can, for I am he who commands life and death.

NulJunkie

Post by NulJunkie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:20 am

I'm excited for this. I know a little bit of PHP, so if you need help, OP, you can PM me. :]

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:18 am

The functions are now being written, I am still making a cash mod built it, it will
-support multiple currencies
-name each currency whatever you want,
-specify per currency if you want 2 decimal places or if you want it an integer
-add a prefix to each currency, choose to display ONE currency on the view topic for each user
-allow exchange of currencies
-Specify rate of exchange

-Specify posting/topic posting/voting wages on a per-group level

and much more :)

I can't possibly integrate a preexisting system without rebuilding it completely, especially having it work with the market, which is the main purpose of the mod.

kirinelf

Post by kirinelf » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:21 am

Hmm... If you don't mind another feature request, SyntaxError90, how hard would it be to code item requirements into the Market mod? For example, to buy Item A, I need Items B and C in my inventory, or it'll return an error? Maybe from one requirement up to five requirements?
I am the Fallen Angel. Have me as your enemy and you will fall to my thousand blades. Have me as your friend and I will aid you in all I can, for I am he who commands life and death.

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:26 am

kirinelf wrote:Hmm... If you don't mind another feature request, SyntaxError90, how hard would it be to code item requirements into the Market mod? For example, to buy Item A, I need Items B and C in my inventory, or it'll return an error? Maybe from one requirement up to five requirements?
I can probably give some simple requirements, but all the features might not be available in the beta release.

kirinelf

Post by kirinelf » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:29 am

It's no worry. I was just wondering how hard it'd be, since I don't want to overburden someone working for free. xD

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:49 am

kirinelf wrote:It's no worry. I was just wondering how hard it'd be, since I don't want to overburden someone working for free. xD
Whats another table and SQL querry :lol:

It really won't difficult, but that and quite a few other things I am planning wont make it in the first beta, I am just trying to get the structure of it established before I build off of it, it is rather large undertaking.

kirinelf

Post by kirinelf » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:02 am

To someone who knows nothing about coding, quite a lot. xD I'm pretty sure simple IF/ELSE commands won't be enough, but that's about it.

It's no worry, take your time. In the meantime, the site owner of my board will be trying his hand at it too. xD He can't code like me, but he learns fast unlike me.

Mr. Man123

Post by Mr. Man123 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:17 am

Full moral support from me! Hope you beat the guy who made Ultimate Points or are able to integrate into that system !

Tick-Tock

Post by Tick-Tock » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Can you comment on how difficult it would be to switch to using your currency system from using Handyman's? (Which does support multiple currencies, as far as I know..).We are currently using Handyman's and have been for some time, but depending on how it looks when it's finished, we might decide to switch to yours. My main concerns would be preserving logged transactions and users' values/amounts (that should be the easy bit).I'm not asking for a converter, just want to know (mainly about the logs)...

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Tick-Tock wrote:Can you comment on how difficult it would be to switch to using your currency system from using Handyman's? (Which does support multiple currencies, as far as I know..).We are currently using Handyman's and have been for some time, but depending on how it looks when it's finished, we might decide to switch to yours. My main concerns would be preserving logged transactions and users' values/amounts (that should be the easy bit).I'm not asking for a converter, just want to know (mainly about the logs)...
Ah the logs. Logs are going the admin's best friend when dealing with forum money. I can try to make a converter, if not, I will ensure you don't have to uninstall Handyman's mod, just disable it and remove it from the templates. You should be able to access the logs.

If neither of those work, I could just make a system to export his logs to some file and you can have those archived for future reference.

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:32 am

Alright, I am going to rewrite what I have so far. I have been messing around with some of the PayPal APIs, they seem simple enough to use, but it requires me to redesign some of what I had in mind.
Last edited by Sam on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:47 am

This is becoming a project of, dare I say it, epic proportions. If I do it alone, I fear that it will take a significant amount of time, time people do not want to wait.

I am very interested in hearing from PHP developers of all skill level. If you want to help with this project, I am getting a repo set up for us to use, and we can start developing. This will be a project that I hope I can get a few people to help out with, the more eyes we have looking at the code, and the more hands we have creating it, the better.

If you are interested in helping the development of this, please PM me. :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”