[ABD] Total Syndication Suite. 1.0.1 (RSS and ATOM)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
chrispenner

Re: [Beta] Total Syndication Suite. 1.0.1 (RSS and ATOM)

Post by chrispenner » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:06 pm

andy2295 wrote:
chrispenner wrote:I installed on my board, all appeared to go well, but when I try to generate a feed, I get an error:
error on line 1 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
I've noticed that the generated XML has five spaces before the "<?". If I edit in notepad and save it as XML, it opens just fine in any browser, so I'm thinking that I accidentally added a couple of spaces somewhere when updating my files.

Any idea as to where I can edit this? I've gone through generate_feed.php, but I don't see anything in there that doesn't look right (ie. spaces in the XML declaration line).

Thanks!

EDIT: Perhaps I should add that this happens for either Atom or RSS2. The only difference is in the number of spaces before the "<?." Atom gives me five leading spaces, while RSS2 gives me four.
Can you recheck your edits. We cannot simulate this error.
Yeah, I'll give it a re-try tomorrow and post back if I have further trouble. Thanks.

Randal258

Post by Randal258 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:54 am

I was wondering if there was any news yet from phpbb-seo in regards to this mod?

punkmax

Post by punkmax » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Thanks for the MOD!!!

Can anybody tell me if this MOD is compatible with phpBB 3.0.2?

I couldn't find the line with "A_COOKIE_SETTINGS" or similar in functions.php.

Thanks in advance.

optichosts

Post by optichosts » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:20 pm

Good Afternoon,

I have been using a simple RSS on my board currently but it doesn't support http auth. So i am trying to install this board and i keep receiving 2 errors.

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined index: LOG_DELETE_TOPIC in /home/madness/public_html/language/en/common.php on line 885

Notice: Undefined property: dbal_mysql::$mysql_version in /home/madness/public_html/install1/syndication_database.php on line 332

Code: Select all

/home/madness/public_html/language/en/common.php  "LOG_DELETE_TOPIC"

// Two language keys with the same text were used in different locations
// LOG_DELETE_TOPIC is the correct one, this line is here so that existing
// log entries are not broken. Ensure it is included in your language file.
$lang['LOG_TOPIC_DELETED'] = $lang['LOG_DELETE_TOPIC'];
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have tryed both version of the version_compare in the syndication_database.php file receive same errors

VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by VSE » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:37 pm

I really liked this mod and had it for several months, but I had to remove it as it was logging out some of my members (especially those using Safari). It eventually affected me too. Something about its session management was causing cookies to be destroyed immediately after login. As soon as I removed this mod, all login problems disappeared.
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

sitwi

Post by sitwi » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:19 pm

I have a question - can anyone please help?

I'd like to run an RSS feed on a particular user's posts. Is this possible?

Thanks for your time.

Justin_False

Post by Justin_False » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:25 pm

There should be more infos in the news items e.g. Author and forum.
What happens if a new forum is added to the board? There should be an option for the user to include new forums automatically in the feed.

Mitch1063

Post by Mitch1063 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:36 pm

I love this mod. Thanks for the support.
By the way what is the future of this mod with rss coming out in the 3.06 release?

VSE

Post by VSE » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:05 am

Can someone help explain what we can delete from our database after removing this mod?

I think it is:
Delete the table "user_syndication_method" from the USERS_TABLE
And delete from the CONFIG_TABLE:
"enable_syndication"
"syndication_items"
"syndication_ttl"
"syndication_default"

Is there anything else? Would have been nice to add an uninstall function to the database installer script. Thanks.
Dictated but not read.

garudai

Post by garudai » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:17 pm

HI,
How I can set to not feed a certain forum,
I head a forum witch is password protected, and I don't want to see the other peoples what is in that forum, only who heave pass to it.

Thank You, and ist a GREAT MOD!

Billy Boo Bob

Post by Billy Boo Bob » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi there.

I'm stepping in as a user of another board. It's a software support forum and the admin is very busy right now working on a beta of a new version. After kicking around with him some issues I'm running into I thought I'd ask the devs here and quit bugging him and let him move on with the beta of his software.

This might already be addressed in this version, and if so, I'll just let him know and wait for it to come out of beta here.

What I'm having trouble with is multiple feeds. What I'm trying to set up is one feed for all the public forums and one feed for the few private forums that I'm a member of. For the private forums feed I'm constantly running into errors in my reader (Mail.app on OS X) stating "To view this feed, you need to log in to area “private feed” on <our.forums>.com:80". The admin seems to think that it has to do with my multiple feeds and says he sees nowhere to enter or provide a user/pass for this dialog. I do, however, occasionally get the feed through OK. I suspect some sort of cookie issue because I'm constantly being logged out of phpBB, as well. We haven't been able to nail down if it's a cookie issue or not, but that's another issue that probably falls on the phpBB folks.

I have no problem setting up a feed that will provide a mix of the public and private messages, but I'd like to have them separated in my reader.

If there is something that I can pass on to him that should enable this in his current 1.0 I'd be glad to.

Thanks for your time.

Billy Boo Bob

Post by Billy Boo Bob » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:10 am

I wrote:What I'm having trouble with is multiple feeds. What I'm trying to set up is one feed for all the public forums and one feed for the few private forums that I'm a member of. For the private forums feed I'm constantly running into errors in my reader
Upon further investigation it turns out that with even just a single feed of just the private forums the error shows up, and it's been determined that the cookie that keeps a login active is getting hosed somehow. It's starting to look more and more like a cookie issue with phpBB, since the auto-login is lost in the web site forum without the feed even coming into play.

Sorry to bother you with this when it appears, in the end, to not involve TSS.

VSE

Post by VSE » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:43 am

I removed this mod from my board...

But it still shows up in my permissions settings in the ACP under Forum Permissions, looks like:
{ acl_f_syndication }

How can I get rid of this?

It looks like I can delete f_syndication from phpbb_acl_options and anything in phpbb_acl_roles_data that has the same auth_option_id as f_syndication... Just want to be sure that is safe...
Dictated but not read.

Itachi81

Post by Itachi81 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:01 pm

Doing the upgrade with the version 3.0.6 I have a problem with this mod, I would keep it because I feel better than that of the feed you have put those phpbb, there will be an update to version 3.0.6?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”