[ABD] Custom Title Mod 3.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Hippie459MN

Re: [Beta] Custom Title Mod 3.0.0

Post by Hippie459MN »

I have been looking for a mod that allows custom titles. Installed and works like a champ! Thank you. :D

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

I still have my problem, any news?

PrattP

Post by PrattP »

Just installed this, but for some weird reason I can't see the custom title options in my ACP?

Everything else has seemed to work, but I can't test it.

An awesome mod, will be even awesomer when I can actually see if it'll work! :P Help appreciated, though I have double checked everything.

Toktok

Post by Toktok »

4) In the combo box on the right-hand side near the bottom, where it probably says "Attachment settings", select "Custom title settings".
5) Click on "Add module".
i could not find this. there is no file that i have to upload for module. how will custome title setting module will appear at acp? :?

PrattP

Post by PrattP »

Toktok wrote:
4) In the combo box on the right-hand side near the bottom, where it probably says "Attachment settings", select "Custom title settings".
5) Click on "Add module".
i could not find this. there is no file that i have to upload for module. how will custome title setting module will appear at acp? :?
See that bit works for me, I just for some reason can't select the permissions, as they don't appear. :|

andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

Having a look to see if there is anything obvious but the problem is i have installed this 4 times today and cannot get an error. Typical.

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

Lord Phobos wrote:I still have my problem, any news?
:(

PrattP

Post by PrattP »

andy2295 wrote:Having a look to see if there is anything obvious but the problem is i have installed this 4 times today and cannot get an error. Typical.
Thanks for checking mate, it's just weird. :/

I've installed every other mod I've wanted over the past few days without a hitch, but with this, one I really need, I can't see it in my permissions. Always the way. :lol:

I'll try starting again and trying it again today, and let you know if I get the same results. Thanks for making a much needed mod for phpbb3! :D

Agent F

Post by Agent F »

Any reason this mod allows 2-255 characters? What if the user wants to use a single character or none at all?

Trash-Master

Post by Trash-Master »

What's about the Portal? It has updated...

Best Regards,
Trash-Master
phpBB Version: 3.0.4
Style: Prosilver, Prosilver SE

tozequio

Post by tozequio »

I'm trying to install the mod in the subsilver2 style, but I'm facing the problem that in the ucp_pm_viewmessage, memberlist_view and viewtopic_body I can't find the exact lines we're supposed to change. Anyone has a clue how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

Agent F wrote:Any reason this mod allows 2-255 characters? What if the user wants to use a single character or none at all?
The limit is a configurable maximum that allows administrators to slightly tailor the display to their themes. (For instance, some themes might work better with 50 characters than the default of 45.) It was mainly to prevent users from entering arbitrarily large strings.

In any case, it should allow them to leave it blank, or any length string up to the maximum.

As to why the maximum can't be set to 1, I haven't the foggiest clue. While I am the original author, my memory doesn't seem to retain details like that going back to when I first wrote the thing for phpBB 2 in 2002 or 2003 or whenever it was. It would probably be a strange use case to set a maximum of 1, though...

As for the maximum of 255, I believe that's a database limitation of the VARCHAR field (or its equivalent).

Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

Please, there will be a solution to my issue? :(

Agent F

Post by Agent F »

Aexoden wrote:
Agent F wrote:Any reason this mod allows 2-255 characters? What if the user wants to use a single character or none at all?
The limit is a configurable maximum that allows administrators to slightly tailor the display to their themes. (For instance, some themes might work better with 50 characters than the default of 45.) It was mainly to prevent users from entering arbitrarily large strings.

In any case, it should allow them to leave it blank, or any length string up to the maximum.

As to why the maximum can't be set to 1, I haven't the foggiest clue. While I am the original author, my memory doesn't seem to retain details like that going back to when I first wrote the thing for phpBB 2 in 2002 or 2003 or whenever it was. It would probably be a strange use case to set a maximum of 1, though...

As for the maximum of 255, I believe that's a database limitation of the VARCHAR field (or its equivalent).
I figured it was the field type that limited the size to 255 and that's fine. I'm just wondering why you can't use one character or none at all. If you set a usergroup to use the feature and one user of the group wants to use 1 character as their rank title, they should have the option. Same if they'd like to not have a rank title at all. I'm wondering about the low end of the limits, not the high end.

Aexoden
Name: Jason Lynch

Post by Aexoden »

Agent F wrote:I figured it was the field type that limited the size to 255 and that's fine. I'm just wondering why you can't use one character or none at all. If you set a usergroup to use the feature and one user of the group wants to use 1 character as their rank title, they should have the option. Same if they'd like to not have a rank title at all. I'm wondering about the low end of the limits, not the high end.
It doesn't set the range of title lengths that a user can use. The 2 to 255 restriction only applies to the maximum length set by the administrator. I believe the default is 45 characters. So users can either set no title at all, or any title from 1 to 45 characters.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”