[ABD] Custom Title Mod 3.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
autinhyeu

Re: [Beta] Custom Title Mod 3.0.0

Post by autinhyeu »

This mod will support HTML too?
Thanks!
phpBB Community in Vietnamese: http://www.phpbbvn.com

Sorry, my English language is fine impossible
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Any plan for a point system integration?
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

Hi all

I know that Custom Title Mod is still in beta version, I've used without problems on phpbb 3.0.4, but after upgrading phpbb to 3.0.5 it doesn't work.

I've upgraded the board using the automatic upgrade procedure and uploading the new files manually via ftp.

All the modifications to the php files made by the mod are still present after the upgrade, the database contains the right keys too, but however, I don't know why, is not working, but I've found no errors, just I can't see the Custom Title on the posts. On the ACP all the custom titles settings seems to work and all users have their custom title on ther profile.

Can someone help me on this issue or suggest me some kind of workaround?

thank you very much.
Blogzine and forum about informatics and technology, for italian speaking people.

www.mondowin.com
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

I would like to send a private message to andy2295, the author of the mod, but unfortunately having less of five posts I cannot.

I think to made 3 other posts just to be able to send a private message is pretty stupid by my side... any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Blogzine and forum about informatics and technology, for italian speaking people.

www.mondowin.com
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

its the same prob by me, after update on 3.0.5, nothing goes with this mod anymore :|
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

darkonia wrote:its the same prob by me, after update on 3.0.5, nothing goes with this mod anymore :|
Well, why don't you send a PM to andy2295 ? You have so much posts to do that, I can't ;)

Maybe andy2295 will be so kind to help us ;)

www.mondowin.com
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

he was so long not on this board and he only make the mods in a version, that they have no bugs, he dont ever write a complete mod, he only take over, clean from bugs and nothing more...i dont think he can more, but maybe im on a false way saing this, maybe...
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

darkonia wrote:he was so long not on this board and he only make the mods in a version, that they have no bugs, he dont ever write a complete mod, he only take over, clean from bugs and nothing more...i dont think he can more, but maybe im on a false way saing this, maybe...
Just even try, Darkonia, don't cost a thing. ;)

www.mondowin.com
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

So, what?

No one can help me?

Ok another step ahead... I've sent a PM to the author of the mod.

www.mondowin.com
Darthy

Post by Darthy »

I mananged to get html working.

there are 4 files you need to edit:
ucp_pm_viewmessage.php
ucp_profile.php
viewtopic.php
memberlist.php

in every file look for: 'CUSTOM_TITLE'
then look for a piece of code (there is exactly one in each file) that goes along the lines of:
'CUSTOM_TITLE' => xxx,
xxx is different in each file

replace it with
'CUSTOM_TITLE' => htmlspecialchars_decode(xxx),

for example
change
'CUSTOM_TITLE' => $custom_title,
to
'CUSTOM_TITLE' => htmlspecialchars_decode($custom_title),

ALWAYS make sure that the "htmlspecialchars_decode(" and ")" encompasses everything that is on the right of the "=>" EXCEPT for the "," at the end of the line.

Hope this helps,

Darthy
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

I've done as you said:

On the 4 files I've replaced the rows that contains "CUSTOM_TITLE" wrote in uppercase adding the htmlspecialchars_decode, I've not changed anything where "custom_tile" was wrote NOT in uppercase, right?

Afeter that I've cleaned my cache, but didn't works... I don't see the custom titles, just the normal group indication.

I've forgotten something? Maybe I need to add the htmlspecialchars_decode also in the other rows with custom_title indicated in lowercase?

www.mondowin.com
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

Edit: what I wrote here was an error... Sorry :(

www.mondowin.com
Deathly Hallow

Post by Deathly Hallow »

Does someone have some pictures for me, from profile and viewtopic please, just to a look at it, before I get to install it.

and does it work at phpbb 3.0.5? and is it still supported for new versions?
mondowin

Post by mondowin »

Deathly Hallow wrote: and does it work at phpbb 3.0.5? and is it still supported for new versions?
I don't think so!

After the upgrade to 3.0.5 this mod doesn't works properly, I'm affraid.

I'm still waiting for news about some workaround to get it works.... I've also sent a PM to the author of the mod, but he didn't read it yet.

www.mondowin.com
Deathly Hallow

Post by Deathly Hallow »

Auwgh, that;s bad. I hope he'll read it, and will update it, as far as I read the discription, I suppose it;s a very good modification!

Still, if peoplke have some screens, please show them! :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”