[ABD] 3DCaptcha Olympus 0.4.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: [BETA] 3DCaptcha Olympus 0.2.0

Post by RMcGirr83 »

3Di wrote:thx, lol you used add before there.. :o
Meh, thought it would be easier for users.
I'll change it later on today if not you and pls put there your credits u know. ;)
Leaving for Ireland, be my guest also the credits are not necessary. ;)
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: [BETA] 3DCaptcha Olympus 0.2.0

Post by 3Di »

RMcGirr83 wrote:Meh, thought it would be easier for users.
I changed the FIND to include also the comment. ;)
๐Ÿ†“ Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
๐Ÿš€ Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity ยบ PhpStorm's proud user ยบ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
3Di
Former Team Member

Re: [BETA] 3DCaptcha Olympus 0.3.0

Post by 3Di »

BETA 0.3.0 released, see first post.
## 2009-02-17 - Version 0.3.0 beta
## - we now use the generateCaptchaTextRandom to generate characters "a-z/A-Z/1-9 (no zero, no 'o', no 'O')" though)
## - common language file modded to fit the above change
## - better FIND in ucp_register.php
## - added language file also for future implementations
## - packaged as MODX 1.2.2
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity ยบ PhpStorm's proud user ยบ Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
microUgly

Post by microUgly »

I had written a captcha generator a few weeks ago and hadn't had a chance to see how to implement it in phpBB3. I downloaded yours to save myself some time searching through the code for how.

Anyway, your install steps lead me to a way to integrate my own captcha generator with a single line of code. I thought you might be interested.

I put my image generating code into a class called "captcha" and created a new method called "execute" which takes two parameters, $code and $seed. You then put the code to generate the image in the execute method, set the headers, and output the image. For example

Code: Select all

<?php
class captcha
{
  function execute($code, $seed)
  {
    $image = generateCaptcha($code);   

header('Content-type: image/png');
    header('Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store');
    header("Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT");
    imagepng($image);
    imagedestroy($image);
  }

/* The rest of my code that actually creates the image...*/
}
?>
execute() doesn't need to use $seed, but it needs to accept it if you want to reuse the code already in phpBB.

The in "includes/ucp/ucp_confirm.php", find "include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/captcha/captcha_gd.' . $phpEx);" and replace with the include path for your captcha class.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

The phpbb3 core code already does that, in effect. ;) see includes/captcha/*.*

I'm instead working on a different solution, the class I created for the next version does not affect the native captcha but adds itself to the ACP options for it, like an alternate solution the user can choice from.

Thank you. :)
madguy

Post by madguy »

After I install the MOD and try to register, after I agree to the terms I get a JPEG image with the URL of registration page! I think that the reason is in these headers in ucp_register.php...
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

madguy wrote:After I install the MOD and try to register, after I agree to the terms I get a JPEG image with the URL of registration page! I think that the reason is in these headers in ucp_register.php...
Would you mind to post a screenshot of the issue? :roll:
sbd1965

Post by sbd1965 »

Hi,

First, thanks for the mod.

I've installed this and it seems to basically be working fine. My one comment is that the explanation as provided in common.php:

Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case "sensitive", there are (no zero, no o, no O).
Is apparently incorrect. As far as I've been able to tell, all letters are actually case insensitive. I've confirmed this on my site with the mod installed, as well as on your demo-site at http://gold.io3di.com/ucp.php?mode=register

Unless I''m doing something drastically wrong, I am able to successfully register using any mixture of upper and lower case that I choose, as long as I get the letters presented in the CAPTCHA correct.

I don't know if your preference is to fix the code to make it truly case-sensitive or to change the description to say that it is case insensitive. I've done the latter on my board for now.

Thanks again.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Thanks for feedback. I'll test it out myself and fix it of course. I do prefer to have it case SenSiTiVe. :)
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

sbd1965 wrote:I don't know if your preference is to fix the code to make it truly case-sensitive or to change the description to say that it is case insensitive.

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
posting.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
		if (empty($confirm_row['code']) || strcasecmp($confirm_row['code'], $confirm_code) !== 0)
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
//--- MOD: 3DCaptcha Olympus ------------------------------
//		if (empty($confirm_row['code']) || strcasecmp($confirm_row['code'], $confirm_code) !== 0)
		if (empty($confirm_row['code']) || strcmp($confirm_row['code'], $confirm_code) !== 0)
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
includes/ucp/ucp_register.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
						if (strcasecmp($row['code'], $data['confirm_code']) === 0)
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------
#
//						if (strcasecmp($row['code'], $data['confirm_code']) === 0)
						if (strcmp($row['code'], $data['confirm_code']) === 0)
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]--------------------------------
#
# EoM
please let me know if now it works as expected. :)

edit: added also the guests part of the fix.
Last edited by 3Di on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madguy

Post by madguy »

3Di wrote:
madguy wrote:After I install the MOD and try to register, after I agree to the terms I get a JPEG image with the URL of registration page! I think that the reason is in these headers in ucp_register.php...
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8122/screenshotjd4.png
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

madguy wrote:
3Di wrote:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8122/screenshotjd4.png
I see, hmm. Please post here: http://gold.io3di.com/pastebin.php your includes/ucp/ucp_register.php file as PHP highlight, thank you.

Do you have GD library enabled in your php.ini? Have a look with the phpinfo facility provided by your phpBB3 ACP, thanks.
madguy

Post by madguy »

3Di wrote:I see, hmm. Please post here: http://gold.io3di.com/pastebin.php your includes/ucp/ucp_register.php file as PHP highlight, thank you.
http://gold.io3di.com/pastebin.php?mode=view&s=2
Do you have GD library enabled in your php.ini? Have a look with the phpinfo facility provided by your phpBB3 ACP, thanks.
phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons. :( Waiting for hosting staff to reply... :arrow:
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

madguy wrote:
3Di wrote:I see, hmm. Please post here: http://gold.io3di.com/pastebin.php your includes/ucp/ucp_register.php file as PHP highlight, thank you.
http://gold.io3di.com/pastebin.php?mode=view&s=2
phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons. :( Waiting for hosting staff to reply... :arrow:
Okay, anyway here's the Vanilla phpBB3.0.4 file I modded: http://gold.io3di.com/pastebin.php?mode=view&s=3

there was a small error and I fixed there the latest bug as per the above posts, use this instead and let me know, please.
madguy

Post by madguy »

3Di wrote:Okay, anyway here's the Vanilla phpBB3.0.4 file I modded: http://gold.io3di.com/pastebin.php?mode=view&s=3

there was a small error and I fixed there the latest bug as per the above posts, use this instead and let me know, please.
Nope, it didn't fix the bug. :(

Return to โ€œ[3.0.x] Abandoned MODsโ€