Modification Description:: Allows multiple forum installations to use the same set of phpBB3 files.
Modification Version: 0.3.2 (Dev)
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: 10 Minutes
Files To Edit:
Tested With: phpBB 3.0.4
- One set of files for multiple phpBB installs
- Loads a different database config based on domain
- One avatar galary for all installs
- Individual files and upload avatar directory per install - Makes it easy to delete an entire board
Demo URL: http://test1.zenorsoft.com
Demo Username: Demo (gives limited ACP access)
Demo Password: demo123
Bug Tracker http://www.zenorsoft.com/bugtracker
Modification Download: Version 0.3.2 Available for Download
Please consider donating to support the development of this modification.
Version History and Dev Track
Version 0.1 - 16 Feb 2009
- Get the subdomain and load associated db values
- Use separate cache, files, and images directories based on subdomain
- Tested on 3.0.4
- Prevent ACP from changing files directory and avatar upload directory
- Move db configs to a new file
- Created simple setup file
- Tested on 3.0.4
- Fixed a typo in multi_forum_config.php (Thanks kmklr72)
- Added ranks to the domain folder and config file
- Changed the mod to read the full domain name, not just the subdomain
- Used phpBB3 dbal class for db config
- Made the installer a lot more detailed
- ACP page caches properly per domain.
- ACP Page created
- Master Domain is set in the config file, other domains cannot view certain ACP modes for Multi-Forum ACP.
- List of all domains retrieved and listed only for the Master Domain in the ACP.
- Full GUI Configuration & Installation Script, no more editing config files manually
- Add css to the installer to make the setup look nicer.
- Permission System for Multi Forum
- Using UMIL to install the ACP pages with correct modes based on if domain is master or not
- Each domain can select if it wants to use global or local ranks directory and avatar gallery.
- List all domains in the ACP along with version number, and basic info such as enable status
- Add a new forum to Multi-Forum [strong]Note:[/strong] You still need to install the forum db on your own
- Fixed the bug with the display of the domain's settings
- Master ACP can create a new forum complete with db installation
- When a new phpBB version is released, run the db changes on every user from the Master ACP
- Add custom sql field to run commands on select (or all) domains, restrict which admins can access this - i.e. for adding mods
- Set a userid for each forum to use when interacting
- Post a message to a forum (or all forums at once) - i.e. for announcing updates, down time, etc
- See Private Messages available for the set userid in the Master ACP
- Select 1 domain to view it from the Master ACP, lists all forums and posts and can post as if actually browsing that forum - Maybe, might be unpractical to do
- When doing a backup, only allow the current domain DB to be backed up and restored (in case the same db is being used with different prefixes)
- Allow non-master domains to send a message to the master acp domain admin
- Each domain needs its own styles directory to upload custom styles