[ABD] Multi-Forum 0.3.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
piv91
Name: Artyom Pivovarov

Re: [DEV] Multi-Forum 0.3.1

Post by piv91 »

Hi!
I'm from Russia.
I have installed your script on my phpbb3 and i had a question. How to add a new domain? I have a Denwer3 localhost. In the phpbb3 directory appeared a file "domains".
Prompt me, please.
Sorry for my terrible english
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

I'm still working on that part. That's why this is still a development level and not Alpha. Once I figure out how to add a new domain I'll release the alpha version.

If anybody wants to help with that, please contact me, I'm having trouble figuring it out. :D
piv91

Post by piv91 »

OK.
And how you have made a domains on a demo site, e.g test1.zenorsoft.com?
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

For now different domains are created when you install the addon. Follow the directions to install the mod, and you will be asked about current domains that you want to add.

The mod installation assumes that you have a forum for each domain already created, and pointed to your main directory. Then it does the work to setup the various domains within the system.

The next thing I'm working on is how to create a new forum from within the mod. I've got someone helping me with it now so hopefully it will be done soon. If anybody knows how to help us, please contact me.
piv91

Post by piv91 »

OK, thanks.
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

There is a poll open for Multi-Forum. Give your input on the development of this awesome mod!

http://zenorsoft.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=822

Please give input guys, your input helps drive this mod.
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

This is an interesting modification.
I'm guessing since different boards use different database entries, each individual board could have it's own set style?

Otherwise, this might be something that could be put to good use :)
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

drumstix42 wrote:This is an interesting modification.
I'm guessing since different boards use different database entries, each individual board could have it's own set style?

Otherwise, this might be something that could be put to good use :)
That is correct. If you look at the test forums, http://test1.zenorsoft.com and http://test2.zenorsoft.com they both have different styles they are using.

As of now, the styles are limited to what is installed by the main admin of all the forums, but later I'll make it so each individual board owner can install their own files without putting it in the phpbb's root directory.
MasterZ

Re: [DEV] Multi-Forum 0.3.2

Post by MasterZ »

0.3.2 has been released!

More functionality is being added. We are still trying to work on getting the ACP to install a new forum. We are partway there. You need to install a forum db on your own, but after that you can add the forum to Multi-Forum from inside the ACP.

UMIL is used for the installer now, which is NOT included. You will need to install that on your own. Just put the umil directory in your phpBB root directory before you run the installer script.
danopia
Name: Daniel Lamando

Post by danopia »

You can let people who have their own MySQL process (or know the admin) create an account that can create accounts and databases, then enter that into the main ACP so that it has everything it needs so set up subboards (I think).
Hackers are not criminals. Hackers are the only people out there to keep crackers and virus coders on the run. Hackers are misconstrued by the media, but in reality, they do not cause damage or steal. Hackers tell system administrators of the faults of their software, and keep the Internet safe from those who don't.

phpBB3 MODs: Simple Topic Calendar
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

We are going to try to use phpBB's native installer and just adapt it into our ACP. We want the process to be easy so we can quickly add future versions of phpBB.
Solo4868

Post by Solo4868 »

Hey MasterZ, How this going now days?

Last time I was here you had got a fair bit done with it, hows the ACP coming? Feel free to drop me a PM i'm interested in helping ;)
Clan Space
http://www.clan-space.co.uk
Providing free forums for clan's and gaming communities.
darkonia

Post by darkonia »

when i use demo link this appears:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysqld.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Since the author hasn't posted since July '09, I think it's safe to say he has forgotten about it.

But in case he returns, I have a question: does this allow you to share one userbase across different installations as well as one set of files, or does it just share the files and make a new database for each installation?
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
Solo4868

Post by Solo4868 »

imkingdavid wrote:Since the author hasn't posted since July '09, I think it's safe to say he has forgotten about it.

But in case he returns, I have a question: does this allow you to share one userbase across different installations as well as one set of files, or does it just share the files and make a new database for each installation?
New database installation, so every forum is different from the other, It doesn't share users or any of that content, I remember that much ;)
Clan Space
http://www.clan-space.co.uk
Providing free forums for clan's and gaming communities.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”