[ABD] Multi-Forum 0.3.2

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Wayn3

Re: [DEV] Multi-Forum 0.3.2

Post by Wayn3 »

i passed the step .. but now appear this :

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kestiii/public_html/forum/multi_forum_install/index.php:32) in /home/kestiii/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php  on line 3543
../domains/kestii.info/forum/cache/ is NOT writable.
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

You need to make sure the cache/ directory listed is writable.
Wayn3

Post by Wayn3 »

is writable... is chmoded 777
and this error ? Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

Wayn3 wrote:is writable... is chmoded 777
and this error ? Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
The headers error only appears because phpBB is trying to add more information to the top of the page (the error message) after the headers are already created. Basically it's just an error stating there is another error. If you get the other error not to show up this one will go away, so can be ignored anytime you see that.

Anyway, on to the real problem...
The directory exists and is 777 but still you get that error? Maybe try making everything inside of the /domains/ directory 777 and make it recursive so it applies to all files and folders.
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

I have way too many projects to work on, but I want to work on each and every one of them. So to remedy this delima I am leaving it up to you to decide which project I work on next.

After I reach the first Beta release of my Random Signature MOD, which I am currently working on, I will work on whichever project has the most votes on the poll linked to below. Voting is easy, just register on my forum (it's really easy if you have a yahoo, gmail, or OpenID account) and then vote on the 2 projects you want me to complete. I will continue working on that project until it reaches the next release version, and then I will go back to the vote again.

Click here to Vote!

If you want to see any of my projects worked on then vote, otherwise I may spend my time working on one of my non-phpBB projects.

Thank you,
- MasterZ
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

As my current project (Random Signatures MOD) gets close to it's first Beta release I will be starting work again on another of my projects. Which project that will be is up to you.

Please Vote for which project you think should be the next project I will work on. Voting only takes a few seconds.

Right now there is a race between the Role Playing Forum (RPF) MOD and the phpBB OpenID MOD.

Support the project you want to see the next release of with a free vote, or purchasing extra votes.

The poll will be closed Tuesday, June 29th at 10:30pm Eastern.
renaud4

Post by renaud4 »

could there be a version that dosent use subdomains? as i am only 11 going on 12 in 6 days, and i dont have money to buy a domain name. i already have a multiforum, but i see the biggest chunk of php at the top of all the forums. see for yourself [url = http://superfreeforum.com.nu/forums/test]test forum use with mihalism multiforum.[/url]
it says something about magic quotes deprecated an a ton of likes that say cannot modify header
mr_ready

Post by mr_ready »

Hello phpBB world! I have been a phpBB fan since the good ol' days of 1.4.4 in 2001. I really love phpBB over all forum software and really do suggest it to all who want a fully customizable and fully controlable forum on their website. I just now decided to re register (after losing my password and username some years ago due to a long abscence.) so here I am. :D

Any ways, to the point of my post...

Since I have been using phpBB for so many years, I really want to start my own phpBB hosting site with two options. 1)Free with ads...2)payed with no ads. I am not new to phpBB itself but I have never ever edited any codes because I always like it exactly the way it was, bone stock phpBB 3 is "perfect!".

So, while doing some research online through Google, I was looking for good phpBB hosting scripts to add to my website and all I found were ones that cost 99USD, or 9USD per month and all that junk, and none of them (except one) were trustowrthy and had a lot of complaints. So, in my research I wound up here in this thread. I really like this MOD and I am going to impliment it on my website that I am creating for simple phpBB hosting.

Now, I have my main site content which has my phpBB hosting informations, you know...some documentation, some feedback areas, etc. My support forum as you may guess will be ran by phpBB (which is located in the mysitename.com/support folder) and so on and so forth.

I have got as far as the install page (/mysite.com/support/multi_forums_installer) and I filled out everything accurately (Db's etc) but at the end I always get a 404 error. Does anyone know why?

I am 99% positive that I have entered everything correctly on the pages below...
Multi-Forum Setup

URL Master Domain - (mysite.com)
The Master Domain is the domain name (forum) that controls all other forums.

Default Domain - (mysite.com)
The Domain name used if someone somehow reaches this forum from a domain name that is not recognized.

Global / Individual DB (I chose Individual)
A Global DB means every forum uses a single database with different prefixes. Individual DBs means that each forum has its own database.

List of Domain Names - mysitename.com/support
Domain DB Configuration
mysitename.com/support

DB Host 'localhost'
DB Port #
Database Name ********_*******
Database UserName ********_*******
Database Password **************
Forum Prefix _masterphpbb
The last page of the install gives me this message:

Writing Config File
Status Successfully tested writing a file to the server.
Successfully wrote the Database Connect File.
Make Directory /domains Pass.
Next Step
Next we will need to connect to each site to make sure the domains are pointed to the right place and the database is setup correctly.

If clicking the next step takes you to an error 404 page then double check your domain configuration to make sure it is pointing to the same directory.

...but it still gives me a error 404 every time, no matter how I modify the information I gave it originally...Am I doing something wrong here in the setup process? Please help :)

EDIT:
btw I am using phpbb 3.0.7
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

A 404 error means that the page was not found. You need to make sure all of the domain names point to the same forum directory.
digi

Post by digi »

Hm, got the same problem as mr_ready. I (think) my settings are ok and the script keeps on throwing 404 in my face. Tried a lot of different settings but nothing seems to work.

Getting desperate ;)
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

digi wrote:Hm, got the same problem as mr_ready. I (think) my settings are ok and the script keeps on throwing 404 in my face. Tried a lot of different settings but nothing seems to work.

Getting desperate ;)
This script is based on multiple subdomains being pointed to the same directory on the web server. If you are getting a 404 then make sure that the subdomain that is giving the 404 is pointed to the root phpBB directory.
SuperFedya

Post by SuperFedya »

Hi,
Can I share the same tables for the 2 forums? Like a user table or sessions?
Thanks
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

SuperFedya wrote:Hi,
Can I share the same tables for the 2 forums? Like a user table or sessions?
Thanks
This mod uses a different DB per forum. Sorry.
rolimat

Post by rolimat »

Can I split my forum in some slaves forums with this mod?? Could I see an index page like on my current forum with one link for any slave forum??

Thank you so much!!!
*Bugenhagen*

Post by *Bugenhagen* »

Hello!
This extention doesnt work on my Server. I have upload all files, and edit. After this, I run the script. But the link is the second domain (slave.domain.de) and not the master (master.domain.de).
So, I think, I have do anything wrong.
Here are the edited files:

includes/template.php

function set_template()
	{
		global $phpbb_root_path, $user, $current_domain;
-------------------------------
        	if (file_exists($phpbb_root_path . 'styles/' . $user->theme['template_path'] . '/template'))
		{
			$this->root = $phpbb_root_path . 'styles/' . $user->theme['template_path'] . '/template';
			$this->cachepath = $phpbb_root_path . '/' . $current_doman . '/cache/tpl_' . str_replace('_', '-', $user->theme['template_path']) . '_';

if ($this->orig_tpl_storedb === null)
includes/acm/acm_file.php

function acm()
	{
		global $phpbb_root_path, $current_domain;
		$this->cache_dir = $phpbb_root_path  . 'domains/' . $current_domain . '/cache/';
	}
/includes/acp/acp_attachments.php

// 'upload_path'			=> array('lang' => 'UPLOAD_DIR',			'validate' => 'wpath',	'type' => 'text:25:100', 'explain' => true),
/includes/acp/acp_board.php

// avatar_path'			=> array('lang' => 'AVATAR_STORAGE_PATH',	'validate' => 'rwpath',	'type' => 'text:20:255', 'explain' => true),
						// 'avatar_gallery_path'	=> array('lang' => 'AVATAR_GALLERY_PATH',	'validate' => 'rpath',	'type' => 'text:20:255', 'explain' => true)
/includes/multi_forum_domains.php

// Multi Forum Configuration //
$domain_global_db = true;
$domain_default = 'www.master.example.de/';
$domain_master = 'www.master.example.de/';

$domain_config['GLOBAL'] = array(
	"dbhost"	=> "****",
	"dbport"	=> "",
	"dbname"	=> "*****",
	"dbuser"	=> "*****",
	"dbpasswd"	=> "*****"
);

$domain_config['www.slave.example.de] = array(
	"prefix"	=> "example_"
);

?>
P.S.: I use a Style, which based on Prosilver. Also not Prosilve direct.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”