[ABD] Double Account Preventer

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
baloo

Re: [BETA] Double Account Preventer

Post by baloo » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 am

kmklr72 wrote: Also, if there are any ideas that you have for this MOD, I would be more than happy to here them :) .
Sounds great kmmlr.

other ideas, these based on how VB's AE Detector works:

Ability to PM Users (Admins, mods etc) if a duplicate is detected.
Ability to post the message in a forum if a duplicate is detected (i.e. an admin or mod only forum)
Ability to exclude certain groups from detection (i.e. every in Admin group)
Ability to exclude certain members from detection (if you know family members use the same PC, you can stop the checking to limit the number of alerts)

That's all I can think of for now.

kmklr72
Name: Kevin

Post by kmklr72 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:20 pm

What version are you using sotis? I believe I fixed this problem in Beta 2, but I'll go back over the code when I get home this afternoon.

@baloo
Those are some good ideas. I was already planning the PM notification but forum might make a good addition as well. I'll think about possibilities with the other things in your list and see if I can add them.

sotis

Post by sotis » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Oh, I see
I use old version, I will update and if there is a problem I will tell you.

sotis

Post by sotis » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:56 am

When I run dap_install.php I receive this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

[]

SQL

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT s.session_ip) as num_guests FROM phpbb_sessions s WHERE s.session_user_id = 1 AND s.session_time >= 1236985980

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions.php
LINE: 3485
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

LINE: 3518
CALL: obtain_guest_count()

LINE: 3726
CALL: obtain_users_online()

LINE: 3409
CALL: page_header()

FILE:
LINE:
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: dap_install.php
LINE: 37
CALL: trigger_error()

in /home/kaminata/public_html/includes/db/dbal.php on line 657

It is first time install of 1.0.0 b2
After that everything seems to work fine but I am not sure.

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:48 am

sotis, was that an upgrade or a fresh install? If it was an upgrade, you don't need to run dap_install.php, just do the file edits.

sotis

Post by sotis » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:03 pm

It is a fresh install and it appears only ones
If a run the script second time it says that I already have the changes in the database

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:48 pm

I don't know why that error would show up. The installer doesn't even deal with the sessions table. I've tried reproducing this error multiple times and have never had a problem. Either way, if the install went okay except for that error, then the database values should be in the database and you should be able to use the mod like normal.

sotis

Post by sotis » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:01 pm

kmklr72 wrote: Either way, if the install went okay except for that error, then the database values should be in the database and you should be able to use the mod like normal.
Yes, I think everything is fine after that. Probably this can be some conflict with another mod on my board. I don't care much for that as it works fine.
Last edited by sotis on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sotis

Post by sotis » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Another thing, the settings are:
Duplicate IP check at registration: Full scan
Cookie check at registration: Disabled

I receive e-mails for double accounts, but when I go and check users profile I can not find another user with the same IP.

The edits in memberlist_view.html are fine, and on the other cases when I test double accounts and register a new account from my PC it shows both users in profile.

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:29 pm

I noticed this as well while testing some new features in Beta 3, though I'm not quite sure what it could be. Either way, I am working on an actual list for users with user administration permissions to use. That way you won't have to individually check every user's profile. I just finished a much needed feature and I'm going to start working on this page. If there is anything you would like to see, I'd be more than grateful if you told them to me. I am trying to make it as close to what everyone wants as possible after all.

sotis

Post by sotis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:43 am

OK, thanks :)
I am thinking of case when two members of the family use one computer. If the cookie check is enabled they can not register from the same computer. I don't know how to solve this problem, just mention it to you.

sotis

Post by sotis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:27 pm

It will be good if there is some alert in the post section if the user uses same IP adres with another user, not a list with the names but just alert.

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:31 pm

The way I have it set up right now in Beta 3 is a notification PM and/or email (ACP configurable) gets sent when a duplicate account is created. I'm working on the duplicate accounts list and I am planning on adding a forum post notification method as well. Also, the cookie check in Beta 3 has been changed to only flag duplicate accounts rather than denying registration. I'm also considering integrating the StopForumSpam service and adding a refferer check.

kmklr72

Re: [RC1] Double Account Preventer

Post by kmklr72 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:59 am

Alright, I know it's been a couple of weeks since I've updated this MOD, but I have been working on it. I've also decided to update it to Release Candidate status as this is probably the last big feature addition this MOD is going to have. The 2 big new features in this MOD are pm and post notifications, each with customizable messages. The cookie check behavior has been fixed as well. Now it just flags the user as a double account rather than denying registration. The ACP module has also been split up a bit to keep the clutter to a minimum. Since this is the last big feature release, the future releases are really only going to be bug fixes, as I'm hoping to get this into the MODDB soon, and as usual, please report any bugs that you find during your tests.

Regards,
kmklr72

kmklr72

Re: [RC1] Double Account Preventer

Post by kmklr72 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:25 am

Just a small update on the status of this MOD, I'm still working on it. I'm adding the detection method to the notification in the next version so admins know exactly how the duplicate accounts get detected. I'm also planning on adding some sort of referrer check. If anyone has any thoughts on the development of this MOD or what should be in it, I would be more than happy to hear your thoughts.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”