[ABD] Double Account Preventer

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
kmklr72
Name: Kevin

Re: [RC] Double Account Preventer

Post by kmklr72 »

Hey there PHIL63. I know about that bug, and I've tried fixing it, but it is a really hard thing to do as it has to overwrite the user details (username, ip, etc). The last time I had it like that the users that were marked as duplicates were actually logged in during the registration redirect. Obviously, that isn't the best thing, so I decided to take it out for the time being. I am planning on looking at it again, but I have a few other things to look at first.

PHIL63

Post by PHIL63 »

Thank you for your quick reply.

As for me the mod works, I will send the MP.

Thank you again and congratulations for your work.

sotis

Post by sotis »

PHIL63
Go to the permissions to that forum and make guests post without approval. Don't worry, they will not see or read the forum, but the mod can write there.

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

Hey sotis, if you redid those update edits, did they fix that bug for you or is it still there?

PHIL63

Post by PHIL63 »

sotis wrote:PHIL63
Go to the permissions to that forum and make guests post without approval. Don't worry, they will not see or read the forum, but the mod can write there.
I have put the permissions and all is ok :P :P
Thanks sotis for this tip ;)

sotis

Post by sotis »

kmklr72 wrote:Hey sotis, if you redid those update edits, did they fix that bug for you or is it still there?
If I am not complaining everything is fine :mrgreen:

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

It's good to see that everything is fine now :lol: . I am working on the new version which will have a duplicate user list and I'm planning on adding the ban by cookie feature as well.

sotis

Post by sotis »

Unfortunately now it doesn't send message at all :(
either posts or PM

parasolx
Name: Hadafi

Post by parasolx »

I have install this modx, and it works really really great since my forum always have double post by same users. now, it look really nice when all those post where combined and merge in one post. and of course all members like it, make the posting activity seems much easier (no more edit button is clicking).

but here, hrm.. maybe a feature request. Ok, let me give a scenario first. Let say a member is posting a reply. then when other user load the forum, the UNREAD indicator will show that there is a new post. then after that user read the post, the indicator will go away.

but, when the the same poster reply to the same topic, then this modx will merge those double post into a single post, the indicator for UNREAD is not activate since that post have been read by a user before.

so is there anyway to solve this?

DeathByNukes

Post by DeathByNukes »

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in public_html/includes/acp/acp_dap.php on line 94

Code: Select all

case 'dupe_user_list':
				$template->assign_vars(array(
					''	=> ,
				));
			break;
phpbb 3.0.4
PHP Version 5.2.9

What?

parasolx
Name: Hadafi

Post by parasolx »

parasolx wrote:I have install this modx, and it works really really great since my forum always have double post by same users. now, it look really nice when all those post where combined and merge in one post. and of course all members like it, make the posting activity seems much easier (no more edit button is clicking).

but here, hrm.. maybe a feature request. Ok, let me give a scenario first. Let say a member is posting a reply. then when other user load the forum, the UNREAD indicator will show that there is a new post. then after that user read the post, the indicator will go away.

but, when the the same poster reply to the same topic, then this modx will merge those double post into a single post, the indicator for UNREAD is not activate since that post have been read by a user before.

so is there anyway to solve this?
oppss.. sorry.. wrong thread

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

@DeathByNukes

You can take that block of code out. I forgot to take it out when I finished the last version. Also make sure to get rid of the module that was created for that.

DeathByNukes

Post by DeathByNukes »

You mean this?
includes/acp/info/acp_dap.php wrote:'dupe_user_list' => array('title' => 'ACP_DAP_DUPE_USER_LIST', 'auth' => 'acl_a_board', 'cat' => array('ACP_BOARD_CONFIGURATION')),
Edit:
You didn't put acp_dap.html in install.xml. I had to copy it manually.

kmklr72

Post by kmklr72 »

Thabks for finding that. I'll have to reupload a fixed version when I have a chance. You should still remove that module from the Double Account Preventer module under the .MODS tab.

DeathByNukes

Post by DeathByNukes »

I don't know what you mean by "get rid of the module."
I'm not familiar with phpbb's code. :P

Edit:
The PM and post notifications don't do anything...
Immediate blocking does work.
I haven't tried email.

I installed with Automod.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”