[ABD] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
andy2295

[ABD] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by andy2295 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Modification Name: Force to Read Topics
Author: andy2295

Modification Description:: This MOD forces users of particular user groups to read certain topics (at least be redirected to certain topics). Particularly useful to force the users to read announcements or rules or users from particular groups like moderators or any other custom groups to read important topics.

Modification Version:: 1.0.0

Modification Download:Force to Read Topics

Home Page: PhpBB3-mods.com

Features:Features include :
ACP Module to handle the operation, very user friendly...
Force certain user-groups to read certain topics on login or autologin...
Forced topics sorted into active and expired topics.
Auto-reset... the topic is withdrawn to be forced to read after certain time within next 1 year. (expires)
In ACP, show all users who have read the topic.
If multiple topics, then on login it shows a list of topics that should be read. The user may click any of the topics to be shown. Unless all topics have been read by the user, the user cannot go any further on the forum (except logout).
If only single topic to be read, then simply takes the user to the topic to be read, with a note that the admin has asked you to read this topic before proceeding.

Mod Formally by TheUniqueTiger in 2007
Last edited by DavidIQ on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Marked as abandoned

Thyron

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics Version 1.0.0

Post by Thyron » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Great! Did you manage to solve the problems reported in the thread of version 0.1.0?

I just found this mod and am thinking about installing it...

andy2295

Post by andy2295 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Thyron wrote:Great! Did you manage to solve the problems reported in the thread of version 0.1.0?

I just found this mod and am thinking about installing it...
Should have sorted ones that we could find

Lisbon

Post by Lisbon » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:55 pm

This is a great mod, but the old versions have bug´s, this version I do not know. ;)

DoYouSpeakWak
Name: Hans Lassen

Post by DoYouSpeakWak » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:09 pm

I love this idea. It will be very usefull. Just one question. Can this make users read the topic in a forum they enter. Lets say i have 5 forums, in each is a topic i would like the users to read before being able to post in that forum. When they enter one of the forums they will be redirected to that topic. When read they can post. Not before.
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid phpBB help and System administrator services.

andy2295

Post by andy2295 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:26 pm

DoYouSpeakWak wrote:I love this idea. It will be very usefull. Just one question. Can this make users read the topic in a forum they enter. Lets say i have 5 forums, in each is a topic i would like the users to read before being able to post in that forum. When they enter one of the forums they will be redirected to that topic. When read they can post. Not before.
No it is purely when you log on. May be could add your suggestion or make another mod

DiryHarry

Post by DiryHarry » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Is it possible to force single users to read a topic? Or does it only work for entire groups?

andy2295

Post by andy2295 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:07 pm

DiryHarry wrote:Is it possible to force single users to read a topic? Or does it only work for entire groups?
It is for groups only at the minute

Thyron

Post by Thyron » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:19 pm

andy2295 wrote:
DiryHarry wrote:Is it possible to force single users to read a topic? Or does it only work for entire groups?
It is for groups only at the minute
I think for single users would be usefull, too!

MaLeKo

Post by MaLeKo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:41 pm

andy2295 wrote:Force certain user-groups to read certain topics on login or autologin...
Does that include newly registered users that login for the first time? I want to redirect them to the forum rules topic when they first login after signing up

andy2295

Post by andy2295 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:05 pm

MaLeKo wrote:
andy2295 wrote:Force certain user-groups to read certain topics on login or autologin...
Does that include newly registered users that login for the first time? I want to redirect them to the forum rules topic when they first login after signing up
Yes that is what the mod does

globetrotting

Post by globetrotting » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:56 am

Beside of forcing a group to read a topic I would love to see an individual approach, i.e. the possibilty for moderators to tag somebody so he will be forced to read the rules (maybe even have a little drop down choice to choose one specific topic to read out of several possible topics) .
Best would be to have a FTRT-checkbox handy while reading someone's topic.

Could this be done?
Thx for help! :)
www.worldtrip.de

yais

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by yais » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:34 pm

I'm getting this error in the ACP when I click "Add":

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_ftrt.php on line 796: Undefined variable: expire_time
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_ftrt.php on line 796: Undefined variable: expire_time
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_ftrt.php on line 834: Undefined variable: topic_url
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_ftrt.php on line 834: Undefined variable: topic_url
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_ftrt.php on line 843: Undefined variable: topic_url
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3180)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 156: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3180)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3180)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 158: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3180)
The lines it refers to are:

Line 796:

if (date('n-Y', $temp_time) == $expire_time['mon'] . '-' . $expire_time['year']) 
Line 834:

'CHECKED'                => ($topic_url) ? in_array($row['group_id'], $selected_groups) : request_var('group' . $row['group_id'], true), //we are utilising the faster method between the two depending on situation 
Line 843:

'TOPIC_URL'                => ($topic_url) ? $topic_url : 'http://', 
Looking at all the variables, they are defined in the file so I don't know why the error is occurring.

Rundh

Post by Rundh » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:27 am

I tried to install this mod, and when i go to Manage Forced Topics in ACP i get
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_forced_topics() in /home/thewhite/public_html/forum/includes/acp/acp_ftrt.php on line 955
:(

yais

Post by yais » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:36 am

there are eveidently still many bugs with this code. i have removed it from my forum and would advise people not to install it in a live environment just yet.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”