[ABD] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by andy2295 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:49 am

yais wrote:there are eveidently still many bugs with this code. i have removed it from my forum and would advise people not to install it in a live environment just yet.
Thats why it is in the development section.

Quote from phpBB "A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!"

yais
Registered User
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by yais » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:21 am

andy2295 wrote:
yais wrote:there are eveidently still many bugs with this code. i have removed it from my forum and would advise people not to install it in a live environment just yet.
Thats why it is in the development section.

Quote from phpBB "A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!"
I know but a lot of mods have reached a level of stability where they can be used in a live environment. I was just pointing out this mod isnt quite there yet.

satandream
Registered User
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by satandream » Sat May 09, 2009 3:29 pm

how is progress as i was wondering to put it on a live forum?

andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by andy2295 » Sat May 09, 2009 3:36 pm

satandream wrote:how is progress as i was wondering to put it on a live forum?
Need to do some more work on it yet

satandream
Registered User
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:47 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by satandream » Sat May 09, 2009 4:21 pm

I`lle keep an eye on this as its a usefull mod

sandpiper_flyer
Registered User
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:09 am

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by sandpiper_flyer » Wed May 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Great to see you taking on this MOD andy2295. And to those of you who are concerned about bugs, I have the former 0.1.0 version working in a live environment and it's fine once you have the thing set up and avoid doing anything off the main road with it. It's a super MOD and worth giving andy2295 time to tighten up the loose ends.

masterbas
Registered User
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:19 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by masterbas » Wed May 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Two suggestions:
- Maybe you can make a feature that only new registered users have to read a topic. Because if you make a topic with hints about the forum for example, then the more experienced users don't have to read that, only the new ones...
- Can you make that a user really had to READ the topic, not only go to...? I was thinking about a countdown... that you can set by every topic you force a 'Read time'. So if I set that to 60 seconds, the user had to be 60 seconds on the topic, before it is marked as read. If he's shorter on that page, he will be forced again to read.

Sorry for my very bad English, I'm from the Netherlands. But I hope you understand what I mean...

Thank a lot ;)

andy2295
Registered User
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by andy2295 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 am

masterbas wrote:Two suggestions:
- Maybe you can make a feature that only new registered users have to read a topic. Because if you make a topic with hints about the forum for example, then the more experienced users don't have to read that, only the new ones...
- Can you make that a user really had to READ the topic, not only go to...? I was thinking about a countdown... that you can set by every topic you force a 'Read time'. So if I set that to 60 seconds, the user had to be 60 seconds on the topic, before it is marked as read. If he's shorter on that page, he will be forced again to read.

Sorry for my very bad English, I'm from the Netherlands. But I hope you understand what I mean...

Thank a lot ;)
i understand what you mean and will look at the suggestions

RahaFoorum
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by RahaFoorum » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:43 am

There seems to be a problem with it in ACP. It always shows the expiration date as being tomorrow even though it's not :)

User avatar
ijhtio
Registered User
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:09 pm
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by ijhtio » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 pm

it is good that you have taken over the mod andy :)
we will soon have a fine release from your stable
regards,
ijhtio

User avatar
Neuropass
Registered User
Posts: 1158
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: SciTE4AutoIt3

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by Neuropass » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:10 am

How is it going with this mod??? i would love to install it on my live forum...

User avatar
HAVOCA
Registered User
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by HAVOCA » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:35 am

Neuropass wrote:How is it going with this mod??? i would love to install it on my live forum...
Me too....go Andy, go Andy, go

Image

User avatar
Neuropass
Registered User
Posts: 1158
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:02 pm
Location: SciTE4AutoIt3

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by Neuropass » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:15 pm

any news about this mod yet???

MordyT
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:15 am

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by MordyT » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:39 pm

Still waiting for this mod to be finilized...
I would love this mod (or something similar)
Would be willing to donate $5 for it...

If anyone knows of a mod to force members to read topics that is already finished, please let me know...

ellie2182
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:44 am
Contact:

Re: [Beta] Force to Read Topics (at log on) Version 1.0.0

Post by ellie2182 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Download link does not work! :o

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”