[ABD] WordPress Integrated

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
andy2295

[ABD] WordPress Integrated

Post by andy2295 »

Modification Name: WordPress Integrated
Author: andy2295

Latest News:: Development abandoned now WP-United has re-surfaced.

Modification Description:: WordPress Integrated is a powerful yet compact modification for phpBB3. The package integrates WordPress Version 2.7.1, the leading blogging and content management tool, into a phpBB 3.0.4 community.

Modification Version:: Alpha 0.0.1

Features: WordPress can be used as a stand-alone portal, or as a fully-integrated blog system. Integrated with phpBB, you have a powerful system.

You can choose to have WordPress appear inside your phpBB header and footer – as users browse posts or articles in WordPress, they will also have access to phpBB function such as log in/out, profile, and private messaging or if you prefer you can also choose to have phpBB appear inside a WordPress page. The choice is yours!

Many owners of phpBB sites will have spent a long time customising the look and feel. You won’t have to duplicate this again as WordPress will sit inside your existing header and footer, without any modifications. The integration even switches your document type declaration, ensuring the combination produces valid XHTML markup.

If you want, you can allow community members to comment on WordPress posts, or give them their own fully-fledged blog.

Automatic login integration is provided whereby users don’t need to register for a separate WordPress account. You can choose how user levels are mapped from phpBB to WordPress – for example, you could give phpBB users the ability to create posts, mods the power to edit posts, etc... or you could allow only phpBB admins to create posts, and everyone else to comment... the choice is yours. You can even turn the mapping completely off – allowing WordPress to use its own login system.

Cross posting is also provided using the phpBB3 permissions system. You can earmark forums for "cross-posting" from blogs. Then, when you write a blog post in wordpress, you can choose for a post summary to be cross-posted as a new topic. A post summary, with tag and category information, is generated, and HTML formatting is automatically converted to BBcode.

Word Press Integrated can provide the ability to give each community member their own blog. Members can choose the title, description, and even the look and feel of their own blogs. For members who have blogs, a "Blog" link will show up in their profile and under their posts, which, when clicked, will take visitors directly to their blog.

Users can show their phpBB avatar in their blog – and community members commenting on blog posts can have theirs show up too.

The mod applies all its behavioural changes to WordPress through a unique interface connection. This connection controls how WordPress behaves while it is integrated into phpBB. WordPress can be installed anywhere on the same host relative to phpBB. You can install WordPress inside or outside your phpBB folder or you can even install phpBB inside your WordPress folder.

You can disable each feature individually. An uninstaller is also provided so you can cleanly reverse any changes you make. There is also a setup wizard that resides in your phpBB Admin Control panel. The Wizard walks you through setting up WordPress Integration, and includes AJAX-enabled tools to auto-detect some of the key options for you.

Plus much much more!

Modification Download: Available soon

Screenshots:

Home Page: PhpBB3-mods.com

Note: Based on the old abandoned WP-United
Last edited by andy2295 on Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
andy2295

Re: [ALPHA] WordPress Integrated

Post by andy2295 »

Reserved for mod author
Chrono
Name: Alfonso Camacho

Post by Chrono »

OMG OMG OMG OMG!! a last!! yeah this is the best mod for a Blog comunnity :D

Lets fallow this... All your mods andy, are awesom!!

Accept mods request? :3

Chaox
www.degeneracionx.com - Anime, Games & Nothing Else.
Anime and Games Hispanic Community (Spanish only)
Sorry for my poor english
vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

YAYAYYAYAYYAA.. Damn i want this now..

Actually all i want is users blog comment to apprear as posts and posts to apprear as blog comments.. actually something similar to http://www.alfredodehoces.com/wp2bb/

This should be easier and better since creating WP theme to copy phpbb3 looks is easy.. Wp united looked too complicated an un necessary to me tbh..

anyways nice work andy.. there are many who would love wp-phpbb bridge or something :)
Jume

Post by Jume »

Sounds incredible. I have been looking for a mod like this recently and will definetely keep an eye on this topic. Thank you Andy.
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

We are hoping to get a first release out very soon
vellatechie

Post by vellatechie »

andy2295 wrote: You can choose to have WordPress appear inside your phpBB header and footer – as users browse posts or articles in WordPress, they will also have access to phpBB function such as log in/out, profile, and private messaging or if you prefer you can also choose to have phpBB appear inside a WordPress page. The choice is yours!
andy2295 wrote:You can disable each feature individually.
I just want user to comment in wordpress blog without creating a seperate account.. thats all.. I dont want wp/phpbb to use common headers or blogs to automatically posted in forums or anything.. will it be possible to disable all other features and just have this feature enabled?? In my site Wordpress will be in the main domain and forum in a subdomain..
jmjm003

Post by jmjm003 »

This would be a very useful mod. As it is I can use coppermine with phpbb3. It's nice being able to use one login for all parts of my site.

In your first screen. Having both headers showing. My opinion, it should be one or the other.

Will you be able to use the permission system with in phpbb3 for wordpress?
Last edited by jmjm003 on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional

Post by Professional »

nice idea.it woud be o if it use rewrite rules ;)
انجمن تخصصی نسل جدید موبایل ها
My Mobile Forum: M4P Forum
Every Thing That U Feel,Is Every Thing That I Feel.
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

vellatechie wrote:
andy2295 wrote: You can choose to have WordPress appear inside your phpBB header and footer – as users browse posts or articles in WordPress, they will also have access to phpBB function such as log in/out, profile, and private messaging or if you prefer you can also choose to have phpBB appear inside a WordPress page. The choice is yours!
andy2295 wrote:You can disable each feature individually.
I just want user to comment in wordpress blog without creating a seperate account.. thats all.. I dont want wp/phpbb to use common headers or blogs to automatically posted in forums or anything.. will it be possible to disable all other features and just have this feature enabled?? In my site Wordpress will be in the main domain and forum in a subdomain..
Both wordpress and phpBB can be run independently but with the same account
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

Professional wrote:nice idea.it woud be o if it use rewrite rules ;)
It will work with phpBB SEO
god0fgod

Post by god0fgod »

This is something I would really like. Will there be the ability to have a link under blog posts to the topic equivalent? Will existing users on both sides be merged into one user base or will it only apply to new members?
andy2295

Post by andy2295 »

god0fgod wrote:This is something I would really like. Will there be the ability to have a link under blog posts to the topic equivalent? Will existing users on both sides be merged into one user base or will it only apply to new members?
Everything should be cross connected.

All existing members can be merged
starriver

Post by starriver »

Andy, are you aware that Wintermute has brought WP-United up-to-date and has it working just fine. I have installed his version with phpBB3 3.0.4 and Wordpress MU 2.7 and it works as advertised.

Check out http://www.nitemarecafe.com/phpBB3/view ... p?f=6&t=15

Are you planning on doing anything different than what he has already done?
Granit

Post by Granit »

Sounds great this, but i have two question.

I already have an integrated design of my blog and forum, can i use this only for the integration for user accounts and logins?

Also i wonder, will there be any kind of functions where if i write a blog post i can choose an option and a link will be added in the blog post where it says "Discuss This Post In The Forum" and when clicking on that you will go to the topic in the forum?

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”