[ABD] Frontpage and folders

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
DoYouSpeakWak

Re: [ALPHA] Frontpage and folders

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Even better. Copy the entire content of footer and header to the footer and header that comes with the mod and dont change do the changes above. That way you can control them better. But both ways work fine.
emsik wrote:Inside folder "frontpage_and_folders_alpha_0.0.2" there still exist folder name "frontpage_and_folders_alpha_0.0.1" ;)
Thx for finding this, ill change it for the next release. Work have started
Whatever you share comes back. Support the phpBB Communities
My Validated and Released Modifications
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
emsik

Post by emsik »

DoYouSpeakWak wrote: Work have started
Good to here it :) My problem has beeen resolved by refreshing templates :oops: (changes were made before)
Thx for quick response
PERVEZ

Post by PERVEZ »

I like this mod v. much. But i want to set my forum in root. I mean when user try to enter my domain they will redirect to my forum index page as they doing now. And there will be link for these folder. Is this possible?

And can you please tell me the code of that mini bar panel so that i can add them in custom page of my forum?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

PERVEZ wrote:I like this mod v. much. But i want to set my forum in root. I mean when user try to enter my domain they will redirect to my forum index page as they doing now. And there will be link for these folder. Is this possible?
Read this a couple of posts back: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10146555

I have it working on a live board as is described above. I am in the process of writing it up properly and not having so much hard coding involved. I believe DoYouSpeakWak will then have it, or something similar, as an alternative.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
kopacko

Post by kopacko »

Very nice...subscribed!

How is the text stored? In the same tables as a post so there one search engine for both?
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

PERVEZ wrote:I like this mod v. much. But i want to set my forum in root. I mean when user try to enter my domain they will redirect to my forum index page as they doing now. And there will be link for these folder. Is this possible?

And can you please tell me the code of that mini bar panel so that i can add them in custom page of my forum?
I can imagen your board works a bit like this. instant redirect to phpBB3 directory. Test > www.inferno-magic.dk
In that case its very simple. just dont upload the root/index.php then the rest of the folders will still work.

Yes the panels can be used anywere within the phpbb core. But its not that simple, the easiest way is to copy and edit the template files that comes with this mod. See first post and also read mixstars post about it, together they should give you a good place to start.
kopacko wrote:Very nice...subscribed!

How is the text stored? In the same tables as a post so there one search engine for both?
This mod uses no sql or install files. all text are stored in the language/en(or whatever language you use)/mods/. No search engine at the moment.

I will review the current version make a few changes and update it to beta soon. Later when i learn how i wanna add a acp module and its own tables etc.
Offering paid services. 10+ years of experience with phpBB3 and as System Administrator.
jholder82

Post by jholder82 »

Thanks! The frontpage installation went somewhat smoothly, and is now working.

HOWEVER, somehow, during installation, I managed to screw up my forums. ^^. All the links off of the frontpage work now, except forums. If I go to my forums, this is the error I get now.

=========

Warning: include(./forum/common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web08/b1387/****.*******/forum/index.php on line 15

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './forum/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.1/lib/php') in /hermes/web08/b1387/****.*******/forum/index.php on line 15

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /hermes/web08/b1387/****.*******/forum/index.php on line 18

=========

Any clue what that might mean? Or how I messed it up?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Check to make sure you have all the paths set correctly for your installation. It sounds to me like it can't find common.php.

If you have carried out the install on a board already running in a subfolder there shouldn't be a problem.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Post by imkingdavid »

Hey, I'm liking the look of this. However, I'm probably going to wait until BETA or RC to try it out. have you done any new changes/updates to this recently? Thanks!
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
DoYouSpeakWak

Re: [BETA] Frontpage and folders

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

imkingdavid wrote:Hey, I'm liking the look of this. However, I'm probably going to wait until BETA or RC to try it out. have you done any new changes/updates to this recently? Thanks!
Its a very simple mod and there wont be any huge changes before rc, exept added features.

Updated to 0.0.3. No need to update if you use 0.0.2, the latest changes are purely on the install files and modx.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, then, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. :)
EDIT: Actually, I hadn't noticed that you have to install it outside of the phpBB folder. My forum is in the root directory of my site right now. I may end up moving it and then try it out, but that'll be later. Thanks!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

imkingdavid wrote:EDIT: Actually, I hadn't noticed that you have to install it outside of the phpBB folder. My forum is in the root directory of my site right now. I may end up moving it and then try it out, but that'll be later. Thanks!
If you actually you read the whole thread you will see that it is possible to have your board in the root: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p10146555
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Thanks Mixstar. I had seen that earlier but forgot about it. Anyway, I installed, but here's what I get: http://forummafia.2x.nu/phpbbmods/frontpage/
The two menus aren't loading properly where they should be. I'm pretty sure I made all of the correct edits and changed all of the needed filenames.
DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

It looks like css problems. Double check the edits and make sure the frontpage.css file is uploaded
imkingdavid
Former Team Member

Post by imkingdavid »

Alright, it turns out that for whatever reason, I just had to re-upload the template files... but whatever.

Anyway, I have a request: can you possibly integrate this into the ACP? Because it's somewhat of a pain to have to edit language files every time. Although I appreciate you using language files instead of making me edit all the template files for each style. :D :lol:

EDIT: by the way, if you don't put in enough text for a page, it breaks the style.

I would try to fix it myself, but I don't want to screw it up even further. :roll:

Thanks!
Last edited by imkingdavid on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”