[ABD] Affiliate Manager

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sam
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Thompson

[ABD] Affiliate Manager

Post by Sam »

Modification Name: Affiliate Manager
Author: SyntaxError90

Modification Description:: Adds a page to display affiliates, a UCP My Affiliates section, and an ACP management/approval of affiliates. Helps build valuable backlinks and networking with other related websites.
Modification Version:: 0.05

Features:
  • ACP Management
  • Approval Based
  • Users submit via UCP
  • Affiliate Expiration (can be disabled)
  • Adds new page: Affiliates.php
  • Customizable Rules of Submission
  • Admins can Specify Affiliate Image Dimensions
Screenshots: ACP Config
Demo URL: Coming Soon!

Modification Download: Coming Soon!
Last edited by Sam on Tue May 12, 2009 3:34 am, edited 6 times in total.
Topdrag

Re: [DEV] Affiliate Manager

Post by Topdrag »

I like the idea of this MOD. It would be a very welcomed addition to my site.
Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam »

Thanks for the interest. :)

Changed to 0.04, almost have the ACP templating done, going to be working on the functions within the next few days. I will have screenshots when I am done with ACP templates.

Demo board is being prepared as well.
Topdrag

Post by Topdrag »

Awesome! I love how you are already working on this to get it operational. I will for sure be trying out the beta on a test forum I have to help you out with testing when it becomes available.
Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam »

First screenshot up,

Please ignore some of the spelling errors, but this is the basic layout. I expect to be adding size constraint system similar to that of the avatar system (with the exact specifications able to be plugged in)

The management screen will have a list of affiliates you can edit on an individual basis.
For submitting affiliates, users have the following feilds:
-Affiliate Name (name of affiliate)
-Affiliate Link (where the affiliate will point to)
-Affiliate Image (Hosted off-site, will the image to appear on the page)
-Affiliate Description (Description of affiliate, will appear on the affiliates.php page)

I believe I will also be adding a default expiry in the acp options, where admins can specify if/when an affiliate is expired and has to be re approved. Admins will have the option to turn this off by setting the value to 0. On the management page, the edit affiliate function will allow one to set the affiliate not to expire ever.
Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam »

Final Screenshot for DEV updated, working on management tables and submit functions.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

I need this mod, thanks! :)
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
ssnobben

Post by ssnobben »

ddaddy

Post by ddaddy »

Excellent, just what i've been looking for, for my users to put up there business details.

I'm guessing this will put 1 page on my forum where all the affiliates are listed?

Also, will the fields be customisable, like the custom profile fields?

Many Thanks
Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam »

The mod will have an affiliates.php page which you can view all the affiliates, and I am creating a new template variable that you can add to any part of the template to create horizonal or vertical affiliates (they will display 5 random, with a show all affiliates button pointing to the affiliates.php page)

So far I have these fields customizable by the submitter:
-Affiliate Name (name of affiliate)
-Affiliate Link (where the affiliate will point to)
-Affiliate Image (Hosted off-site, will the image to appear on the page)
-Affiliate Description (Description of affiliate, will appear on the affiliates.php page)

But, I am also implementing an affiliate expiration, so they will have to be re approved. The time in days can be customized in the acp, or can be turned off completely. There will also be an admin customizable Rules of Submission that will be displayed when a user submits an affiliate.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

O_o i waiting for mod :D
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Epick One

Post by Epick One »

This would be a great addition to my site, it will help me create back links and join up with other community's. Will be keeping an eye for this.
Pyscho Streets Down Town - Music's Best Creations.
kunterz

Post by kunterz »

woa..very awesome..
thnks alot Sam..
I wonder your MOD able to provide referral information at user administration overview in ACP..so i can filter all registered user by affiliate
:D
Sam
Former Team Member

Post by Sam »

kunterz wrote:woa..very awesome..
thnks alot Sam..
I wonder your MOD able to provide referral information at user administration overview in ACP..so i can filter all registered user by affiliate
:D
Not planing for the Beta release, but for a subsequent beta, it might be a good idea :D

Its been kinda on hold due to some preoccupation has come up, but I should be able to jump back on this soon.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

I can't wait for this mod! :P

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”