[ABD] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Imladris
Name: Andreas Nexmann

Re: [RC] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Imladris »

GazNicki wrote:Hi, back from holiday in York myself today.

Can someone tell me how to update the KB mod please? When I ran Automod, it gave me an error.
I haven't tried updating with automod yet, but just replace all KB files with the newest ones and then run the installer by accessing kb.php logged in as admin. It's all described in the release topics.
Best regards,
Andreas Nexmann aka. Imladris, Danish Phpbb Forum admin.
trickoff

Post by trickoff »

Thank you for a brilliant mod! I can see that you have put a lot of work into it, because of all the great features.

I have a request though that would be wonderful to have:
Is it possible to add a script for generating thumbanils from images within the article and show them next to the title when viewing a category.
Or you can add an option for "thumbnail upload" when creating a new article.

This would be a really sweet feature because you know, a picture says more than thousand words ;)

Thanks again!
Imladris

Re: [BETA] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by Imladris »

baba_n wrote:I made all changes for RC1.0.0
My observation results:
- I activated in plugins section the “request Articles” but I didn’t find the way to make a request.
I cannot reproduce this bug, would you please confirm that you have set your permissions correctly to view it. They are set under Permissions tab in ACP, under the global permissions you can either set them as group or user permissions.
Best regards,
baba_n

Re: [BETA] PhpBB3 Knowledge Base

Post by baba_n »

Imladris wrote:
baba_n wrote:I made all changes for RC1.0.0
My observation results:
- I activated in plugins section the “request Articles” but I didn’t find the way to make a request.
I cannot reproduce this bug, would you please confirm that you have set your permissions correctly to view it. They are set under Permissions tab in ACP, under the global permissions you can either set them as group or user permissions.
Ok, I found the settings.thx. It seems to work now. my fault. Sorry
faqbch99

Post by faqbch99 »

Just installed phpbb3kb-1.0.0RC1\release_1_0_0RC1 on my test site for the 1st time, no upgrade.

I am pretty sure i followed all instructions so I assume what I am finding is issues with the package.

1. In ACP if you click the "Manage Article Types" menu link, you get a white page.

In ACP I created 4 categories.. if i go to mysite.com/kb.php I only see a fugly page and 1 category is displayed. If you click on the category name, takes you to.. /kb.php?c=1 and you get a white page.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

faqbch99 wrote:Just installed phpbb3kb-1.0.0RC1\release_1_0_0RC1 on my test site for the 1st time, no upgrade.

I am pretty sure i followed all instructions so I assume what I am finding is issues with the package.

1. In ACP if you click the "Manage Article Types" menu link, you get a white page.

In ACP I created 4 categories.. if i go to mysite.com/kb.php I only see a fugly page and 1 category is displayed. If you click on the category name, takes you to.. /kb.php?c=1 and you get a white page.
Erm I cannot confirm any of these issues.... are you sure you uploaded all the files correctly?
Best regards,
tyabut

Post by tyabut »

Setup:
# Apache 2.0.63
# MySQL 5.1.37
# PHP 5.2.10
# PHPBB 3.0.5

Bugs:

The latest articles do not get updated for me when I delete/edit an article from a category. I rewrote handler_latest_articles so that instead of walking through $latest_articles and unsetting one of them, a separate array is created with all the elements except the one that should be deleted and then $latest_articles gets pointed at it. I am not sure why unset($latest_articles[$i]) does not work on my system, but there you have it.

When I move an article from one category to another, the latest articles are updated in the new category, but the article is still listed in the latest articles for the old category.

Questions:
What is going on with the localized permissions? I am looking for status as I will be expected to get this functionality working in the next few days, and I want to know if I should wait or go for it. Every time I try to remove or add a group to a category, there are no permissions shown and nothing gets updated. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

For the life of me I could not figure out how to let not logged in users view and download attachments. Attachments worked for the not logged in when I posted a topic in a forum, but not in articles. I eventually fixed it by adding rows into phpbb_acl_groups that set u_kb_download to true for every category and group. Is there a better way to do this? My fix worked for now, but every time a new category gets created I have to edit the db manually.

Is there a way to specify the default sort of the articles via the ACP?
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

There is a bug with the posting_body scrollbar when using IE. The scrollbar keeps shooting upwards making it impossible to write an article.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

tyabut wrote:Setup:
# Apache 2.0.63
# MySQL 5.1.37
# PHP 5.2.10
# PHPBB 3.0.5

Bugs:

The latest articles do not get updated for me when I delete/edit an article from a category. I rewrote handler_latest_articles so that instead of walking through $latest_articles and unsetting one of them, a separate array is created with all the elements except the one that should be deleted and then $latest_articles gets pointed at it. I am not sure why unset($latest_articles[$i]) does not work on my system, but there you have it.

When I move an article from one category to another, the latest articles are updated in the new category, but the article is still listed in the latest articles for the old category.

Questions:
What is going on with the localized permissions? I am looking for status as I will be expected to get this functionality working in the next few days, and I want to know if I should wait or go for it. Every time I try to remove or add a group to a category, there are no permissions shown and nothing gets updated. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

For the life of me I could not figure out how to let not logged in users view and download attachments. Attachments worked for the not logged in when I posted a topic in a forum, but not in articles. I eventually fixed it by adding rows into phpbb_acl_groups that set u_kb_download to true for every category and group. Is there a better way to do this? My fix worked for now, but every time a new category gets created I have to edit the db manually.

Is there a way to specify the default sort of the articles via the ACP?
I can't recreate any of those problems, our local cat permissions have worked well for some time now, so I do not understand how you come by those errors.... please try to update to latest version and make sure you install the correct way. If this doesn't work please elaborate on the problems... because that is really really odd.
Best regards,
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

1.0.0 Release Candidate 2 has been released
This second release candidate will bring us closer to 1.0.0 final release, please see the main topic in this post for more information. Download is available from here.

Author notes:
This is purely a bugfixing update, so there is nothing to do other than upload the new files and update it.
Best regards,
tyabut

Post by tyabut »

Imladris wrote:I can't recreate any of those problems, our local cat permissions have worked well for some time now, so I do not understand how you come by those errors.... please try to update to latest version and make sure you install the correct way. If this doesn't work please elaborate on the problems... because that is really really odd.
Figured it out. KB has to be installed as the last mod or permissions don't work. I am still having issues even on RC2 with moving an article between two categories and the old category still showing the article in the Latest Articles listing.
poppertom69
Name: Tom Martin

Post by poppertom69 »

The lastest article isn't dependant on cat it is latest cat worldwide!
Do one thing everyday, that scares you!
tyabut

Post by tyabut »

Ah so you are saying that when I add a category and post an article in it, underneath each category on the category listing page where it says "Latest Articles" it should be the latest articles in all categories and not that specific category?

It just seems silly to have an article listed in another category's Latest Articles if the article isn't actually in that category.
Last edited by tyabut on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

tyabut wrote:
Imladris wrote:I can't recreate any of those problems, our local cat permissions have worked well for some time now, so I do not understand how you come by those errors.... please try to update to latest version and make sure you install the correct way. If this doesn't work please elaborate on the problems... because that is really really odd.
Figured it out. KB has to be installed as the last mod or permissions don't work. I am still having issues even on RC2 with moving an article between two categories and the old category still showing the article in the Latest Articles listing.
Just so I am 100% sure, did you get the permissions to work 100% now? And was the problem that you had the other KB mod installed?

And I will look into the latest article on category... it is true that it doesn't update on moving article. My bad. :oops:
Best regards,
tyabut

Post by tyabut »

Yes permissions 100% work. It is a beautiful thing :). I was running Prime Links and Prime Login Return, and I had installed them after I installed KB. Now KB is installed last and it works.

Thanks for doing this mod btw, now that I've installed it correctly it's great!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”